“Dirty, dusty, damp, don't stay!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Ballpark at Cobb Galleria
Ranked #56 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
“Dirty, dusty, damp, don't stay!”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The hotel's new furniture and coat of paint is deceiving. Beneath the surface it was a very unsanitary place. The bathroom tub was filty. There was mucus on the walls and upon touching the ring around the tub, there was dirt on my finger! GROSS! We changed our room and there was mold around the tub and still not up to par on cleanliness. I ciuld nit let my twonyear old son ait in the tub. The room was dusty and smelled moldy. They allow pets and I don't think they clean very well after the pets leave. The housekeeping staff did not replenish our tissues which was essential as we were sneezing due to the dust in the room. I wil NEVER stay here again. The front desk staff upon check in was very nice, Gretchen and Josephine were amazing. However the staff member on the next shift whose name I cant remember was very rude to my husband when our keys would work. She asked " how does that make you feel?" Really? So rude!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I picked this hotel based upon the reviews on trip advisor, and I swear, there must be some mistake! There is no way I would give it 4-5 stars. This place looks great from the outside, but our room was smelly and damp. No toilet tissue, no toiletries period! I requested an extra towel and pillow - had to ask twice. The window shade was broken and we had to wait until the next day to get it repaired. The bed was not that comfortable, there was a serious ant problem, And, I spent an hour on the phone with IT just to get an iffy internet connection. Overall, it's just pretty beat up and tired. The breakfast was ridiculous - They were almost out of many items and the quality and variety was pathetic. We ended up going to the Starbucks across the street for coffee and a breakfast sandwich, which negates the savings of "breakfast at the hotel." The staff was friendly enough, but I need an inviting room and comfortable bed when I spend that much money on a hotel room.

Room Tip: Elevator was very slow - I would choose a lower room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank chendrix23
Tennessee
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed here for one night for a visit to Six Flags Whitewater nearby. The location was convenient right off !-285. We were very impressed by the condition of the hotel; the building itself is very attractive with beautiful landscaping. Everything on the inside seemed new and fresh as well. We enjoyed the outdoor pool and hot tub. The mattresses were very comfortable; the pillows not so much. There is a double door to the bathroom, which does not lock nor latch super tightly, so it could be an issue if you prefer a little more privacy in the bathroom. The breakfast was fine, except instead of fresh scrambled eggs they had packaged refrigerated cheese omelets without heating instructions. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and thought the quality of the place far exceeded other hotels in the same price range.

Room Tip: We had a view of the city off in the distance from the 5th floor.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The service was outstanding and the room was spacious. Would have rated them higher except I got tired of bagged trash blocking my way for several hours when I came out of my room, and, when my daughter and I sat on the end of the bed,it flipped up so high we thought the entire bed was going to crash on us! The breakfast was great, the make your own waffles was a big hit!

Room Tip: Try to stick to the first or second floors, the elevator is a little creepy.Also, if you want wifi m...
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This hotel was just what I was looking for. It was very convenient to the interstate. The room was clean and spacious. I was right next to the door, but with a pet that was great! The staff was very friendly and the breakfast smelled delicious, but I didn't stop for any.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Heather M
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The rooms were beautiful in décor and comfortable with excellent beds and pillows. The location is nice with trendy restaurants and plenty to do. We felt safe when we went out and the hotel staff was super nice and helpful. When children in the room next door were unruly, hotel staff addressed the issue quickly. We will definitely return to this location for future visits to the Atlanta area.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We booked this hotel on Hotwire because it was near our destination in Vinings. We usually stay at the Hampton Inn nearby, but we decided to try Hotwire for a more affordable price. Truthfully, our expectations were not high since the rate we were quoted was very low. When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised at the well-kept outside grounds and when we entered, the lobby was spacious, clean and well decorated. As we approached the front desk to check in, the desk clerk couldn't have been nicer. She was pleasant and accommodating in every way. Our room was large and very nicely appointed. Each time we passed the front desk during our stay, we were greeted with a smile and friendly comment. The guest computer was easily accessible to print boarding passes. We had guests visiting us one evening while we were there and we used a private table/umbrella on the patio so we could enjoy the outdoors and lovely landscaping. It was also nice to have the convenient breakfast before leaving for the airport. I would definitely recommend this place to other travelers. In fact, I have already booked another stay at the same hotel. The Management had an issue with Hotwire, but it was quickly resolved.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends