“Standard Room”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings
Ranked #116 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 29 November 2012

If you find yourself in the Vinings area of Atlanta the Fairfield Inn on Paces Ferry Road offers a good choice for a night. The hotel is pretty much a standard Faifield Inn serving the basic needs. Several eating places in the areaoffer a variety of food choices.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Fly_Bob
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Dear Fly_Bob:
Thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn and Suites for your recent stay in Vinings! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We pride ourselves on providing great value, and we are happy to hear that you found that our area offers a lot of great dining options. In addition to the great restaurants, there are many great shopping, nightlife, and recreation diversions, as well. We hope that you consider returning to our hotel the next time you are in town.
If I can assist with future accommodations or anything else, please feel free to contact me at any time. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or 770.435.4500.
Thanks again for the review. Have a great day!

Fairfield Inn and Suites Atlanta Vinings

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Kelvin, the night manager, was very accommodating upon our arrival. He made check in a pleasant experience. He also explained that there is a sufficient police presence in the neighborhood, so that put me at ease. The hotel is located right off of I-285 and near I-75, so it was in a convenient location for us.

The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. We slept well. There was no door slamming like so many other hotels because the door closers were properly adjusted. That was a nice change of pace for us.

If I was to complain, it would be quite nit-picky. But I'll do it anyway! The TV was such a cheap model that it took a full 2 seconds to change each channel. But it was a flat panel TV. And we were given a handicap accessible room. I prefer a non handicap room.

Now my wife is from the Philippines. She was not as impressed as I was because the grout in the bathroom floor wasn't quite immaculate. She explained to me that the Marriott name really means something in the Philippines and that would not be tolerated there!

Oh, and the breakfast service was not so great. There was no attendant and we had to tell the front desk that ALL of the coffees were empty. On the bright side, there were several choices of coffee. And there was one lady who got quite upset that even the hot water was empty and she couldn't make her oatmeal. And the "attendant" who finally showed up seemed to think that complaining about somebody not showing up that morning would suffice as an apology for the poor service.

But, you know, if all you need is sleep, this is a good place for it!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DrivingZiggy
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear Driving Ziggy-
We know you have a lot of choices for lodging in the Vinings area; we sincerely appreciate you choosing Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott. Your feedback is an invaluable tool in our effort to always exceed your expecatations. Thank you for the kind words about Kelvin. I will be sure to recognize him for his hospitable service.

In addition, I will be paying special attention to the bathroom grout. Your wife is correct. Marriott standards are high, and our loyal guest deserve and expect excellence.I apologize for the breakfast experience, as well. We take great pride in our breakfast service. We understand it is a vital part of your stay. I can assure you that the experience you had and witnessed is certainly not the norm. You have my word that we will work to ensure that all guests have the well-attended, fresh breakfast that they expect, regardless of the situation.
Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts. We take every survey and review seriously and use it in our effort to improve. If there is anything else you would like to discuss, or if I can personally assist you with future accommodations, please fee free to contact me at any time. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or (770) 435-4500.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

When you go to a Fairfield Inn, you don't expect luxury, but the room condition here is getting worn - time for a renovation. Generally very well priced, so if you don't mind a well worn room it will do.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

Dear Tony T-
We know that there are lots of choices for lodging in the Vinings area, and we sincerely appreciate you choosing us! Your feedback is an important part of our continued improvement, so thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad that you found our staff to be friendly. They are looking forward to an opportunity to serve you again, soon. If there is anything we can do for you in the meantime, I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or (770) 435-4500.
Thanks again for your business!

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Convenient location next to freeway and easy to access the hotel. Pleasant and friendly staff, clean rooms but looking a little dated. Standard Fairfield Inn breakfast. Only downside is the traffic noise from the freeway on one side and Paces Ferry Rd on the other. We were given a room at the front on the top floor facing Paces Ferry and didn't have any issues but were pleased we weren't on the freeway side.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front are probably quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Dear kmr1809-
Thank you so much for choosing Fairfield Inn and Suites for your recent stay in Vinings! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share feedback regarding your experience. We are always looking to improve the guest expereince, and TripAdvisor reviews are a valuable tool in this pursuit.
We understand that traffic noise can be frustrating, but we hope that our double paned, airport rated windows help minimize this as much as possible. That said, I am glad that the location of your room was suitable and that you found our staff to be hospitbale. Thanks for noting the cleanliness as well; we work very hard to maintain a clean, comfortable, and productive environment for our valued guests.
Thanks again for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. Should your travels bring you to the area in the future, feel free to contact me directly for assistance with your accommodations. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or (770)435-4500.
Have a great day!

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed at this property with the Mariott branding assurance. The staff was pleasent. To begin with the rooms lack hygiene, the noise from the Inter State made it impossible to sleep, the airconditioning added to the noise further. Finally when i am ready to check out and ask for a cab to the airport and there arrives a limo. Someone needs to anwser this that if a customer asks for a cab why did a limo come in

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Dear delhi-
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your recent experience at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for falling short of your expectations. I assure you that your feedback is taken seriously, and the issues you mentioned will be researched and addressed. Your experience is not indicative of our operation, as evidenced by recent reviews, thus your frustration is understandable. As far as the cab is concerned, on occassion, when we call for taxi service, the job is referred to another provider if the operator we call is unable to provide timely service. It appears that this is what happened in your case. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We will be sure to clarify this in the future.
Thanks again for providing valuable feedback and for choosing our hotel. If there is anything you would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact me at any time. We would love the opportunity to re-earn your trust. If your travels bring your to our area in the future, I would be glad to personally assist with your accommodations. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

This was a great hotel. It was clean and away from the big city. The hotel was only 15 mins away from Atlanta which was perfect. We did not have to fight any downtown traffic. The bed was great! They have the most comfortable mattress and pillows. The room was the perfect size for a weekend getaway. It had a microwave and mini fridge. I asked for a room away from the highway and I did not have any problems with noise. I was able to sleep fine. The only complaint would be to have more than one person working during check out.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the 6th or 7th floor away from the highway/pool side. I was on the 6th floor away fro...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Dear Leslie W.-
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Vinings. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your expereince. I am very glad that our location met your needs and our accommodations met your expectations. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during check out. I assure you that we take your feedback seriously and will work to ensure your next stay is problem-free. If there is anything you would like to discuss further, or if I can assist with future arrangements, please feel free to contact me at any time. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com. Thanks again for your choosing our hotel and for taking the time to share. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

just got back from atlanta and had a great time at the fairfield inn. this is one of the better ones in the chain. hotel is near the silver comet trail which is good if you want to get some running in. the pool is by far the biggest i have ever seen at any marriott property. it was hard for me to finish a lap in the pool it was so long. the front desk guy was great with the recommendations and also giving the elite members both points and a snack from the market. will stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Dear michaelvirginiabeach-
Thank you for choosing our hotel! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time share your experience, and we are excited to hear that you enjoyed are unique Jr. Olympic pool. I hope that you will find it just as satisfying on your next visit. Based on your comments, I assume you are a Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite Member. On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for your loyalty. If there is anything we else you need or if I can be of assistance with future accommodations, please feel free to contact me at any time. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com.
Thanks again for your business and great feedback. We hope to see you again, soon.

Jedd B. McConnell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hotel Indigo Atlanta – Vinings
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Vinings
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Ballpark at Cobb Galleria
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Cumberland Mall / NW
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings? Share your experiences!