“Nice convenient hotel with friendly staff”

Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Ranked #104 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Guildford
“Nice convenient hotel with friendly staff”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a week due to visiting the US part of my company. Good convenient location, with good restaurants nearby. A good shopping centre nearby if you have a list of purchases from your wife like I did. The staff are friendly, and helpful, the courtesy transportation they offer is great, took several trips to stores in the area. I like an easy life and the hotel met my needs for my busy trip.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Stayed briefly for a business trip. The hotel is close to I75 and 285 as well as a mall and several restaurants. If you don't mind a commute to where you're going or need to be close to this area then this is a good place to stay.

It was only about a ten minute ride to Buckhead but you need to have a vehicle if you're staying this far out, to connect to Marta you'd have to walk to the bus stop (which is very close) and connect from there.

Hotel is the newer Courtyard design inside, nice pool. Overall a good stay.

Room Tip: If the hotel is full of families try and get on a different floor due to noise
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Savannah, GA
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Lobby was very attractive and our room was large (they gave us a handicapped one for some reason). There was a leak of some kind by one of the beds so the carpet stayed saturated during our entire stay. The biggest issue was paper-thin walls. Our next-door neighbors started talking, laughing and LOUDLY carrying on before dawn Sunday morning. I finally called the front desk and they said they would call them. I guess they did since the group shut up about 15 minutes later. The rooms have been updated but you can tell it's an old hotel. The fitness center is OK but when I asked for ear buds so I could listen to the TV on the treadmill I was told I'd have to use my own. The pool area is indoors and very small; the water was freezing cold. I wish there was someone to at least check in on the pool and fitness center periodically. Kids were running wild, using the equipment in wet bathing suits and bare feet and screaming. Of course, the parents were oblivious. I will find another place to stay next time. We got a good rate here because of my husband's job but it was not worth it. Beds were awful!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 13 July 2012

My husband, son and I stayed at this property, as we were in town for a family reunion. We were able to get a special rate for our 3 day stay.

We arrived late, as we were driving in from a vacation further down the coast prior to this leg of our trip. I approached the front desk, and the clerk seem to have an attitude. However, later on when my husband approached her to get general information about the area, she seemed fine.

The hotel is nice, but the rooms are small. We had a King size room. Glad they have a fridge. I did not try to the Bistro downstairs, but the times I did look in it, it seemed to have been unattended. The pool area was small, but nice. It is within walking distance to the Cumberland mall, and the hotel provides shuttle service to the Mall and other nearby shopping, etc.
Housekeeping staff seemed very nice.

A lot of teens and other groups in the hotel, and it was pretty quiet.

The hotel was ok, but in the future, we would probably stay at a hotel with more services an amenities like a Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn or Homewood Suites/Hampton Inn simply b/c it's a better set up for families.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this location while attending a training. The rooms were good- bed was comfortable for a good nights sleep. The parking on the other hand was not the best set up.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank 1pickyparent
hollywood al
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Stayed Friday night. Check in under 5 minutes. Room was comfortable and clean, staff was great. Will stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
North Carolina
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I usually stay at Hilton Garden Inns but co-worked booked this Courtyard. I thought it was pretty tired, especially the gym. Room was so-so, pretty small. Prefer more of a full service type restaurant for breakfast, not the counter type service. Not much of a lounge. I would not stay here again if I had the choice.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Cumberland Mall / NW
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria? Share your experiences!