“Nice stay for a reasonable price but needs some repairs.”

Motel 6 Atlanta, GA - Stadium SE
Ranked #155 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Nashville, Tennessee
“Nice stay for a reasonable price but needs some repairs.”
Reviewed 26 March 2011

We stopped in Atlanta for a night on our way back from Daytona Beach. We stopped to eat at The Cheesecake Factory. We drove around checking rates on rooms and came to Comfort Suites off Interstate 75. This place was kind of tucked in behind some restaurants. We stopped in and was quoted a rate of 89.00 for a Friday night in a room with 2 queen beds. We thought that was resonable so we took the room. The hotel looked very clean. It needed some minor repairs and some updates but overall a decent place to stay for one night. The room was very clean and well decorated. It came with a small kitchenette. Everything was nice except the air conditioning was not working. We set it to 65 to get it to come on. It came on for just a few seconds and then cut right back off. The room felt about 75. All night it cut on for a few seconds and then back off. So everything was great except our room was stuffy all night. Other than that I would stay there again. Oh and only 1 coke machine in the whole place and it was sold out of everything. Had to end up driving up the road to get something to drink. The main door needed some repairs also. Handle was about to some off. If they would put a little work into it, it would be a nice place.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2010

Booked this stay with extended family including small children and seniors. booked two rooms in advance for three days. picked this hotel based on the Comfort Inn brand. Big mistake. The entire hotel was in disrepair. I won't describe every object that was broken from the entrance door handle, to burned out lights in the halls to holes in hotel room doors but focus on the fact that the entire second and third floor had absolutely no working A/C in the hallway. It was 100 degrees in the interior of the hotel. (of course first floor and lobby had A/C)The third floor reeked of sewage. Both of our rooms were on this floor. After settling in we asked for one room to be changed because of the strong smell in the room. The manager/owner admitted to a sewer problem on that floor but only moved us across the hall which did nothing for the smell. the rooms were the equivalent of a basic hotel room crammed full of mismatched and worn furniture and an oversized fridge to "make a suite". There was nothing redeeming about the room. Suffice to say the entire family was severly disappointed with the accomodations. We found out after a few hours that the hotel room a/c never lowered to a comfortable temperature and shut on and off every ten minutes. The response from management is that you cant lower A/C to the lowest setting and the on/off that is how it operated. Made no sense since the hallway was hundred degrees the room never got lower than 80 degrees at night . Beside not being cool it was impossible for anyone sleep with the constant on and off of the unit.. At 2:00a.m we requested to move to another room. they showed us two others (on the same HOT floor) but each room had either a rattling airconditioner, or stunk of sewage. fNo point in moving. At that point we decided to checkout in the a.m/ spent most of the middle of the night looking for another hotel. The Comfort Suites Free breakfast was a joke it was non existent - instant eggs, watery O.J. and store bought items. when small children wont eat it you know its bad. We saw no one else even enter the eating area. Also The manager/owner used the main lobby as a living room and made it impossible for you to leave your hot room to sit in the a/c lobby unless you wanted to watch television with their family. Very unprofessional. We were so disgusted we didnt even venture into the pool area. Overall it appeared to be a family run operation that was cutting all cost to stay open, had deferred maintanence in the entire faciltiy, stingy with any basic necessities,dirty facility, no housekeeping staff, just family members doing all the duties. Definetly not a Choice brand and will follow up with a letter to corporate to gain a refund. In the end we checked out the first thing in the a.m and booked two suites at Sheraton Suites a few blocks away. the difference in quality and envirnoment was astonishing and the fact that we paid the SAME per night than the Comfort Suites was hard to believe. I would sleep in a car at a rest area before i would return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank jbeas11
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 16 November 2009

As a choice hotel member, I was searcing for a hotel 20min from the Atl area. My son and I were in town for his swim meet. Someone had suggeted Cobb county as a safe and nice area, so located this hotel. I had original booked the Clarion Hotel in College Park, but soon discovered the area is highly unsafe and canceled that reservation.
At 9pm, my son and I showed up at the Comfort Suites Galleria to check it out before reserving. The clerk showed me two king suites, both with jacuzzi's, and a double. The hotel manager graciously agreed to upgrade me to the king suite w/ jacuzzi (choice membership didn't cover this). The room was a nice and clean effort to provide as close to luxury accomodations as possible. The clerk showed me a "2' and "3" person jacuzzi, but I don't see how more than 2 people could fit in either. I enjoyed the "2" person jacuzzi while my son slept, and being 5 ft7, my feet rested elevated on the wall. The jacuzzi was also louder than expected, and doing this at 6am in the morning, I was certain someone would complain. The knock at the door never came though.
The breakfast needs to be properly labeled "deluxe". They served beef sausage, egg omelettes, waffles, and the typical other items. The breakfast was delicious.
We left after one night thinking that I would explore another hotel, but after visiting 2 others that were complete nightmares (choice hotels needs to be more selective with choosing their sister hotels ). FYI, the Rodeway Inn, ATL and Comfort Inn & Suites in Vining are horrific. They are dirty, and illicit activities are carried on right outside AND inside.
We ended up back at the Galleria at 11pm the next night and the manager and staff was happy to see us. We were happy too.
The only issues were that the treadmill and cycle machine didn't work. The hotel is small but modern and spotless. A really wonderful surprise. I sometimes stay at the Westin ($$$), and couldn't help but find comparable features at a fraction of the cost.
Jodi, the manager, is a credit to the choice hotels chain. She was absolutely one of the best hotel staff members I've come in contact with over the years. I will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Skokie, Il.
Reviewed 19 November 2008

A truly wonderful stay. Clean and modern with pool and free breakfast (with homemade waffles) every morning form 7:00am to 10:00 am!
Owners Vin and Jodie on the premises are very nice and accommodating.
Has laundry room for guest and free computer hook-up and access.
Unbeatable price too!!!!
You will be most happy and its 100% smoke free.

• Liked — Extra clean great service and free breakfast
  • Disliked — cant think of a thing
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Dukeofehr
Iowa
Reviewed 13 November 2008

I travel 100% for my job, so I live in hotels. I booked this hotel at last minute because we were rerouted. We arrived around 8 p.m. to check in and it took over 30 minutes for us to get checked into our rooms. The front desk clerk had to call customer service, etc. We had already booked the hotel and they had our credit card info and everything, yet it still took over 30 minutes. Then to find out as I entered my room it was occupied!! Embarrassing and had to go through the whole front desk hassle yet again. After finally getting checked in to the right room, I was very disappointed yet again. The room was filthy. Looked as if the carpets had never been vacuumed and the bathroom floor was filled with hair and even a lost earring. Terrible. The beds were comfortable though, but still could not sleep well because I felt as if the linens were dirty like the rest of the room. I tried out the breakfast the next morning, another disappointment. I don't think anyone staying in the hotel ate it. Same food sat out the whole time and the breakfast area was not welcoming at all. Gross. To top the whole stay off I did not receive housekeeping service ever throughout my 3 night stay! DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank jmebagen
nicholls, georgia
Reviewed 24 October 2008

had a class at office park across the street. Motel easy to get in and out of. Convenient to everything we needed. Lobby and rooms were very clean and always lots of towels in rooms.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
mt pleasant, tx
Reviewed 16 October 2008

I have never treated by a hotel staff so horribly. The lady at the desk, who said she was GM, was very rude to me and my husband. She was very unprofessional to another person on the telephone, we heard as we walked through the next morning. She was telling them that she did not have to give her name, they were not her mother or her president. The whole lobby could hear this. When we checked in, she would not smile, when I asked a question, she responded that I was silly. I could not believe that anyone would talk to someone this way. I asked a housekeeper, who this lady was, they said she was the GM. I was horrified. I could not believe that any one with customer service skills would act this way. I find it hard for Choice to let her act this way. We would have left, but she said, I charge you anyway, even though our cancel time was not up. She kept saying you here, you will take room. We took the room, just so I would not have to deal with trying to get the funds back. .Do not stay here, it is horrible. The rooms were dirty. There were stains on the sheets, and the pillow cases had not been changed, which she argued with us about saying they were stained. Please stay away so you can be happy.

• Liked — Nothing, stay away
  • Disliked — The GM, she was horrible.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank techschool
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Smyrna
Days Inn Atlanta Marietta Galleria
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy
Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Cumberland Mall
Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/Windy Hill

Been to Motel 6 Atlanta, GA - Stadium SE? Share your experiences!