DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Ranked #53 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
NC
“Love!”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I loved everything about my stay here. Quick 1-Night Trip. Single Suite.

VERY spacious room and suite. Separate bedroom areas with double doors which can serve as separator for the rooms and/or additional privacy. Corner bath adjacent to both bedroom side and suite side with entry points from both end.

The layout is perfect for families, traveling mates that may want to cut cost and just go with a single vs double room, and/or travelers who may be expecting a few guests in the room <and are peculiar like me and may not really want them all in your personal space -- cheers!>

Work station in suite area. Also Mini-Bar with small fridge, sink and plenty of counter space.

Large vanity area in bath. And! Wait for it – Jacuzzi Tub. Whoop Whoop!!!

Plenty of drawer and storage space. Closets in both bedroom and suite area. Swivel flat screen TV also in both area.

Outlets on the lamps on the nightstands. I’m a gadget geek so that always wins me over. And my all time Eco-Friendly favorite- Separate Recycle Bins and Trash Cans!!! For those that have been following my reviews know that in-room recycle bins is my worldwide wish for all hotels.

Didn’t make it to the fitness center this go around <no judgment>

And I really like that the hotel/brand seems very service oriented. Various notes around the room asking for customer feedback, including a nice little comment card calls “Parting Thoughts” <nice touch>. And of course, warm cookies upon arrival will NEVER go out of style.

I had an inside room with balcony over terrace. For the inside rooms, you will be able to hear the activity that is taking place in the lobby atrium, ie during brunch and special events/receptions. Wasn’t a big deal for me but wanted to point out for those that are a little more sensitive to noise. Also, with the internal rooms, there is minimal to no window light which again wasn’t really a big deal - of course until I was trying to pull myself out of bed in the morning ☺. Oh, did I mention the bed was super comfy.

Fantastic stay. Can’t wait to come up with an excuse to come back!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Debbie W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear, Late_bloomer09

WOW, what an amazing review of the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria. I cannot tell you how pleased I am you were so happy with your stay. It is guests like you that makes our jobs easier and so fullfilling.

When you return you really need to check out the fitness center, you will get a good workout. I do hope you are able to return soon and will be more than happy to assist you with a future reservations. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel. Have a great summer!

Yours in hospitality

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I stayed here for a friends birthday.. We drove over 900 miles to Atlanta to stay at this hotel. At checkin (around 9pm we arrived, tired) we arrive and were told we couldnt check-in. I have worked in this industry for over 7 years and I knew the agent was new because of the way he acted. He was rude, had a NASTY ATTITUDE, gave me the run around to get checked in, also he LIED stating his managers manager called my hotel, stating we couldnt arrive without proper documentation (which wasnt true, the phone reports were checked), everything was faxed from my home location so they can verify I work for the company, I also had paystubs etc..!! We had to wait over a hour just to check in. Then when we FINIALLY get checked in, the room type was wrong. We were late to the event that night, frustrated, tired, and hungy. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN, he made it sooo hard for employee to check in, and thought I was lying..smh ..it was TERRIBLE..

Housekeeping and the night auditor were the best during our stay!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank t v
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed 19 March 2013

The staff here was very attentive, the young lady who hosted the breakfast buffett was exceptionally good. They were having some internal computer issues, and we couldn't put her tip on our bill, and we had no cash, so we withdrew some from the atm to make sure she was tipped. We NEVER use an atm except at our bank, hate to pay those 2-3 dollar extra fees (principle of the thing for us!) but in this case, she was so exceptionally attentive that it was worth it. Cookies, as always, are divine. I highly recommend this hotel!

1 Thank Jan W
Debbie W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Dear guests,

WOW, what a wonderful review you gave our DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria. It is so great to hear good comments on our staff as we strive for excellent guest service. Our hot breakfast buffet it is a great way to start you day especially since it is the most important meal of the day.

Yes, our cookies are devine, warm and yummy! We do hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you to the Cobb Galleria Area and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I loved my stay at Double Tree Suites and would recommend to anyone. The staff was very professional and went the extra mile to make me feel at home. I would definitely stay here again when in Atlanta.

Room Tip: Corner suites are quiet and spacious.
1 Thank Latisha_Gholar
As a valued guest I would like to thank you for your very kind review of the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria. It is rewarding to hear from our guests that we are doing it the right way, it is all about making our guest happy, comfortable and satisfied. Of course our signature warm chocolate chip cookie at check in helps too.

Our goal is to always go the extra mile for our guests and make them feel at home. Our suites are large and roomy with 600 sq, ft, each to make your stay comfortable. I hope you were able to experience our wonderful signature Wake Up Breakfast it is a great way to start your day.

We look forward to your next visit when you return to the Cobb Galleria area and will be here to assist in any way possible.

Suches, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2013

A great staff, offered shuttle for our dinner plans, which helped because we were not familiar with the area and it was pouring rain. We were given warm cookies upon check-in although I am celiac and can't eat them. (this review has to be 200 words, which is probably not going to be in their favor) We actually like this hotel very much, although our clocks had not been 'sprung forward' and was impossible to do ourselves. There was a carton of condoms in one of the dresser drawers. Eek.

Dear guest,

I truly appreciate your review both the good and bad. I am pleased you enjoyed the comfortable bed and even if you couldn't eat the cookie you were pleased with the gesture. Our shuttle is available to transport our guest anywhere within a 3 mile radius of the hotel and I am glad you had the opportunity to have our shuttle take you where you wanted to go and hopefully you did not get wet.

I apologize the clock had not been set back and have brought this to the attention of our engineering department and housekeeping department. They will make sure all the clocks have been changed to the correct time. Now for your issue with the carton found in the dresser drawer I sincerely apologize and this has been discussed with our executive housekeeper and rooms division manager. I would like to know if you brought it to the front desk agent's attention and check into that as well. Reason being, whenever a guest has an issue the front desk agent is to report the issue to management and if management is not available take care of the issue themselves. Again, please accept my sincere apology.

Please feel free to contact me (Debbie) at the hotel the next time you will be in the area and I will personally make your next reservation and check your suite to make sure it is what you and all our guest come to expect from a Hilton Family Brand hotel.

Your in Hospitality,
Bourbonnais, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Overall good room quality, but not great value for the cost. Paid $200/night because it was close to the office, but next time will stay further out. I had a very poor food/ bar experience. Sat at a table in the bar area for more than 30 minutes, was not greeted or acknowledged. Attempted to get the attention of the bartender, no luck. Ended up going to a different restaurant for dinner.

Will not stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Debbie W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria and please accept my sincere apology. The lack of service you stated is not something we take lightly and will be addressed with our Food & Beverage manager.

Again, I apologize and ask what I can do for you. I do hope the next time you are in the area you give us another try. I will personally do my best to make your next stay the kind of stay you have come to expect from Hilton. When you need to make your next reservation please call the hotel directly and ask for Debbie, I will make sure your stay is above expectations and give you a good rate.

Debbie Wells
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel during our trip to Atlanta. We were traveling with three small boys. This hotel was perfect ! The hotel was quiet and clean. The best place to return to after a long day of play. There was plenty of space and the staff was wonderful. They were very accomdating and friendly. Brandon always greeted us upon return from our daily outing and asked if we needed any help. Marlana was very polite and friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Supermom96
To our valued guest,

Your review of our DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria hotel is most kind. I am so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay. Our two room suites have plenty of room for a family to spread out and relax at the same time, especially after a long day of play. Our hotel is conveniently located to just about any activity in Atlanta. I hope you all were able to experience our wonderful signature Wake Up Breakfast and of course our signature warm chocolate chip cookies at check in.

We are proud of all our team members but especially so when they are singled out just as you did with Brandon and Marlana. They both show a strong professional attitude, willingness to help, smiling friendly faces and the desire to assist our guest as much as possible. Thank you so much for letting us know, I will be sharing this with them as well as the entire team at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Atlanta Galleria.

We look forward to your return visit when you travel back to the Cobb Galleria area.

Yous in Hospitality,
Debbie W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria? Share your experiences!