“Worst Marriott Experience Ever”

TownePlace Suites Atlanta Northlake
Ranked #117 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Cape Coral
“Worst Marriott Experience Ever”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

When I got to my room, there were small hand prints all over the TV screen and wall mirror in the bathroom. The refrigerator had dried spilled food and a rock hard garlic bulb in the drawer. I cleaned my own room the five weeks I was there because even after I requested a full clean at the front desk, the staff never once cleaned a sink, the shower or toilet. The housekeeping staff spent of lot of time talking in the hallways, with each other and on the phone. It was very disturbing. Breakfast area is very small and crowded. A coworker had his personal and work computer and equipment stolen from his room. Worst Marriott experience ever.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you next to the elevator, it's very noisy,
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
ATLTSmgr, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Northlake, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for your review of TownePlace Suites Northlake. I apologize your stay was not as you would expect from Marriott. This is the first time I am hearing about cleaning issues for 5 weeks or theft of any computer equipment. I invite you and your co worker to contact the hotel directly to discuss this matter further in order for us to resolve it correctly. Again, Thank you for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
pittsburgh, pa
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This one surprised me! Located just off i-285 east of Atlanta, this is a great value. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite that that exceptionally clean, with a full kitchen with Stove, Dishwasher, microwave, Toaster, full sized refrigerator, and everything you need to cook with. Breakfast was included in the morning which was standard "continental" items, along with hot waffles. Perfect to start the day. The highlight for us was the service. Smiles from every staff member who provided assistance even when we didn't ask. The sweet tea in the lobby was perfect as we ended our evening.
The lobby area is small, but efficient, and provides all the services you would expect from a major hotel. The hallway and elevator carpet is a bit worn and stained, but don't let that fool you. The rooms are exceptionally clean and well maintained. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: If you have a family of 4 or more, get a two bedroom suite.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
So happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again next time you visit Atlanta. Thank you for taking the time to give us a review.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was one of my favorite places to stay in Atlanta. The value is exceptional and the staff is always extremely friendly. My only knock was they had no breakfast area and the lobby was extremely small. Well all that has been fixed now with a brand new breakfast area serving an upgraded breakfast as well as a larger lobby. So everything I said about this place stands except now I find no negatives.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ATLTSmgr, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Northlake, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for your review of the hotel. Glad you like what we did with the renovation. See you next time you visit Atlanta.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

If you need things like an oven, stove, microwave, dishwasher, full-size fridge in the room then here you go. Beds feel great. The staff was nice, especially Jackie on the night shift. Had an issue with first room and she handled it in a way that will bring me back to this hotel. She's so professional yet friendly that I knew I was well taken care of. I stayed a few nights and Shanel took care of the room wonderfully. Tashika was great, too, as was Natalie. The only thing lacking was breakfast, but it's still enough to get your day started off ok. Overall a great stay, especially for the price. They also have suites with bedrooms in them; great for families and extend stays.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
ATLTSmgr, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Northlake, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you so much for your review. Glad our team took good care of you. We look forward to your next trip back to Atlanta.
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 April 2014

What a pleasant departure from stuffy hotel accommodations in Midtown Atlanta! Staff could not be more helpful, friendly, competent and attentive without soliciting a gratuity. The room was clean, comfortable and the kitchen was user friendly: coffee, towels, dishwashing detergent replenished daily and when I returned each day, had a very pleasant aroma. This hotel is not located in an area with fine dining or upscale shopping; however, family and chain restaurants, several nice grocery stores and a mall with the usual offerings are located nearby. Additionally, major highways are easily accessible, but I found a very good route through neighborhoods to be a more pleasant way to drive into Midtown. My stay in Atlanta was due to a family illness, so after being in the hospital environment during the day, this hotel was a welcome oasis in the evenings.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank maunonet
ATLTSmgr, Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Northlake, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you next time you are in Atlanta and fingers are crossed that you will get to enjoy all the city has to offer next time. Thank you for your review.
Summit, Mississippi
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Upon first arrival at the hotel, the curb appeal was very charming. The neighborhood seemed nice and safe. The check in clerk was very friendly and even went and got me milk out of the breakfast supply for my toddler's bedtime since it was very late and I didn't want to have to go find a gas station late at night. It's the little things that count. When we entered our room it was very spacious and nicely decorated and definitely made you feel like you got your money's worth. We had a two bedroom suite and it definitely is an economy room if you are a larger person keep that in mind- the tub is rather small. Unfortunately I chose the wrong bedroom between the two because my bed was quite hard and uncomfortable but my mother said her bed was fine. My only complaint is that the hotel is a little noisy I could hear people above us, walking in the stairwell right next to our room, and shutting their loud doors in the hall. Overall though the staff was extremely extremely friendly and helpful all the way down to the cleaning staff. The carpets could use some cleaning or updating but other than that for the $120 price I paid it was definitely worth it and I would return.

Room Tip: Rooms by stairwells should be avoided.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Glad you enjoyed your stay! We will be upgrading all of our mattresses in 2014. Hope to see you again next time you visit Atlanta.
Homer, Alaska
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed one night on business. Overall a nice place and quiet except for an occasional dog barking. The hotel IS pet friendly. The property is well kept and in good repair. You even get a Coca Cola with your room. The room had a kitchenette with a small apartment-size range and refrigerator. The staff was friendly. The only problems were a small spill on the cook top and crumbs on top of the refrigerator. I would not let these keep me from staying again, though.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
ATLTSmgr, Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Northlake, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. See you next time you visit Atlanta.