“Fairly low end for a Hampton Inn”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Atlanta
Hampton Inn Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #133 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Los Angeles, CA
“Fairly low end for a Hampton Inn”
Reviewed 25 January 2006

If you don't travel much then I suppose I can understand why you might think this hotel is not bad. For those of us who do travel often (especially within the Hilton family) this Hampton is one of the worst (out of upwards of 100 Hampton Inns I have stayed at). To start out with the corridors are external which presents safety, climate and noise issues. The condition of the room I stayed in was sub-par. Old paint, electric recepticle covers missing, not enough recepticles, unpleasant smell for a non-smoking room, and bad carpet immediately come to mind. My sinuses would immediately get inflammed and close up whenever I was in the room which is strange since that has only happened to me in a couple of hotel rooms I have been in before. When that happens it always means that there is some sort of unhealthly air present in the room. The elevator on the side where I stayed felt _very_ unsafe when it gets to the 6th floor. They also didn't slip a folio under my door on day of checkout. I also did not get my newspaper on the first morning I stayed. I was very dissapointed with this property and I don't think it is up to Hampton Inn standards. This place is only as good as the typical obscure interstate chains are. Free breakfast, shampoos and all of that are a given just about anywhere these days so those amenities really don't count. Mangement and ownership really needs to get their act together on this property. I wouldn't be suprised if Hilton pulled the franchise on this one within a couple of years unless there are some major changes made.

• Stayed January 2006, travelled on business
4 Thank cim303

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Columbia, SC
Reviewed 1 January 2006

I've always liked staying at Hampton Inns because they're very comfortable, quiet and clean. This is the first one I've seen that is more a "motel" style with exterior room doors. There was alot of traffic noise and apparently the walls are very thin. I was kept up until 4am with noise and music from antother room. I called security three times before the problem was taken care of. They took that night off my bill. The cleanliness of the room was good but it could have used some updating. It seemed old and for a non-smoking room it smelled. The location is very convenient and the breakfast is very good, but overall I was not impressed.

• Stayed December 2005
3 Thank redhead68

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Bristol
Reviewed 22 December 2005

Great location & not far from Downtown. Glad we didn't stay Downtown after going there. Great customer service, good breakfast, clean & tidy room & overall a good stay.

• Stayed November 2005
2 Thank poppy399
Alabama
Reviewed 5 August 2005

This is a good place to stay. Would definately stay here again if I was in the area. Nice room, free parking, GREAT free breakfast.

• Stayed August 2005
5 Thank ccarr3
Taipei,Taiwan
Reviewed 25 May 2005

I stayed in this hotel for five days for APA annual meeting since 20 May,2005.I was so impressed about the convinent facilities including free high speed wireless, high quality shamppo, hair condition, coffee mechine inside room ..etc.And also I felt like at home by staff friendly attitude and efficiently servie.The location is also good (MARTA is 2 blocks away).One thing I should emphasie that the FREE breakfast buffee was also very very good (fruit,coffee, juice, scorn , muffine,bread, bagel..etc) .My conclusion :
good price, good place to stay, good location, feel like home

• Stayed May 2005, travelled on business
4 Thank sophie_Jazzy
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 April 2005

Great Hotel right in Midtown, very accessible to MARTA station (only 2 blocks away). Room was large and very clean with all the amenities you would expect. The free breakfast buffet was unlike anything I had ever seen in a hotel of that price - eggs, sausage, ham, grits, cereal, muffins, bagels, pastries. fresh fruit. You name it!! It was a great experience on my first trip to Atlanta.

• Stayed April 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 April 2005

After getting out of the last hotel. (Can I say it was the Best Western Granada Suites), this place is was an oasis in the desert. The hotel staff were so friendly. They made every attempt to get me and my wife into our room with as little hassle as possible. In fact after hearing our story about the other hotel they upgraded us free of charge to a suite that was absolutely gigantic.

Room was very clean if a little aged. No bed bugs here. Had a bathroom bigger than the entire room at the other hotel. Unfortunetely we had only two nights to enjoy this room as they had it reserved after that point. They were able to accomodate us in another room that while not as big still had the King sized bed that we so desired.

While traversing the lobby on the first day we were greated by what was undoubtedly the friendliest Atlantan that I met on my whole trip. The manager. They were having what they called the manager's reception, and after feeding us sandwiches and cookies we were entered into a draw for a prize. Later that day we recieved an oreo cookie collectable tin and a coupon for a free nights stay on our next trip. They were kind enough to let us use this coupon on our last night which was appreciated given that I did not see myself travelling back to Atlanta any time in the forseeable future.

Location is great, it is only a couple of blocks from Georgia Tech, which is why I was in Atlanta in the first place and is close to a number of great restaurants and obviously downtown. There is a MARTA station very near by.

If I have to say anything negative it is about the; as the receptionist put it, "Atlantas best brunch". The food was cold and not restocked often enough given the number of people that were partaking in it. However the coffee was excellent. I would not hold this against the hotel at all.

One final item to note is that the parking is above ground. It is free and the parking lot is freshly paved. However you are in a big city so don't leave anything of value in view in your car. The people beside us one afternoon found that out the hard way when they left their laptop on the back seat. Common sense though, and you will be alright.

To summarize, very nice hotel. Very friendly staff, nice rooms, brunch a little cold, coffee good.

Enjoy your stay