“Quite pleasant”

Ranked #116 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Georgia
“Quite pleasant”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The hotel is located close to shopping and the activities we were visiting Atlanta for. We encountered several staff members and they were friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the comfortable beds, the hot breakfast and the newly renovated gym. We will stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear deeronz:
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are excited to hear that you found our location convenient and our staff friendly and helpful. We take great pride in our comfortable beds, as well. In fact, I have a sneaking suspicion that they contribute to our abnormally high number of late check-out requests.
Thank you for noticing our new fitness room. We understand the importance of this amenity, and we hope the upgrades allow you to better adhere to your routine while traveling.
We are all looking forward to your next visit! If there is anything you need while planning your next stay in Vinings, feel free to contact me at any time. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or 770.435.4500.

Fairfield Inn and Suites Atlanta Vinings

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I think the only reason why I got any sleep was because the mattress (Tempur-pedic) was so comfortable. The hotel is built on top of I-285. I have stayed in many airport hotels that have been much quieter. There was a lot of noise from both the road, and the AC unit. My friend's room, on the other side of the hotel (odd-numbered rooms), was much quieter. Other than that, the room was adequate, and had a microwave and fridge. The breakfast was okay, but not good enough to get up early for on the second day of our stay. I found the staff to be available, and helpful.

Room Tip: My even-numbered room faced I-285, and was very noisy.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa O
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Lisa O.-
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Vinings and for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad to hear that you found our beds to be comfortable and our staff to be helpful; however, I am sincerely apologize for noise issue you experienced on the even number side of the building. I certainly understand the concern, and we are looking into ways to minimize the impact of the interstate on that side of the building.
We would be happy to ensure that you are on the other side of the building for your next stay. Just let me know when you plan on returning, and I will be happy to handle your accommodations personally. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or 770.435.4500.
Thanks again for your business and the valuable feedback. We hope to see you again, soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Business trip to the Smyrna, Georgia area led me to shop for reasonably priced hotels during the week. Evidently there was a big event happening because many of the hotels were booked up with no vacancies. There were a couple of more expensive options available but I chose the Fairfield Inn near I-285 for the price. I was assigned a room on the first floor, which is actually the basement (lobby is on the 2nd floor). And it felt like a basement in every sense of the word. Careful coming through the back door from the parking lot since the hot tub has green, rusty water in it, not a great intro to this property. The room I had was adjacent to the laundry -- fantastic, not really. Lots of activity at all hours so it is not a very restful part of the hotel. The room was very much a budget room with out dated styling, older and worn furniture. I'm confident I won't be staying here again regardless of the price. I would rather have paid more for a more relaxing and comfortable environment. Also the heat/air conditioner was very noisy and very temperamental on reaching a comfortable temperature. I'm guessing the thermostat is starting to go bad. Sorry Marriott but I would budget a make over of this property then you get a chance.

Room Tip: My advice in choosing a good room is find another hotel :)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank OBXfan1964
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear OBXfan1964-
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Vinings and for taking the time to share your experience. I sincerely apologize that we fell short of your expectations. Be assured that that we take your satisfaction seriously, and we will continue to improve and make sure we are living up to the Marriott tradition of excellent service and accommodations. Please contact me at your convenience in order to further discuss your stay and our efforts to address it. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or 770.435.4500. I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks again for your business and time.
Have a great day!

Brighton, MI
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This was our second visit to this particular Fairfield and we were just as happy as the last time. I booked another free night, using my Marriott Rewards points and this hotel is a bargain! Only 7,500 points for a night in a nice room with a refrigerator and a microwave. The room wasn't huge, but was all we needed. We had plenty of room for the two of us and had a very restful and relaxed time after a very long day on the road. The young lady that checked us in was very friendly and efficient. The breakfast was again a typical Fairfield, but all went well, that is except for the young professional who let his waffle cement itself in to the waffle maker. The lady taking care of the area had a real hard time getting it open to clean it out, but that wasn't her fault. I don't think anybody even noticed the problem, I just happened to be there when she was working on it. She took it all in stride and just waited for the iron to cool down so she could work on getting the permanent waffle out of the maker.
Our last visit was when the hotel was doing renovations, those were done this trip and the place looks very nice. We are glad we found this Fairfield and will be back again, maybe even on our trip back north.

Room Tip: Every room has a refrigerator and a microwave and all are quiet, so take whatever is given to you.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
OntheHuron-
Thank you so much for staying with us again and for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad you like our new look. We hope to get started on the rooms in the future. It seems as if you enjoyed the Fairfield experience, and I could not be more happy about that. Take my word for it, the waffle makers can be a troublesome at times, but they are definitely worth it! We hope you will back soon, as we look forward to serving you. If there is anything I can help you with, feel free to contact me at any time. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or 770.435.4500.
See you soon!
Savannah, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for the Bronner Brothers hair show this past weekend and it was an average stay. The rooms are nothing special. The lights didn't work. I asked for a room on a high floor and got put on the second floor. The food was ok and the front desk staff was rude and loud. Won't stay here again!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kia F
Dear Kia F-
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I sincerely apologize for the light issue and for not being able to honor your request for a high floor. We were very busy during the hair show, as you know, and unfortunately, not all requests could be accommodated. Most importantly, I am very disappointed to hear that you found our staff to be unfriendly. This is not typical of our hotel, as our team is usually praised for their warmth and service. I assure you that I take this seriously and will address this appropriately. In addition, we hope to be updating our rooms soon to match our fresh, new lobby. I would love to speak with you regarding your stay. If you are interested, I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or 770.435.4500. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed here for one night during MLK Weekend on Marriott Points. Since I was only there for one night (and I was using points) I wasn't expecting the Taj Mahal, but I was expecting a comfortable room, comfortable bed and good service.

I got two out of the three - but what I did not receive cost them two stars.

The room was a very nice room, truly no frills, but then again this is a Fairfield Inn. The heat worked, the room was clean and welcoming, the water temperature and pressure were good, and the parking lot was adequate. All good points, however the bed that I had was not comfortable AT ALL. It was hard and ended up hurting my back. When I told the front desk about it upon check-out, the front desk clerk told me that "it is a Tempur-Pedic bed". Sorry, but that's just not true. I have slept on Tempur-Pedic beds and can tell the difference between that and a hard rock.

The location is just OK - at least to me. Free Wi-Fi is a plus as well.

NOTE: I did speak to the assistant general manager about the bed situation and the front desk person that pretty much "told a story". She not only credited my points back, she gave me bonus Marriott points as well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Timothy H
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear chgocutie-
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Atlanta on MLK weekend. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share valuable feedback about your experience. While we are happy to hear that you were pleased with much of your stay, it is certainly troubling to find that you found the bed to be uncomfortable. Typically, the response to our beds is overwhelmingly positive. Our hotel has a mix of Sealy Posturepedic and Tempur-Pedic mattresses that offers a choice for people with different needs and preferences. The mattress is the room you were assigned has been replaced, as a result of your feedback. You expect and deserve a comfortable bed, and I apologize that we fell short in this case. Please be assured that your experience is not typical.
Thanks again for taking the time to write this helpful review. If there is anything I can do, please feel free to contact me at any time. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com.
We look forward to serving you in the future.
Have a great day!
Brighton, MI
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I made a reservation directly with Marriott and used my points for a free night. It was only 7,500 points so, to be honest, I didn't expect much. I was very pleasantly surprised. The lobby was undergoing renovation, but the workers were very friendly and got well out of the way when we took our luggage cart through to the elevator. I also expected that we would get one of the lesser rooms since it was free, this didn't happen. If anything we got one of the better rooms. Everything looked new and was well appointed. We had a great big-screen TV and a fridge and microwave. Check-in was quick and check-out was even easier. Breakfast was typical Fairfield, and that is fine, the eating area was big enough to accommodate everyone. The lady taking care of the area was very friendly and welcoming.
Because of the area this Fairfield is located (just off I-285) right at the exit and a light to allow you to turn left in to the lot and one exit away from the Cumberland Mall with many, many restaurants and a Costco, this will be a go-to place for us the next time we pass through, which will be in February.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear ontheHuron-
Thanks for the great review. We understand that there are lots of options in this area, and we sincerely appreciate you choosing our hotel. I am glad to hear that the lobby renovation was not too much of a hindrance and the workers you encountered were polite. We cannot wait until the work is complete,so we can show off our fresh, new look. It is also great to hear that you found our rooms clean and comfortable. While location and convenience is important, we know that service and accommodations determine whether our guests will return. Your feedback is vital to our continued improvement, and we look forward to your return. I am sure you will love our new look, and our staff will work to provide service that exceeds your expectations.
Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience. If I can assist with accommodations in the future, please feel free to contact me at any time. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or 770.435.4500.
Happy Holidays!

Fairfield Inn and Suites Atlanta-Vinings
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hotel Indigo Atlanta – Vinings
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Ballpark at Cobb Galleria
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Vinings
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Cumberland Mall / NW
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Cumberland Mall
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings? Share your experiences!