“Not like it used to be!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Ranked #55 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Carrollton, Georgia, United States
“Not like it used to be!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Had dirty hand towels hanging in the bathroom, room had not been dusted in a very long time, black stuff growing in cracks at bottom of shower. Definitely not what the hotel used to be at all. Very disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Debbie W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay and we apologize to hear your stay didn’t meet your standards. Your comments have been shared with our management team and will be addressed. If you’re back in the area, we’d love the opportunity to have you stay with us again. Thank you for considering and we appreciate your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Nashville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

Hotel had a good rate. Front desk clerk was friendly and our room was clean and well appointed. Our suite was roomy and the view of the atrium from our suite was nice. We did not make use of the restaurant.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria Hotel. I am pleased you were happy with the rate received, we try to keep our rates at a level that will accommodate everyone. Our Front desk clerks are friendly and we appreciate you acknowledging their efforts I will be sure and share your comments with them. Our suites are indeed roomy, each one is 600 sq. ft. and some have a view of the atrium. It is a shame you were not able to enjoy our restaurant, the food is wonderful and the breakfast is a great way to start your day.

We look forward to serving you and your family the next time you are in the Cobb Galleria area.
lexington ky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

Room has no microwave, does have mini fridge. Large rooms. Room service available. Choose bed and breakfast package, so you'll have the very good full breakfast. Good location near Cobb Galleria and Cumberland Mall. They have free shuttle within 5 miles for shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Debbie W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Atlanta Galleria hotel in Atlanta! We appreciate you sharing your experience with other travelers to our area. In fact, we couldn’t have said it better! The Bed And Breakfast package is a great way to save and to start your day off right!

There’s so much to do in the area from dining to entertainment, we hear often of how our hotel guests are pleased with our proximity to Atlanta’s area attractions. We do also offer complimentary parking to help you save when visiting Atlanta! When travel brings you back to the area, we’d love the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel again. Thanks again for your time in reviewing our hotel.
Baltimore, MD
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

Bottom line up front: Don't stay here

I stayed here over Christmas, to say I was disappointed would be an understatement. Part of the reason this review is so long in coming is because I couldn't let go of my ire. The room was pretty dirty and housekeeping was doing nothing more than the minimum. It was Christmas, so I cut them some slack, and I wasn't in the room much (which actually made it worse, as they had more than ample time to ensure a quality clean), but under no circumstances would I stay there again, nor recommend it to anyone else.
I was initially impressed, I had arrived early, but my room was ready and my special request for foam pillows had been granted. I ordered breakfast the following morning, it was ok -- I knew the eggs would be a tad over-cooked (you have to order them almost raw for them to arrive in an over-easy state) -- certainly edible.
And there it stopped. That was christmas eve (Mon). When they "cleaned" my room that day (I was out) the dishes went on the floor outside my door -- where they stay until I moved them away from door late Christmas day -- moved to the alcove where the ice dispenser was, and where there was an EMPLOYEE office/supply room. The tray stayed there until THURSDAY afternoon.
When they cleaned my room, they neglected to vacuum -- not necessarily a big deal, but I know it's one of the things which is supposed to happen every day in every room. Furthermore, they actually mixed my requested foam pillows in with the six feather pillows. after stripping the cases from the 8 pillows to find the foam ones (I'm slightly allergic to the feathers), I kicked the pillows off the bed and left a note. Mind you, the pillows stayed right there on the floor until THURSDAY.
The bathroom was essentially filthy -- oh, it was surface cleaned, but the thresholds hadn't seen a sponge/cloth/brush in years -- I used a little soap and wash cloth to clean them (it had begun to annoy me). There were greasy hand-prints on the wallpaper, and the shower had mildew.
Thursday... I arrived on Sunday, I didn't ask for my room to be cleaned on Tuesday because it was Christmas and I wanted staff to be able to take it easy... Wednesday the pillows remained on the floor and the suite was still not vacuumed. Oh, and of course the dishes were still on the floor... Thursday I left at 0815.... When I came back at 2:00 the room hadn't been touched. I complained to the front desk -- I heard her talk to housekeeping telling them to clean my room. I sat in the lobby reading. At 2:45 I went up to my room... it had not been touched -- the cart was in the same place it had been since before I arrived back. I complained and left. When I came back at 6 it had been cleaned (and vacuumed, and the dishes were gone)... I was offered a free breakfast buffet as compensation - no, I don't really do buffets, and certainly wouldn't at a hotel that isn't clean. i wasn't looking for compensation, but rather a job well-done -- I can't believe I'm the first they heard of a problem.
I am not much of a complainer -- I was victim of a retaliatory housekeeper previously (not at this hotel), so I am wary of speaking out. And when I did speak out, here, it took multiple tries. The management is failing at this hotel. Rooms should be inspected regularly, I get no sense they are. There should not be room service trays in the hallways during the time housekeeping is on happening on the floor, even if it's "not my job."

Room Tip: Balcony rooms open to the atrium (inside) not to the outside (I did not realize this, or would not h...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank swim_coach61
Debbie W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Thank you for your feedback with regard to your visit in December, swim_coach61. We certainly apologize your visit didn’t meet your expectation and your feedback has been shared with our team. Please rest assured your feedback is respected and we appreciate the opportunity to correct any areas of improvement. If travel brings you to the area in the future, we’d love the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel again for an opportunity to regain your confidence. Thank you again for your time in submitting your review.
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

Only had putrid smoke smelling rooms available during my stay.
Only had rooms in a smoking floor.. maybe they should make some more rooms non-smoking if they are running out of them.
My room reeked of putrid smoke. The next day my suit and even my laptop (which I never took out of the bag, smelled like smoke). The smell lingered for the rest of my 4 day trip in the greater ATL area.
Stay away if you don't like to smell like a skunk for days.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank albe4sure
Thank you albe4sure for your review of your stay with us in January. I do apologize for the delay in responding to your review and concerns.

While we do our best in accommodating various requests, during times of limited availability and high occupancy periods there may be limitation on being able to relocate guests to another guest suite.

We appreciate you as a guest and work to best accommodate you as a guest during your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel again in the future.
Yardley, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

We traveled to Atlanta for a funeral and chose this hotel because we felt that you could not go wrong with a Hilton brand and the photos online were beautiful. Well to our surprise, the hotel needs a makeover. It has a horrible pint job and looks like they are not putting in the money to keep the hotel up to par. The room was old too with holes in the lampshades and the tub is so 1970's with stains and mold. The day of the funeral we were gone all day only to come back to a room that had not been serviced. Just an awful experience. When visiting Atlanta again, we won't be staying there.

• Stayed January 2013
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

My husband I went down to for his twenty second birthday. That might have been our first mistake. But on the website it said nothing about us having to be over the age of 25 anywhere on the site. If I had known that I wouldn't have prepayed for our reservations. When they got there at 3:00 the desk manger was hard to work with. she canceled our reservations and said it would get our refund as soon as our bank would allow it (by the way that was the next day) leaving us stranded in Atlanta with out a place to say. Then there where two young men behind us who where 23, and they were not turned away. Because of this I will never being staying at another doubletree again.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple