We stayed at the Fairfield in Vinings, this past Friday and Saturday nights using Marriott points. Hubby and I were going to Six Flags over Georgia on Saturday for my company's picnic, so we made it a weekend in Atlanta. A hotel near the theme park was what we were looking for, and the Fairfield in Vinings was only about 10 minutes away. It was not a weekend at the Ritz-Carlton, just very basic, even compared to other Fairfield Inns we've stayed at previously.
When we arrived, i noticed the trash bin outside the front door was overflowing - not a good sign. Right inside the door in the small area near front desk, there were 6 very loud and intoxicated men sitting on the sofas. They had several twelve packs of beer and their empty cans were lined up all the way around the coffee table. It took about 15 minutes to check in, as there were 2 couples ahead of us, and only one desk clerk. The desk clerk had to ask my husband the same question twice because he interrupted my husbands answer the first time, in order to help one of the drunken men who had walked up to the desk. None of this was a very good first impression.
Our room was on the 5th floor, facing the front of the hotel. The bathroom vanity was tiny with only about 4 inches of perimeter counter space around the sink. There was no true closet with a door, only a recessed clothes rod hanging in the vanity sink area. They had the ironing board rack hung in the closet area in such a way so that the feet of the ironing board stuck out about 3 inches, right about nose high, and was a hazard as you came around the corner to the vanity/bathroom area. We took down the ironing board and leaned it against the wall. Also, there was no luggage rack. The room appeared generally clean and in good repair, but there was only a 1/2 roll of TP, and no spare when we checked in. We had to go to the front desk as they didn't have anyone to bring some to us.
I've gotten to the point trying to never go barefoot and wearing slippers in all hotel rooms, so of course, I found the sticky spots those times my bare feet touched the carpet. The bed was very comfortable however, and we both slept really well. The room was pretty quiet for the most part. The room had a microwave and a fridge which was nice to have, however we didn't use the microwave. We didn't use the pool or the gym area either so I can't comment on those.
Breakfast was a ZOO on Saturday, and we didn't even bother on Sunday. It is in a tiny area off the lobby and the selection was small. There were no hot foods, just a waffle maker that had a long line with people making 3 or 4 waffles at a time, so the line never moved. Other "guests" were so unbelievably rude and would break in front of you and reach around you, pecking like seagulls for the meager offerings. There was a small fridge there with pre-packaged sausage biscuits that you could nuke. People were filling up trays full of food, nuking them in their rooms I guess. There were bagels and cereals and yogurt. There were some green bananas too - yuck! Everything was running low, from plates to food, and it was about 8:30. Thankfully there is a Starbucks 2 blocks away.
In short, nice beds, in-room fridge, good location. If my first impression had been better, my review might have been nicer. Also worth mentioning, there was a very nice restaurant nearby that is upscale and trendy, and we had a good time at dinner there. It is called Social Vinings, and if you go, try their homemade white peach Sangria! Their creme brulee was really good, as was their sushi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a better stay at an exceptional value at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Hotel - Vinings. Our fresh Atlanta, GA hotel is situated only minutes from downtown and many Atlanta attractions. Take the family to Six Flags over Georgia, watch the Braves at Turner Field or cheer on the Falcons at the Georgia Dome. Business and leisure guests will find more to love about our Atlanta hotel on-site as well. Start each day fresh with a free breakfast buffet, and stay productive with free high-speed wireless Internet throughout the hotel. Each of our 143 Atlanta, Georgia hotel rooms and suites features HD flat screen TVs, a mini-fridge, microwave and our signature bedding for maximum comfort. Take some time to unwind at the fitness center and outdoor pool, or go out for a night-on-the town. Whatever you kind of day you have planned, our friendly and courteous staff is on hand 24-hours to point you in the right direction. It's no surprise Fairfield Inn & Suites is one of the favorite Atlanta, GA hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings Hotel Atlanta
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Atlanta Vinings
- Fairfield Inn Atlanta
- Fairfield Atlanta
- Atlanta Fairfield Inn