“Responsive management, nice property”

TownePlace Suites Atlanta Northlake
Ranked #117 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Responsive management, nice property”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stay in lots of Marriott properties, which are very consistent in quality. I stayed in this property one night. It is a large room with a mini-kitchen, which would be convenient for longer stays. My stay did not begin well -- checked in late (around 10:30 PM after a long day of moving) and was met by a less-than-Marriott-like night clerk, a bit grumpy and not helpful. We encountered some problems with our room, which the morning clerk, who turned out to be the manager, resolved to our satisfaction. Mattresses are comfy, free breakfast is adequate, but wish there had been real oatmeal rather than instant.

Room Tip: unless you need one, avoid a handicap room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
ATLTSmgr, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Northlake, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for your review. I apologize your stay did not begin as you would expect from Marriott but I am happy to hear everything was corrected. Hope to see you again next time your visit Atlanta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We were in Atlanta for a baseball tournament. Since this location was so close to the interstate we were able to get to different baseball fields within 30-45 mins. Also, the staff at this hotel was absolutely incredible. From when I checked in until I checked out…they were awesome. Also, the hotel was recently renovated so everything was brand new. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
ATLTSmgr, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Northlake, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the hotel. I happy the location worked well for your needs and the staff took good care of you. Hope to see you back next time you visit Atlanta.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We travel a lot each summer for travel baseball. We recently stayed at Towne Place Suites by Marriott Atlanta Northlake. The customer service was excellent. The manager Dana and her entire staff were very helpful and extremely pleasant every day. From the front desk staff to the housekeeping crew - everyone was so nice!!! It was a pleasure staying there. We will definitely return there for our next tournament in Atlanta. If you need anything just ask them and they will take care of it immediately.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and our team. It was a pleasure having all of our baseball families stay with us, We are looking forward to your visit next year. Good luck with the rest of your tournaments this summer.
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Love this hotel! This is the second time I stayed here. Quiet rooms and comfortable beds. The staff is very friendly. Very close to Stone Mountain Park and located on the perimeter, so also a close drive to downtown Atlanta and Deluth (for tubing down the Chattahoochee. I recommend a room with view of the woods as it is peaceful and quiet. Great place to stay for families and couples. The only drawback is the toiletries can be on the skimpy side so sometimes you have to get more from the front desk. But you do get a large room(s) with full size kitchens which is great! Will always stay here on vacations to Stone Mountain Park and Atlanta.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. We appreciate your feedback. Look forward to seeing you next time you visit Atlanta.
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here because it was near the office. I was unimpressed with the housekeeping. We were there for 4 nights. They never cleaned my bathroom once or even vacuumed once. One day they didn't even enter my room. Everything was untouched, including the bed. The other days they did make my bed. The towels were never replenished or even refolded, nor were the toiletries replenished. I remember it looked like the tub hadn't been cleaned when I first checked in and it was never cleaned once in the 4 nights I was there. Hair in the tub and on the floor, sink not cleaned either. To their credit, when I complained, they gave me 5,000 extra Marriott points. One of my co-workers found her room unlocked two days in a row, but it seems like nothing was missing. The others also said they didn't think their rooms had been cleaned either. The free breakfast is cold -- cold cereal and milk, fruit, packaged oatmeal, cellophane wrapped pastries and bagels. The only good thing was the waffle maker where you can make your own fresh waffles. Usually I skipped the breakfast and when someplace else. No evening snack either. The best thing though is the full kitchen. The kitchens are small, but have everything you need, including full-sized fridge and oven. I hardly used the kitchen so next time I'll stay at a full-service hotel instead of an extended stay place like this. They did switch over the entire place to new beds and I got a new bed my last night there, but it wasn't very comfortable. I prefer the beds at a full-service Marriott. Also, there was smoke coming from one of the rooms (probably they left something burning on the stove) near a co-worker's room but the alarms didn't go off. I heard nothing as I was on a lower floor. The entire building should have been evacuated if there was smoke and all the alarms should have gone off.

Room Tip: If you want some quiet, ask for a room away from the outdoor pool. It can be very noisy in the summe...
Green Features: They only clean your bathroom and change bed linens evert 4 days. Supposed to re-fold towels, replenish toiletries and make your bed everyday. They don't vacuum. So I don't think they're environmentally friendly as lazy and dirty.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JasKalBrn
ATLTSmgr, Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Northlake, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize it was not as you expected. We do a full clean which includes cleaning the bathroom and vacuuming 1 time a week unless more frequent cleaning is requested. Since your stay was 4 days you were not scheduled for a full clean. In the future we can always change your cleaning schedule to accomidate your needs. Again, Thank you for your feedback.
Hiawassee, Georgia
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I chose them for my short Atlanta trip because it was close to Stone Mountain Park, had a swimming pool, a full kitchen, and 2 bedrooms! (My 10-year-old step-daughter loves having her own room.) The kitchen was ill-equipped, but the staff found me a bigger pot to boil noodles and gathered up some tinfoil so I could bake the bread. The pool was small, but both times we used it, we were the only ones in it. The breakfast room was small but it is called "grab and go" and only one waffle iron (and everyone wants waffles) but it was very good. For $129 night, IT WAS A STEAL!!!

Room Tip: Room 521 was high enough to see over the trees and had a view of the lake!
Green Features: They have the green notes about the towels and linens.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review us. Glad you enjoyed your stayed and that our team was able to help you out during your stay. Hope to see you next time you visit Atlanta.
Cape Coral
Reviewed 29 June 2014

When I got to my room, there were small hand prints all over the TV screen and wall mirror in the bathroom. The refrigerator had dried spilled food and a rock hard garlic bulb in the drawer. I cleaned my own room the five weeks I was there because even after I requested a full clean at the front desk, the staff never once cleaned a sink, the shower or toilet. The housekeeping staff spent of lot of time talking in the hallways, with each other and on the phone. It was very disturbing. Breakfast area is very small and crowded. A coworker had his personal and work computer and equipment stolen from his room. Worst Marriott experience ever.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you next to the elevator, it's very noisy,
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
ATLTSmgr, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Northlake, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for your review of TownePlace Suites Northlake. I apologize your stay was not as you would expect from Marriott. This is the first time I am hearing about cleaning issues for 5 weeks or theft of any computer equipment. I invite you and your co worker to contact the hotel directly to discuss this matter further in order for us to resolve it correctly. Again, Thank you for your review.

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels