“Dated, but huge rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #64 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Sydney, Australia
“Dated, but huge rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

I was here on business. Prior to arriving the location I have sent packages to the hotel, after travelling for quite a bit I almost forgot that I sent a package to the hotel, though the check-in staff was very diligent when checking me in and made sure I got my package!

The hotel is located at a good location in downtown Atlanta and is of walking distance to most tourist spots and locations around town.

The room I was in looked a bit dated but the rooms were huge giving me plenty of space for luggage and work stuff.

The fitness room was adequate for a short stay but definitely has room for improvement.

Breakfast was acceptable - there weren't a lot of choices but I guess filling my stomach was important.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear nodnarb0312, Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us! Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we are always looking for ways to improve. I'm glad you received your package without delay and found the size of the guest room satisfactory. We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you to Atlanta!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

The property was great! The hotel is very charming; maybe an old bank or office building. I highly suggest a room ending in 01 (i.e. 801) because it's a corner room to the left as you get off elevator and it's separate; no other room on either side or in front! Kind of its own little nook. Erica McCoy sales manager was great! She served at the evening social the 1st night we were there. Speaking of evening socials they offer theirs 4 nights/week and the company's minimum is 2.5 nights/week. A real value because breakfast is included everyday too. Though I don't like the hours of the social; the social is 5:30 to 7:30 which is great because it's 2 hours in length where most are 1.5 hours but that's for the food only. The bar is 5:30 to 7 which is confusing versus the brochure you get at front desk 5:30 to 7:30 that doesn't explain the difference. So a guest walks in at 7:15 for a bite and a glass of wine; out of luck on that glass of wine or beer ;-( The guest room itself was cramped but efficient; a one bedroom queen suite with Parisian style kitchen; no counter space but all amenities. The maid(s) were friendly. I particularly like one bedrooms versus efficiencies because if you're more than one person and one wants to sleep you can close the door. Breakfast was very typical for a residence inn; maintained company standard. But at both breakfast and socials they had glass plates and 'real' silverware!! Some don't have that. Anyway a great experience overall. Oh and they have complimentary toiletries at front desk (i.e. deodorant). Some don't offer that; you have to buy from market which is annoying especially for platinum elite guests. Thanks.

Room Tip: in review above...201, 301, 401, 501, corner room to left off elevator was nice kinda separate
Green Features: they offer those 'green' things like everyone else...hang towels to reuse, change bed linens every so often unless otherwise requested. unfortunately for this i want clean towels every day and sometimes my bed changed everyday too ;-)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear bergdorf2001,
Thank you very much for taking time to write a review of your stay! Erica is thrilled that you appreciated her service. We are also glad you enjoyed the evening social!! Please come back and stay with us again soon!
Bradenton, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Nice stay in a very nice location within walking distance of Centennial Park, The World of Coca Cola, the Varsity and the pro stadiums. The building is a historic and has been renovated with a small lobby, but a nice dedicated floor for the breakfast buffet and the health facility. Various types of restaurants nearby including the required Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts. Valet parking is very efficient and provides each car passenger a bottle of water when you leave. Rooms are OK, could be cleaned better, but have all the conveniences of a residence inn.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear wildmangolfer,
Thank you very much for taking time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I'm glad to learn you found the locaiton to be a good one for you and that the staff was friendly. I apologize that we did not meet the mark with cleanliness of your room and care very much that this was the case. Please be assured we utilize our guest feedback to continuously improve, and will take measures to increase our quality consistency. Please stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Atlanta. We appreciate your business very much!
Thibodaux, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

We had a fabulous stay at this hotel! The staff was amazing, friendly and very helpful. Check-in and check-out was a breeze. Valet parking was quick and easy. We stayed in a queen studio which was spacious and comfortable. Location of the hotel is perfect. Will definitely be staying at this hotel again if/when I return to Atlanta!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear melodylynne0088,
Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed the staff service, found the valet parking easy and convenient, and that the location was perfect for you! Please come back and stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Atlanta!
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

The stay at residence Inn was more like home rather than a hotel. Not just the services were good, even the staff members were really helpful.

Abraham, Bhushbhy, Williamson, Sheron are the best staff members at the Residence Inn. They are always willing to serve you wholeheartedly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear AnkushSingal, thank you so much for taking time to write a review of your stay with us. The team members you mentioned are so happy to learn you appreciated their efforts to make Residence Inn your home away from home! Please come back and stay with us again the next time your travels bring you back to Atlanta!
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

My family and I stayed here while attending a large Cheer tournament. As the other reviewers have stated, finding the hotel and parking are a headache for sure! On our trip, the roads were all torn apart for construction and getting to our hotel (it was within eye sight) took 15 minutes due to construction detours. The hotel is hidden, you'll miss it completely if you aren't looking close enough, especially at night! The staff was very friendly, parking consists of Valet only and it was nice, but pricey $25.00 per night- yep. The hotel is an historical renovated building and they did a great job in the modernizing of it, the elevator ride up to the room was good. The room itself, yikes- small! It's a suite with separate living and sleeping room areas, but really small! My wife and daughter slept on the queen bed and I slept on the pull out sofa. When the pull out was pulled out, no one could get into the kitchen area due to the pull out, hassle, but what can you do. Our first night, the windows were all wet with condensation and the sills all had puddled water. We pulled the blankets off our bed and saw some stains on the sheets, called the front desk and we were told someone was bringing up a new sheet. The nice person arrived at the door, gave us the new sheets and we ended up having to make the bed. Called back down to the front desk and complained as nice as possible about having to make our own beds upon arrival due to stain on sheets- the front desk comped the parking. After that, I found out my pull out had no bedding, no pillow- another call to front desk and needed bedding arrived promptly. Not a great way to start a three night stay. All I can say about the hotel was the the staff was friendly, the location was great- but I'm 99% sure we will be looking elsewhere for accommodations on our next downtown ATL stay.

Room Tip: Traveling solo- this location is great! Within walking distance of everything downtown ATL. I alwa...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hideotakamini
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Hideo,
Thank you very much for taking to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us this month. Please accept my sincere apology for not providing you appropriate linens for your sofabed, and not offering to make the bed for you. The staff and I are disappointed we failed to meet your satisfaction and understand what we need to do to improve. Please contact me personally at 404-522-0950 should you wish to discuss your experience further or make a return reservation. The staff and I are determined not to allow you to be disappointed again.
Christine P
Collierville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

This hotel is BAD. there is really no place to park to unload your things. The first night we had to valet park, it was late and we didn't know where to park. The valet people didn't understand when we were talking to them. The luggage cart couldn't come out to your car because there were steps and the cart wouldn't go down the steps, so you had to carry your things to the cart . The room was nice, it wasn't the room I wanted. The beds were low, the kitchen was o.k., the bathroom was a good size. No water pressure. I like Residence Inn, I have stayed in a few, but I wiil not go back to this one.

Room Tip: I don't have a tip, I ask for a room ,but didn't get it.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Cecilia, thank you very much for taking time to write a review of your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconveniences you may have experienced upon arrival. We care very much that you had difficulty getting your luggge unloaded and that you did not receive the room type you wanted. We are going to carefully address these concerns and ask that you give our hotel another try on a future stay as a result. Please contact me personally to discuss your concerns further. The staff and I appreciate your business very much!