“my stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #153 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
North Carolina
“my stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

excellent, quiet, large rooms, home away from home, near excellent restaurant/easy access to expressway, courteous staff, clean rooms, would and have recommended to others.

Room Tip: large rooms and very quiet
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank pgf064

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Grovetown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

I had no problem at all with this facility. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, everything worked, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast and coffee was good. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank William C
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

First of all the staff was friendly, but the hotel needs some MAJOR rennovations. I should have known when you could not see the numbers on the elevator that i should have left then. The only number that lit up on the elevator was the number 3 and there were 1-4 floors. The main issue i had was the A/C. It would stay on for about 10 minutes and then cut off for about an hour or so. When i called downstairs they acted surprised, but come to find out the previous reviews say that and everybody else was saying the same about their room. Please believe the review about the family sitting downstairs in the lobby being cool while your burning up!!! I woke up at 2:30 am and could not go back to sleep bc it was so hot. Then that night my daughter cut her hand on worn out spring on the mattress. They offfered to give us another room, and then they did not have proper first aid materials to stop the bleeding. The cut was not to bad but they tried to accomodate us by giving us another mattress same worn out springs. That was enough!!! We left....will not stay there ever again.....i could have been nasty and filed a lawsuit but i just left....nice looking walking in but just wait til you get upstairs.l

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ksultono
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

I had meetings in the area and this is in a great location. Great dining close and lots to do. Rooms were clean and the staff were great.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

We stopped in Atlanta for a night on our way back from Daytona Beach. We stopped to eat at The Cheesecake Factory. We drove around checking rates on rooms and came to Comfort Suites off Interstate 75. This place was kind of tucked in behind some restaurants. We stopped in and was quoted a rate of 89.00 for a Friday night in a room with 2 queen beds. We thought that was resonable so we took the room. The hotel looked very clean. It needed some minor repairs and some updates but overall a decent place to stay for one night. The room was very clean and well decorated. It came with a small kitchenette. Everything was nice except the air conditioning was not working. We set it to 65 to get it to come on. It came on for just a few seconds and then cut right back off. The room felt about 75. All night it cut on for a few seconds and then back off. So everything was great except our room was stuffy all night. Other than that I would stay there again. Oh and only 1 coke machine in the whole place and it was sold out of everything. Had to end up driving up the road to get something to drink. The main door needed some repairs also. Handle was about to some off. If they would put a little work into it, it would be a nice place.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2010

Booked this stay with extended family including small children and seniors. booked two rooms in advance for three days. picked this hotel based on the Comfort Inn brand. Big mistake. The entire hotel was in disrepair. I won't describe every object that was broken from the entrance door handle, to burned out lights in the halls to holes in hotel room doors but focus on the fact that the entire second and third floor had absolutely no working A/C in the hallway. It was 100 degrees in the interior of the hotel. (of course first floor and lobby had A/C)The third floor reeked of sewage. Both of our rooms were on this floor. After settling in we asked for one room to be changed because of the strong smell in the room. The manager/owner admitted to a sewer problem on that floor but only moved us across the hall which did nothing for the smell. the rooms were the equivalent of a basic hotel room crammed full of mismatched and worn furniture and an oversized fridge to "make a suite". There was nothing redeeming about the room. Suffice to say the entire family was severly disappointed with the accomodations. We found out after a few hours that the hotel room a/c never lowered to a comfortable temperature and shut on and off every ten minutes. The response from management is that you cant lower A/C to the lowest setting and the on/off that is how it operated. Made no sense since the hallway was hundred degrees the room never got lower than 80 degrees at night . Beside not being cool it was impossible for anyone sleep with the constant on and off of the unit.. At 2:00a.m we requested to move to another room. they showed us two others (on the same HOT floor) but each room had either a rattling airconditioner, or stunk of sewage. fNo point in moving. At that point we decided to checkout in the a.m/ spent most of the middle of the night looking for another hotel. The Comfort Suites Free breakfast was a joke it was non existent - instant eggs, watery O.J. and store bought items. when small children wont eat it you know its bad. We saw no one else even enter the eating area. Also The manager/owner used the main lobby as a living room and made it impossible for you to leave your hot room to sit in the a/c lobby unless you wanted to watch television with their family. Very unprofessional. We were so disgusted we didnt even venture into the pool area. Overall it appeared to be a family run operation that was cutting all cost to stay open, had deferred maintanence in the entire faciltiy, stingy with any basic necessities,dirty facility, no housekeeping staff, just family members doing all the duties. Definetly not a Choice brand and will follow up with a letter to corporate to gain a refund. In the end we checked out the first thing in the a.m and booked two suites at Sheraton Suites a few blocks away. the difference in quality and envirnoment was astonishing and the fact that we paid the SAME per night than the Comfort Suites was hard to believe. I would sleep in a car at a rest area before i would return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank jbeas11
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2009

As a choice hotel member, I was searcing for a hotel 20min from the Atl area. My son and I were in town for his swim meet. Someone had suggeted Cobb county as a safe and nice area, so located this hotel. I had original booked the Clarion Hotel in College Park, but soon discovered the area is highly unsafe and canceled that reservation.
At 9pm, my son and I showed up at the Comfort Suites Galleria to check it out before reserving. The clerk showed me two king suites, both with jacuzzi's, and a double. The hotel manager graciously agreed to upgrade me to the king suite w/ jacuzzi (choice membership didn't cover this). The room was a nice and clean effort to provide as close to luxury accomodations as possible. The clerk showed me a "2' and "3" person jacuzzi, but I don't see how more than 2 people could fit in either. I enjoyed the "2" person jacuzzi while my son slept, and being 5 ft7, my feet rested elevated on the wall. The jacuzzi was also louder than expected, and doing this at 6am in the morning, I was certain someone would complain. The knock at the door never came though.
The breakfast needs to be properly labeled "deluxe". They served beef sausage, egg omelettes, waffles, and the typical other items. The breakfast was delicious.
We left after one night thinking that I would explore another hotel, but after visiting 2 others that were complete nightmares (choice hotels needs to be more selective with choosing their sister hotels ). FYI, the Rodeway Inn, ATL and Comfort Inn & Suites in Vining are horrific. They are dirty, and illicit activities are carried on right outside AND inside.
We ended up back at the Galleria at 11pm the next night and the manager and staff was happy to see us. We were happy too.
The only issues were that the treadmill and cycle machine didn't work. The hotel is small but modern and spotless. A really wonderful surprise. I sometimes stay at the Westin ($$$), and couldn't help but find comparable features at a fraction of the cost.
Jodi, the manager, is a credit to the choice hotels chain. She was absolutely one of the best hotel staff members I've come in contact with over the years. I will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Days Inn Atlanta Marietta Galleria
Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy
Red Roof Inn Atlanta -Six Flags
Quality Inn Northeast
Quality Inn Northeast
#140 of 172 in Atlanta
Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Smyrna

Been to Motel 6 Atlanta, GA - Stadium SE? Share your experiences!