“Best Breakfast”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings
Ranked #120 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We found the room to be extremely comfortable. The air conditioning was noisy, but it did not detract from the comfort. All the staff were friendly and helpful.
The breakfast was excellent. Fresh fruit salad, perfect, and good scrambled eggs. Would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pworth2014
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear pworth2014-
Thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn and Suites for your recent visit to Vinings! We sincerely appreciate your business and the valuable feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our hot breakfast and found our staff hospitable. I apologize for the noisy A/C and assure you that we are working to remedy the issue. Our guests' satisfaction is very important to us, and reviews are a great tool to help us improve. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. If there is anything you need in the future, please let me know. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com.
Have a great day!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

How is that for a bland title? But it basically describes the hotel. It reminded me of hotels I tended to stay in when I was on a tighter budget. It is old. The carpet is dark green (makes you wonder if it is clean or dirty because it is impossible to tell). There is not a lot of sound insulation and you are really close to the interstate, so there is road noise. And the fan had a chirp that was annoying. But I was tired, so it didn't bother me - might have if I had not been so tired.

But - the staff was nice (especially at breakfast), the breakfast had plenty of food, the beds were comfy.

Side note, the pool looked scary. I am thinking it might be because it was not open for the season (there were ropes keeping people away). I saw it from my window. It would be great clean - it was super long. But it was also super green at the time!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Lisa H-
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Vinings. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
While I am glad you found our staff friendly and helpful, I am disappointed to learn that our accommodations did not meet your expectations. While we recently competed renovations to the lobby and exercise room, our room upgrades are still forthcoming. I can assure you that, while the carpets are clean, they will be replaced as the room renovation occurs. Lastly, I do understand your concern for the pool. At the time of your stay, we just took the cover off in preparation to open it for the season. It takes several days to get the pool ready as we treat it with chemicals and restart the pumps. The satisfaction of our guests is very important to us. Your feedback is a critical tool in our effort to provide the service and accommodations you expect and deserve. Thanks again for taking the time to share. If I can be of assistance in any way, please feel free to contact me at any time. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or (770) 435-4500.
We hope you will visit again, soon!
Have a great day.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel property is below average for a Marriott. I travel on average about 4-5 nights per month and always stay at a Marriott property. I generally find clean, comfortable, safe and well kept properties. This one however seems a little dark, dingy and not so well maintained. I stay here occasionally because it is cheaper than many of the other Atlanta area Marriott properties, but would recommend checking prices and availability of other locations before booking here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Peterhz57
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear peterhz57-
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Vinings and for taking the time to share your experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and your feedback is a valuable tool in our effort to improve. We typically receive very favorable feedback relative to cleanliness, so your review is disappointing. I am sorry that we did not meet the standard you expect and deserve. I assure you that we will address this in order to more consistently provide the level of accommodations associated with Marriott's reputation. If you would like to discuss your stay in detail or for assistance with future reservations, please feel free to contact me at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or 770.435.4500.
Thanks again!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

The hotel is located close to shopping and the activities we were visiting Atlanta for. We encountered several staff members and they were friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the comfortable beds, the hot breakfast and the newly renovated gym. We will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear deeronz:
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are excited to hear that you found our location convenient and our staff friendly and helpful. We take great pride in our comfortable beds, as well. In fact, I have a sneaking suspicion that they contribute to our abnormally high number of late check-out requests.
Thank you for noticing our new fitness room. We understand the importance of this amenity, and we hope the upgrades allow you to better adhere to your routine while traveling.
We are all looking forward to your next visit! If there is anything you need while planning your next stay in Vinings, feel free to contact me at any time. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or 770.435.4500.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I think the only reason why I got any sleep was because the mattress (Tempur-pedic) was so comfortable. The hotel is built on top of I-285. I have stayed in many airport hotels that have been much quieter. There was a lot of noise from both the road, and the AC unit. My friend's room, on the other side of the hotel (odd-numbered rooms), was much quieter. Other than that, the room was adequate, and had a microwave and fridge. The breakfast was okay, but not good enough to get up early for on the second day of our stay. I found the staff to be available, and helpful.

Room Tip: My even-numbered room faced I-285, and was very noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa O
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Lisa O.-
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Vinings and for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad to hear that you found our beds to be comfortable and our staff to be helpful; however, I am sincerely apologize for noise issue you experienced on the even number side of the building. I certainly understand the concern, and we are looking into ways to minimize the impact of the interstate on that side of the building.
We would be happy to ensure that you are on the other side of the building for your next stay. Just let me know when you plan on returning, and I will be happy to handle your accommodations personally. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or 770.435.4500.
Thanks again for your business and the valuable feedback. We hope to see you again, soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Business trip to the Smyrna, Georgia area led me to shop for reasonably priced hotels during the week. Evidently there was a big event happening because many of the hotels were booked up with no vacancies. There were a couple of more expensive options available but I chose the Fairfield Inn near I-285 for the price. I was assigned a room on the first floor, which is actually the basement (lobby is on the 2nd floor). And it felt like a basement in every sense of the word. Careful coming through the back door from the parking lot since the hot tub has green, rusty water in it, not a great intro to this property. The room I had was adjacent to the laundry -- fantastic, not really. Lots of activity at all hours so it is not a very restful part of the hotel. The room was very much a budget room with out dated styling, older and worn furniture. I'm confident I won't be staying here again regardless of the price. I would rather have paid more for a more relaxing and comfortable environment. Also the heat/air conditioner was very noisy and very temperamental on reaching a comfortable temperature. I'm guessing the thermostat is starting to go bad. Sorry Marriott but I would budget a make over of this property then you get a chance.

Room Tip: My advice in choosing a good room is find another hotel :)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank OBXfan1964
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear OBXfan1964-
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Vinings and for taking the time to share your experience. I sincerely apologize that we fell short of your expectations. Be assured that that we take your satisfaction seriously, and we will continue to improve and make sure we are living up to the Marriott tradition of excellent service and accommodations. Please contact me at your convenience in order to further discuss your stay and our efforts to address it. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or 770.435.4500. I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks again for your business and time.
Have a great day!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

This was our second visit to this particular Fairfield and we were just as happy as the last time. I booked another free night, using my Marriott Rewards points and this hotel is a bargain! Only 7,500 points for a night in a nice room with a refrigerator and a microwave. The room wasn't huge, but was all we needed. We had plenty of room for the two of us and had a very restful and relaxed time after a very long day on the road. The young lady that checked us in was very friendly and efficient. The breakfast was again a typical Fairfield, but all went well, that is except for the young professional who let his waffle cement itself in to the waffle maker. The lady taking care of the area had a real hard time getting it open to clean it out, but that wasn't her fault. I don't think anybody even noticed the problem, I just happened to be there when she was working on it. She took it all in stride and just waited for the iron to cool down so she could work on getting the permanent waffle out of the maker.
Our last visit was when the hotel was doing renovations, those were done this trip and the place looks very nice. We are glad we found this Fairfield and will be back again, maybe even on our trip back north.

Room Tip: Every room has a refrigerator and a microwave and all are quiet, so take whatever is given to you.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

OntheHuron-
Thank you so much for staying with us again and for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad you like our new look. We hope to get started on the rooms in the future. It seems as if you enjoyed the Fairfield experience, and I could not be more happy about that. Take my word for it, the waffle makers can be a troublesome at times, but they are definitely worth it! We hope you will back soon, as we look forward to serving you. If there is anything I can help you with, feel free to contact me at any time. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or 770.435.4500.
See you soon!