“Exceptional hospitality”

Ranked #67 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Cincinnati
“Exceptional hospitality”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed at Residence Inn after flying in from our Honeymoon. We planned to stay one night and drive home in the morning. The staff was exceptional. We stayed in North Carolina the night we married, stayed in another hotel in Atlanta before we flew out of the US, stayed in four hotels in Costa Rica, and stayed one night at this Residence Inn in Atlanta. Of the seven accommodations that we stayed in over this period of time, Dawn at Residence In of Atlanta is the only person who offered us a complimentary anything in light of our recent marriage. But it wasn't the celebratory drink that she gave us that made the stay special, it was her genuine happiness for us. She personifies what both employers and guests are looking for in customer service. Thank you, Dawn!
Our room was very clean, had a nice view, and included a kitchenette. The continental breakfast offered a variety of options and was tasty. We also very much liked that location because we were within walking distance of varied restaurants. We wish we would have stayed here the night before we flew out of Atlanta, too.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa C
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear Lisa C, congratulations on your marriage! We just love the story you shared about Dawn providing a small celebratory gesture for your husband and you in honor of your nuptuals! I will be sure to share this with her and our whole team. We live for stories for such as this since you can imagine the pride the staff members take in their jobs! Please come back and stay with us again. We'd be delighted if you made us an annual trip in honor of your wedding anniversary!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We stayed here while attending an event at Lakewood Amp. The location was easy to negotiate, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were in excellent condition and clean. We liked having a separate bedroom from the main area. Would recommend to business and leisure travelers.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Garageatrois, truly appreciate your taking time to submit a review of your stay with us. It's good to hear that you found the location simple to navigate and that you enjoyed having the extra room in your suite! Please come back the next time your travels bring you to Atlanta!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Stayed here for a conference. Lovely hotel. Rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was very accommodating. One think to mention, they have this scent which is REALLY strong in the lobby area. Too strong if you ask me. Breakfast staff was great. walking distance to convention center. I couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nicole S
Dear Nicole S, thanks so much for writing a review of your stay with us! The staff and I glad to learn you like the clean and spacious rooms! Sounds like I had the volume turned up an extra notch on the Scent Air - we think we have adjusted that now. Thanks for your valuable insights and come back to stay with again soon!
El Limón, Aragua, Venezuela
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This location is OK for business type stays and even for some family type events. Bedroom layout is average, breakfast is free but average....BUT what really sets it apart is the people that work there...very corteous, very efficient, extra mile at all requests...Thank you very much.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear Luisbartolomego, thank you very much for writing a review of your stay with us! I appreciate your feedback and will be sure to inform the team they they made the difference in your eyes! Please come back and stay with us again soon!
Charlotte
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

As a Marriott Platinum member I always expect a lot of value for my business and I'm very loyal as I stay at Marriott properties all the time. But I have to say this is one property I won't come back to. For starters, they list their parking as "complimentary" through my Work/corp travel website. So I was annoyed to realize there was a $25 per day fee (on top of tips to the valet guy every time you get the car in/out). The property itself is OK, but there's no indoor pool, the gym is mediocre at best, and the breakfast food quality nothing to write home about. In short, there are alot better values in nearby area and to be honest I think I'll just decide to stay at the Marriott in Emory area (Century) next time i'm in ATL even if it's a little bit further uptown because I don't want to deal with the parking hassles and it's a much better value and pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear JayMoli, thank you very much for writing a review of your stay with us. Although I am disappointed we failed to impress you, your feedback is very important to us, especially so in light of your Marriott Platinum status. Please contact me personally to discuss these matters further at 404-522-0950 since your business is very important. Century Center Marriott is a very nice hotel and I'm glad to know you will continue to stay within the Marriott family of hotels when you travel to Atlanta. As for us at Residence Inn Downtown, we will use your constructive feedback to continuously improve. Please give us another try in the future. Our guests do have complimentary access to the BodyPlex Gym two blocks from the hotel! Thank you again for providing us your valuable insights! Christine P
North Carolina
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We spent one night at this hotel in late June. The location was convenient and the room, small workout facility, and breakfast were nice. The staff here is the draw. Everyone from the valet to the front desk to the dining staff were gracious and helpful. Thank you for making our less than 24 hours in Atlanta so enjoyable. A great choice for travelers looking for a comfortable downtown hotel.

Room Tip: Our high floor, corner room was a great choice.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel during three days for a conference I had at the Georgia World Congress Center. It is located within walking distance to most restaurants and downtown attractions. Within 10 minutes I walked to the Congress Center. In addition, the Millenium Park and World of Coca Cola Museum are also within walking distance. The Marta train station at Peachtree center is also within a few steps of the hotel. The services and friendliness of the staff made my stay enjoyable. I certainly wished my stay would have been for more days, because I felt at home away from home.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Estela1129
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Estela1129,
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location to be perfect for attending your conference at the Georgia World Convention Center. Please come back and stay with us again when your travels bring you to Atlanta!