DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Ranked #48 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Griffin, United States
“Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Large, spacious suites perfect for a couple's in-town getaway. Romance her for a night away from the stress of everyday life. Close to midtown theatres, clubs, etc for an evening of fine dining & entertainment.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Debbie W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Good afternoon, George C

Thank you for your very kind review of the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria hotel. I am so pleased you enjoyed your “Weekend Getaway” in our large, spacious 600 sq. ft. suites.

You are so correct they are perfect for a couple's in-town getaway and an out of town getaway too. Our suites with the jacuzzi tubs are a wonderful addition to that romantic night with her away from all the stress of everyday life. We are a short drive to downtown, midtown theatres, clubs, etc and we are only 1/4 mile from many restaurants that feature fine dining & we are close to entertainment too.

Again, thank you for your review we know you have many hotels to choose from in the area. We are pleased you selected us and we welcome the opportunity to host you again when you wish to return.

Yours in hospitality,
Debbie W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
canal winchester, United States
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This hotel is good for business meetings, i did not have the pleasure of using the additions. perhaps next time. the only issue i cam across was the time the bar closed down, especially since we were having a business meeting

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Debbie W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Good day, Juanita S,

Thank you for your review of the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria. We realize you have many choices on a hotel in the Cobb Galleria area and we truly appreciate you selecting us for your stay. The Edge bar is open until 11:00PM each day so if it closed earlier please let me know so I may address this issue with our Food & Beverage manager.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope when you return to the Cobb Galleria area you will once again select the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria for your stay. Please feel free to contact me if I may be of assistance in the future.
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I was there on a weekend so there was a different clientele compared to the business week. I found my stay to be pleasant. The room was great...but I do agree walls are a bit thin. I could hear raucous laughter from next door on the second night. Staff is awesome, especially the bartender. She provided great service and was friendly but not intrusive. This place is a gem, but it is not near the mall like I thought.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Hello, Tampann

The DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria is proud of our associates and when a guest has a great comment such as yours we share it with every member of our staff, so thank you for your kind comments.
While our hotel is not right next door to the mall, we are only 1/4 mile from Cumberland Mall and we provide complimentary shuttle to and from. Your additional concerns will be shared with our chief engineer and general manager.
I do hope we will have the opportunity to have you as our guest when your travels bring you back to the Cobb Galleria area.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Check in was fast. Staff very friendly and helpful. Hotel is showing its age. Needs serious updating. In my suite, the bed was very comfortable. 2 HD TV's with a decent amount of popular channels. A few channels were actually in HD. Room needs updating. I felt like I was back in the 60's. I liked the large desk. Fridge and wet bar with a Wolfgang Puck coffee maker. NO microwave. Internet signal was strong but the speed was not fast at all. I didn't hear any noise from the atrium or adjacent rooms. The hotel inside and out is well maintained. Breakfast buffet has all the standard hot & cold items. You can walk to many stores and restaurants including Walgreens, Starbucks, Steak N Shake, KFC, Taco Bell, etc. Galleria Mall isn't far. The hotel provides a shuttle service within 3 miles of the hotel and when your finished, they will pick you up. I took advantage of this several times. There were a couple of times that I waited over an hour because of miscommunication. The van driver expects a small tip. Overall, this hotel is 3.5 stars. Its not the Ritz but is isn't a budget motel either. The price I Paid through Hotels.com was excellent. Alot of value for a small amount of money.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Debbie W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Novembercub Thank you kindly for your recent stay and recent review or our hotel in Atlanta, Georgia. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hear often from our hotel guests of how they are best able to utilize the additional space our suites provide. Your feedback has been shared with our team and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again when you’re visiting Atlanta in the future. Keep in mind, we have our Best Rates available on our Website and encourage you to book directly on our site for great savings and unique offers. We appreciate you as a guest and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Weston, Florida
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I just came back from another business trip to the Atlanta area. On my way home, I thought about why I choose this Hotel again and again as my business home in Atlanta. More than anything it has to be the exceptional people that work at this property. I mean everyone who works there. Everyone is friendly and makes me feel like I'm a valued guest. I guess it's the same reason that differentiates most great companies in today's very competitive marketplace especially in the Hotel/Hospitality business. They know how to consistently provide a great experience and you can tell from everyone you deal with that they truly enjoy what they do. There is nothing phony about it. They are genuine. This is on top of the facts that the rooms I stay in are large enough for you to be able to unwind and relax in. The bedding is great. The property is well maintained and the rooms are clean and inviting every time. And if that wasn't enough, I ordered from room service last night and the chicken sandwich I had was delicious and they charged a fair price. The breakfast buffet in the morning is also consistently good. But most of all it's the people who work at this property. Every time I leave to start my day I feel positive and energized. It is also in a great location that is quiet and close to the Galleria Mall which has a Maggiano's and P.F. Chang's as well as an F20 for a fast fresh dining experience. If you are looking for a business property to stay at, I can't recommend it enough.

Room Tip: Try and get a King Jr. Suite if you can
Good day, MichaelE777
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Galleria, Atlanta GA! We appreciate you sharing your experience with other travelers to our area. In fact, we couldn’t have said it better! From the Bedding, room service and Breakfast it is a great way to start your day off right and to close your day in comfort! There’s so much to do in the area from dining to entertainment, we hear often of how our hotel guests are pleased with our proximity to Atlanta’s area attractions. We do also offer complimentary parking to help you save when visiting Atlanta! We are so very pleased you select us as your home away from home and we look forward to serving you again. Thanks again for your time in reviewing our hotel.
Lake Mary, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Hotel was very nice, however you could hear noise from other rooms at night which was not great for me as I needed to attend meeting in the morning, stayed due to business trip. Otherwise, everything else was good.

Dear Cheryl W,

Thank you for your review of the DoubleTree Suite by Hilton Atlanta Galleria in Atlanta, GA. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience with other travelers and with us. I have shared your concerns with our staff and do apologize for any noise that distrubed you during your stay.

As an Atrium hotel noise does tend to travel, so if I may suggest on your next visit you ask for a suite on the 7th or 8th floor, 714, 716, 718 or 814,816 or 818. These suites are further from the main section of the atrium and I think you would find they will work well for your rest.

Again, thank you for your review and for staying with us. We do hope when your travels bring you to the Atlanta Galleria area you will once again select the DoubleTree Suites. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel if I may be of assistance.
Raleigh, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Room could have been better. Bedroom door did not open completely, knob kept coming off the bathroom door, Sofa was very dirty, no one cleaned the room the first day. No microwave, anytime the person next door showered it would wake me up, the televisions remote would turn on both televisions at once. The staff was great...

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear, Joseph W

First let me thank you for your response. Second, thank you for your recent stay with us. We apologize we didn’t meet your expectation during your stay with guestroom refreshing, bedroom door not closing and bathroom door knob. Your comments have been escalated to our housekeeping department and engineering department to ensure future guests do not experience comparable issues. Thank you again for your time in providing feedback for our hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria? Share your experiences!