“Very good for the value...”

Hampton Inn Atlanta - Cumberland Mall / NW
Ranked #34 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 26 April 2010

I would consider most Hampton Inns a 2-3 star on a 5-star rating; this one falls right where it should, on the upside of the 3-ish star rating.

Most Hampton Inns I have stayed in fall into the acceptable-for-the-dollar category. I will say that with over 11 stays in 2010 already, I choose Hampton's frequently as I can depend on the overall quality, cleanliness, the staff is almost always agreeable if not exceptional, and the free breakfast and free wireless internet add to it’s overall value.

This location is one of my return-visit locations. It is excellently located just outside of the metro-Atlanta area and offers me good access to a number of ATL areas when I am visiting. I lived in ATL for 15 years, and this location, Kennesaw, and Alpharetta are the 3 I usually go between (depending on my business meetings). This Atlanta-Cumberland location (actually on the edge of Smyrna) does have a bit of highway noise if this is a particular issue for you as it sits RIGHT on the 285 'perimeter loop' (never bothered me, but it's worth mentioning). There is another Hampton Inn on Circle 75 Parkway less than a mile away and I would, hands-down, choose this one over the other (I was satisfied with the other, but under-impressed, complacent staff, and this one is cleaner)!

The best is that it is affordable, but I appreciate the overall cleanliness of the rooms most. It is not a Hilton, and could always use a bit more cleaning ‘detail’ work here and there, but overall a good choice. The staff here has ALWAYS been exceptional!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank hodels

Reviewed 20 January 2010

Did not have a choice in hotels due to someone else making the plans and was a little hesitant in staying here. Would not hesitate in the future.
Getting to the hotel off the outer belt is somewhat awkward. It is just a minute from the mall and many fine chain-type places to eat.
The room was very clean. The bathroom was set up nice. Found the bed to be comfortable.
Front desk was very helpful. The breakfast was average or less, but was fine for what it was.
We had to pay the "best available rate" price and it was lower than would have expected even for a Saturday night.
Would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2009

This hampton did not let me down. Very clean room, all the amenities I come to expect. Good variety for Breakfast. Just down the street from mall. Very safe area around hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2009

I stayed at this property as it was somewhat cheaper than the venue of the conference I was attending. You typically know what you are going to get with Hampton Inns and this was no exception.

The hotel was a little tricky to find for someone from out of town, not helped by the presence of another Hampton close by. The mall and other hotels nearby are not really walkable from this Hampton - hence the slightly lower score for location.

The room was a standard Hampton Room, with the only surprise being a shower and no tub in the bathroom. The breakfast was standard Hampton fare and both the room and communal areas were clean and well kept. The staff were friendly and polite.

Hamptons are generally a good bet for a cost effective business trip. I like creature comforts but like most, when budgets are stretched, I seek out the value deals. I many not always stay in Hamptons, but they are always on the radar.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2009

We travel fairly often with my child's sport team. We use the Hampton Inn whnever we can. This Hampton Inn was very nice. It was clean and well staffed with friendly people. The gentlemen at the desk on all shifts were smiling and offered tips to see the area. I never passed a housekeeper that did not say hello. The breakfast was warm and more extensive than most Hampton Inns. There was some road noise from the nearby interstate, but that was to be expected when so close to the highway. We went across the street to the Cumberland Mall to eat dinner in the food court. The Hampton Inn even offered us the shuttle to keep from moving our car. We were 10 miles from downtown, but it was a very easy drive back into the tourist area. We were in town to see the Georgia Aquarium and the World of Coca-Cola. The $75 AAA rate was far and above better than most of the other hotels that we checked. We will definitely be staying at this Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2009

Its a bit out the way for Atlanta center Taxi ride will cost $40 one way. The hotel is clean and the staff friendly. The room was on the road side and was a bit noisey.
There is a shopping mall close by with some good resturants. Try the Cheesecake factory

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 22 May 2008

I have had good experiences at this hotel in the past; however, the property has gone down hill. I brought a technical team to Atlanta and all but one of the confirmed non-smoking rooms reeked of tobacco. I will not put my team in this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank usbrowns
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood
13 mi away
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta - Cumberland Mall / NW? Share your experiences!