“Average but decent sums it up....” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta-Paces Ferry/Vinings

La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta-Paces Ferry/Vinings
Ranked #60 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Cape Coral, Florida
“Average but decent sums it up....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2009

If you are looking for a decent place to stay in a budget price range in this vacinity, then this will work. The room was clean, parking is free, the bathroom was a decent size, and the bed was comfortable. I didn't eat breakfast, but a lot of people seemed to be enjoying it, and it is included which is a plus. The elevator closest to the front desk was broken, but they did have another one working toward the back. And I personally didn't care for the double bathroom doors that didn't lock. All in all it's generic basic lodging, but I felt pretty safe, the price was right, and the room was clean so a traveler's basic needs can be met.....

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Detroit, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2008

OK, so I had to come back out to TripAdvisor and write a review for the La Quinta since I decided to stay there after coming to this website and reading reviews. Overall, I was very pleased! I stayed for 4 nights and appreciated several good qualities. 1) The hotel was in a clean, safe area (important as I was staying there by myself and I'm a young female), 2) The staff was nice and friendly, 3) The beds were extremely comfortable (Simmons Beauty Rest!) and 4) It was like 3 minutes from the mall :) However, there were a few down points - 1) The free breakfast is more on the continental side - no meat, 2) The housekeeping personnel pay no attention to the do not disturb sign placed on the outside of the hotel room door. Twice I had placed the sign out there and had two different ladies proceed to try and open the door anyway! 3) And this is huge...I came back to the hotel room one day to find my luggage gone - I went to the desk and found out that they had switched me to another room because the a/c in my room was leaking, which was fine...but no note was left for me. The manager had locked my luggage up in the office and upgraded me to a Suite for my trouble. Fine right? Wrong, I went to the new room and the lock didn't work, I asked for another one, I went there and found a bug crawling on the wall, so I asked for another one...I stayed in the final room, but learned that they were working on the pipes so the water was running out rust color. No evening bath for me! All this was little disconcerting so I spoke to the manager the next day and told her how disappointed I was and could I be credited for that evening. She worked with the third party on line vacation package company I went through (NeatGroup - associated with Orbitz I think) and they did indeed credit my account for 2 evenings! The manager said, if they hadn't - she would have given me a free 2-night stay voucher for any LaQuinta in the U.S. - I thought that they made up for the mishap nicely though and as I said - overall, I was pleased, would recommend it for others and would stay there again myself.

• Liked — Location, Close to Mall, Restaraunts and Freeways
  • Disliked — Just Continental Breakfast, Lack of Communication from Management on A/C Incident
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank DawnInDetroit
Joplin Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2008

This property is in an upscale part of town. The hotel is beautifully landscaped and relatively easy access on/off the nearby freeway. The hotel was spacious, well maintained, well lighted, and very clean. The breakfast area was spacious. We had no problems, and wished that every hotel (and La Quinta) that we've stayed in was this nice. The hotel is close to a very upscale shopping and restaurant district.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark43
corgigirl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2008

My boyfriend and I went on a road trip from South Florida to North Carolina with my best friend and her boyfriend. After a long day in Atlanta we stayed at this hotel. The price was very reasonable, I have stayed in other LaQuinta with the same rooms and paid over $100, the beds were comfortable and the staff were amazing. The breakfast was more than I have seen at other hotels it had gravy and biscuits in addition to all the normal breakfast fare. This was a perfect stay except the hot tub didn't work outside.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank toller08
Chattanooga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2006

We stayed here on the first night of our honeymoon as we were heading out of town. The location is excellent! Right off I-285, but in a very quiet, nice section of town. We stayed in a king suite and were pleasantly surprised at how big and how clean it was. It was not a romantic setting but we were just looking for a quiet, comfortable night and that is what we got. The sheets were the softest & most comfortable I had ever slept on. The hotel was very quiet and no one disturbed us. I would highly recommend La Quinta for business travelers - free high-speed internet, plentiful continental breakfast and a business center with copier/fax downstairs.

The only complaint I have is that the phone would not deliver a message though the light kept flashing - and we are glad we asked about it the next morning because someone in our wedding party had dropped off something we forgot! Fortunately, the front desk attendant was on top of things and remembered that there was a gift waiting for us.

Stayed April 2006
2 Thank highlandwanderer
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2005

Almost every vendor visiting The Home Depot Support Center stays at this hotel. Its a good value, and is convienent, however the quality is slipping. Its clean, easy and thats all there is to say about this hotel. I wish some other chains would build a newer hotel nearby...

• Stayed September 2005, travelled on business