“Great Location”

Ranked #74 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Pooler, Georgia
“Great Location”
Reviewed 9 June 2011

We visit Atlanta often and we always stay with the brand. This location was awesome, central to Buckhead and minutes from the Lenox Mall. The area was perfect for the best in class dinning and shopping. And if you dare take the risk of walking in this busy city everything was in walking distance! The hotel staff was great three people at the front desk actually remembered and greeted me by name each time I passed them by, an d the other staff always greeted me with a smile! You guys are an example of 1st class service, hands down!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank TracyandAlvinClark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Stayed here for a one night stay after a cancelled connecting flight in ATL.

Upon arrival, I was greeted by a friendly front desk person and checked in quite quickly. The only problem I had was that I had to leave my car outside on a busy street with no attendant near by.

Upon entry of the room this is your typical Residence Inn. It's clearly been updated from a furniture perspective. My Studio was actually quite spacious considering it was a downtown hotel. The bed was comfortable, the appliances were nice, but the TV was old. IE tube TV that had been used so much it was dark and hard to see the picture.

The internet was fine, I was unable to have breakfast due to an early flight. But this was a pleasant surprise after a horrific travel day. It's not in the greatest location but is a deal at the price.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank WorldTraverler73
Topanga, California
Reviewed 5 May 2011

Stayed at the Atlanta Residence Inn Marriot Downtown in order to attend a work-related conference at another local hotel. This property is conveniently located a short walk (1 block) from the Ellis Street exit from the Peachtree Center MARTA stop. I took the MARTA from Atlanta airport to downtown and the trip was only a few dollars and took less than half an hour. The hotel is located in downtown Atlanta which is a business district with restaurants and looked like a safe area to walk around. There is a Quizno’s right next to the hotel entrance. Also, there are several car rental offices within a block or two in case you might like to rent a car to see metro Atlanta. There is a public library across the street but I didn’t go over and try its holdings.

My room was a one bed suite and was pretty good size. My room had a small refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. My room was pretty quiet because I had a corner room. On one evening, I could see fireworks from some evening event about a mile away. The wi-fi was fine though the reception wasn’t consistent everywhere even in my suite. My rooms were clean and the shower stream was stronger than average. The complimentary breakfast on the 2nd floor was hearty with scrambled eggs, French toast, sausage patties, fried potatoes, and a waffle maker on the mornings I was present. I thought the coffee was more than adequate. Mondays through Thursdays there are evening snacks, too, but I didn’t get a chance to try them.

In summary, I picked this property in order to please my employer with my frugality and ended up pleasing myself with a stay that had all the pluses of a higher end property (convenient location, room amenities, efficient staff, complimentary and yummy breakfasts). I would recommend this to anybody heading towards downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank J13345
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I booked a one-night stay in the Residence Inn downtown because of two things - location and price. The location is great for exploring downtown Atlanta and seeing the sights and sounds nearby. The hotel is an older hotel but fairly updated. I could have booked a more "high-end" hotel for the same price but chose this one because they had a valet parking pass included as well as offering a free breakfast.
The breakfast was one of the best I've had at a hotel.
As for the rooms, they have all the necessities you could need for a long stay. I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite which had a queen bed and also a pull-out couch. The bed was very comfortable and even though there was a bustling city outside the noise level was not disturbing. The tv's were older and small, not flat screens but they did the job. My biggest complaint was that the bathrooms did not have a vent! The bathroom got so steamy from a shower that moisture was all over every surface. I could see a few mold spots on the ceiling as well as some patches where they previosuly had mold or a leak and attempted to cover it up. It won't be long before there is mold again if ventilation is not put in the bathrooms. I suppose this is because it was built in a historic building, but they had to renovate it at some point in the past so I don't understand why that wouldn't have been done. Also, the shower pressure was so high it almost hurt, and the water didn't stay hot for long.
Everyone that I spoke to at the service desk and the valet guys were super-nice and made sure I was attended to and having a good stay. Overall I enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank jpm82
New Buffalo, Michigan
Reviewed 23 April 2011

I can't say enough good things about my stay here. From allowing me to check in at 10:00 AM on a Sunday becasue of an early flight to calling me the day before my departure to ask if they could arrange my transportation to the airport, I was thrilled over and over with my experience. While I'll admit that most of downtown Atlanta had the friendliest service people and citizens I have ever seen, the staff at this hotel exceeded my expectations at every turn. I could go on and on but for $109 a night (the rooms nearby for my conference were $250 a night) with this kind of service, warmth and friendliness, my family is talking about coming back and vacationing here because of my great experience.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Traveled to Atlanta with my wife ,2 yr old & 5 yr old for a long weekend. The hotel is close to everything. We walked to the Aquarium & World of Coke which is very convenient. The hotel was spotless and the staff wonderful & helpful. The room was spotless and a perfect size for four people.We had a great view of downtown Atlanta. The hotel serves breakfast (eggs,waffles,cereal,fruit ect) which is great especially with little ones.

Room Tip: We were on the 19th floor which had a great view.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank cpac9
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2011

I stayed here whilst attending Pittcon. Having travelled to many US hotels for work this experience was by far the very best. Wonderfully clean rooms (coming from a family that owns hotels I look for the normal dirt that all establsihments miss, but could not find any anywhere!). Flawless, happy, attentive staff from the lovely Felcia that looked after my room through to Brenda and all the guys on the front desk they made me smile every morning. Not only that, but they will simply do anything to help at all.
The food was good, great choice for breakfast and one of our travellers was vegetarian and even they were catered for. I could not find a single fault with this hotel, worth every penny.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business