“Great place to stay in Atlanta”

TownePlace Suites Atlanta Northlake
Ranked #116 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The hotel is located in a non-crowded area of Atlanta. The service is great and I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. The furnishings are dated but clean and well maintained. The beds are a bit too soft. I think this is a characteristic of TownePlace Suites. The breakfast is simple but good.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 September 2013

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, I was a little unsure about staying here. And when I arrived and saw all of the construction and that the registration desk was temporarily set up in a hotel room, I feared the worst. But the staff was friendly and gave me a room on the top floor at the end of the hall when I requested a quiet room. And what a room it was! Newly renovated with a cute kitchenette and plenty of storage space, it was great to stay in. I also paid a low price for it and the location was to my liking - tucked away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Atlanta, but not too far to drive in. If I need a hotel in the area again, I'll be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My family stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, which was clean and quite functional for us. The bathroom has separate doors for the shower/toilet vs the sink/mirror, which allowed 2 people to get ready at once! We only used the refrigerator in the kitchenette, but all looked to be in working order. The wireless was fast and the staff was very, very attentive to our needs so the construction did not affect our stay. We will be staying there on our next ATL trip!

Room Tip: corner suite had more windows, but not really any views
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2013

False advertising. This hotel is not suites in any way. The entire suite is smaller than a standard hotel room. They claim to be undergoing renovations but the issues have nothing to do with a renovation. The appliances do not work, the entire room is in disrepair, there are bugs everywhere and it is not a clean property. I should have read the reviews instead of trusting the Marriott Brand name.

Room Tip: Stay away from the hotel. Do not look at the pictures of the room, they are misrepresented.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Travelbug2500
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Great value for what we paid. Clean rooms and friendly staff. The only negative is that they do not offer complimentary items such as toothpaste or razors. You can buy from a vending machine. All in all, I would stay here again and again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Robert A
Reviewed 2 March 2013

This is a modest property located adjacent to the North Lake Mall. It is convenient to most locations on the North East side of town. The prices are very reasonable, and the staff exceptionally friendly. They have a simple workout room and guest laundry. The lobby is rather small and only 3 seats for breakfast in the morning. The breakfast is small but adequate. At this price, the furnishings and decor are dated. But the rooms do have flat screens and the kitchens are stocked.

Room Tip: The 2-bedroom suites are affordable and offer the most room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Only Cons for this property. I stay in Marriott properties multiple times per month and this property falls FAR below the brand standard. The rooms are quite dated in style and the shower curtain in my particular room was mildew stained.

I mentioned that the shower curtain was dirty only to be told they are remodeling in the near future and would be "Replacing all of that soon".

On my next Credit Card Bill, I found an unexpected charge for $250.00 that they claimed was a 'Smoke Free Environment' fee. I called and the Desk Attendant first told me there were pictures of cigarettes in the room after I left; however, I am not a smoker and I was only in the room for one night so I asked for a copy of the pictures, but they could not be produced. In the end, Marriott Corporate advised that I should file a claim with my Credit Card Company (which I did) to get this refunded and stated the Hotel is between managers and it might be difficult to get this resolved.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business