“Horiible From Start To Finish”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings
Ranked #118 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 1 April 2008

Im an Elite memeber with Marriott...this was one of the worst ofany marriott property. At the front desk, the rude check in girl in the evning was gabbing on the phone with a freinds the whole time I checked in, pointed to where my room was(on the same floor)..that's it! I got to the room, and it was a handicap room...I went back to the front desk to ask for a regular room, got a roll of the eyes and was told there were no other rooms(as always), i then told them they would need to 'unblock' someone elese's room that was checking in later, and put me in that room. She then told me it would be a whilel since she had to look for a room in the computer...I waited. Finally after a few minutes, she said I have one on the top floor next to the elevator....I said Ok. When i got to the room, the A/c was loud and making a tickeing noise, so I turn it off only to now hear the LOUD, LOUD traffic and highway noise of trucks, cars on the Interstate that is just behind the hotel. Sitting chair has black stains, TV cable was fading in and out which made it impossible to watch tv.....POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE>>LOUD LOUD NOISE FROM ROOMS FACING THE INTERSTATE...JUST BE WARNED!!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank tampan

Reviewed 28 March 2008

I booked a room at this hotel for 3 nights. I arrived on a Friday evening around 8:30 pm. I was greeted by the employee at the desk and proceded to check in.

My room was certainly no frills, but it was clean. After being in the room for a bit I started noticing a lot of noise either on the side of my room or above it. I never did figure it out. After listening to it for about 2 hours it was getting louder and louder. It appeard to be a group of people partying and yelling. After traveling all day this is not what I wanted to hear. I went down to the front desk and explained the situation, the employee was polite and offered to change my room. I then moved from the 4th floor to the bottom floor. It is the floor where the gym and laundry facilies are. I was assured it was much more quiet on that level since there are only a handful of rooms down there. Perfect I thought and went down to my new room.

This also happened to be the weekend the tornados went through Downtown Atlanta so there was a very loud storm outside all night. At about 6 or 6:30 am the maid service started. What I did not know was the maid cloest was directly across the hall from my room, and the flooring outside my door was tile. Needless to say after listening to the storm all night then finally dozing off only to wake to the sound of the maid cart going back and forth on the tile flooring repeadly so early I was not happy. I ended up checking out and staying down the road at the Wyndham.

They do have free wifi access which is nice and the staff was very polite and helpful. I did not get to try out the breakfast they offer though. For this area of town you do need a vehicle with GPS to get around if you are not familiar with the area.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2008

This was the third or fourth time I've stayed here in the past few years, and I have always been pleased with this hotel.
The location is away from most of the horrid Atlanta traffic, and you can get around to anywhere from there with a good GPS or an honest cabbie to guide you through the back ways during rush hour.
Either are a must, as Atlanta navigation is one of the worst in the country. In five miles, you may drive on the same road constantly, but it changes direction three times and names twice more.

Back to the hotel:
Always clean. Always friendly. Quite rooms. Great WiFi. Temperpedic mattresses that made me want to order one online! Plenty of parking, including a back lot that accommadates RVs and larger vehicles.
It can be a bit pricey but competively priced for the area and consistently top-notch.
It's an easy choice for those wanting to stay in Northwest Atlanta.

Tips: Order delivery from New York Pizza Exchange, which has the best pizza and stromboli in the Vinnings area, or have a drink at Padriach's or Meehan's, two excellent pubs.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2007

I had a wonderful 4 night stay. I had a room on the main lobby area, and it had a very, very comfortable bed! The room also had a sofa, extra chair, table and large desk. The room was large and may have been one of the suites.

It is worth mentioning the staff at this property is equal to any 5 star property. They are eager to please, get to know you by name and make you feel like you are a true guest.

The hotel is off of I-285 and less than a mile from the Cobb County convention center. You do need to know a cab from the airport is going to run about $50 each way. There are lots of places to eat within a 2 mile radius!

Great stay, great location, great people!!!! I recommend staying at this property over the convention center properties!!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank Scot D
Reviewed 13 March 2007

Great weekend stay. Hotel was built in 1996 for the Olympics but has recently been renovated. Very good / friendly staff, great king bed and good complimentary breakfast. Chinese / sushi restaurant close by called the Orient Express.......GREAT FOOD!!

Stayed: March 2007
Reviewed 29 August 2006

When we booked our 'suite' and arrived at the hotel, we were happy with the prompt check-in, but once in our room on the 4th floor, we weren't too excited. The toilet , upon 1st use, became clogged and was unusable. The 'suite' was only the size of a typical hotel room, with a couch, 2 tvs and a desk. After moving to a new room, the new room's toilet worked, but the lights behind the bed flickered and weren't reliable. The room was too small for 2 adults and a baby.
The location was close to the interstate, which was nice, however.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hollycamille
Reviewed 8 May 2006

How nice to stay in such an immaculate, well maintained hotel! The manager and staff are extremely friendly and always ready to help with suggestions, directions, or whatever is needed.
If you're going to be spending time in downtown Atlanta, it might seem out of the way, but it is just off 285 and well worth the extra few minutes it will take to get into the city.
The breakfast buffet is sumptuous and far exceeds one's idea of a "continental breakfast".
Very close by is the Vinings shopping area with delightful shopping and restaurants ranging from delicious hamburger/sandwich style menus to elegant gourmet. My son, who lives in Atlanta, rates these as the best restaurants in the area.
If you're staying more than two nights, I would recommend one of the suites. You have a refrigerator and microwave plus two tv's, internet access, and a pullout sofa. Ask for the view of dowtown Atlanta. It's awesome!
In any case, you have access to the exercise room and a washer/dryer unit.
It's not hard to get to the the new aquarium. Ask at the desk for directions. Like any tourist, pick your times. We went on a Friday at opening. Get advance tickets to avoid lines. If it's crowded at your spot, wait a few minutes. They'll leave and you have an unobstructed view. We have seen other aquariums, but this is the best! Enjoy Atlanta .Fairfield Inn and Suites will enhance your experience.

4  Thank cjoyuh34