“Credit Card Fraud!!!”

Ranked #73 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Stone Mountain, Georgia
“Credit Card Fraud!!!”
Reviewed 24 October 2009

I stayed at this hotel on June 12, 2009 for only one night to tour my current employer, Georgia State University. GSU agreed to pay for the room, but I was unaware that I had to pay for valet parking, which is how they had access to my debit card information. On two incidents, August 15 and October 22, they have fraudulently charged my account, causing me to go into overdraft. I am currently in overdraft now because of this!

Their service was fine, but make sure you pay in cash!

Stayed June 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
North Carolina
Reviewed 23 October 2009

This was a business/ leisure trip - went for MedTrade but arrived Saturday for a couple days sightseeing with my husband and teenager. We arrived in downtown Atlanta and could not seem to find our way to the hotel, what with all the one way streets. Called and staff stayed on the phone with us, giving us step by step directions - even walked outside to meet us two streets over, when we took a wrong turn, got in our van, and drove us back to the hotel. That's what I call going above and beyond. Valet parking was nice. Upon check in, we were directed to the 14th floor where we found we were in a studio room (not what we reserved). Used the room phone to call the desk and we were told to stay put, within 2 minutes staff was at the door to move our luggage and escort us to our queen suite room on the 12th floor. We had requested a high floor for the view, and it was not disappointing. We noticed that each room has a different layout...each space is shaped differently. We liked our second room much better - as we walked in, we were in the kitchen area, then the living room area with a fold out sleeper sofa, chair, tv in cabinet, desk and chair, two large windows with great views. The front desk explained how to quickly log on to the internet for free from our laptop - worked great. The queen bedroom was nice, with a second TV, huge window with a great view from the bedroom as well. The set up was nice, the bedroom was seperated from the bathroom by a narrow hallway - one side of the hall was the sink and vanity, and the other side of the hall was the sliding mirrored door closet. The bathroom contained the tub/shower and toilet. The bedding was very comfortable and clean as was the pillowtop mattress and many pillows provided, some feather. Had to call back to the front desk for bedding for the sofa bed, which was promptly brought up to us. The breakfast buffet area was clean and well stocked, and the lounging area was very nice, with widescreen large tv and sofas and chairs, and tables and chairs, windows overlooking the streets below. Location was great - able to walk around downtown area, everything seems to be within a few blocks, maybe 10-15 mins walk. No need to use the van - we went mostly on foot for downtown attractions - World of Coke, CNN tour - we did take a horse drawn carriage ride back to the hotel (negotiated with the driver and he took all 3 of us back to the hotel for $25, well worth it, as he pointed out several attractions and gave some history as we passed). We did call for the van to drive to the Varsity for a late lunch, then Oakland Cemetary Twilight tour, again, prompt friendly service by the valet. Returned to the hotel around 10pm and walked from the hotel to the Hard Rock Cafe about 2-3 blocks away - if I had been without my husband, probably would not have done this being later at night, as we did encounter some homeless, but we didnt feel threatened after my husband asked them to leave us alone. Not until we walked by the MARTA station about a block from the hotel and got the *bright idea* that we'd hop on the loooong escalator and ride down and back up just for the heck of it. Did I mention it was a very tall very long and slow ride down down down underground on the escalator and we realized we had messed up when the escalator beside us, going up, we saw a homeless man riding up, eyeing us....as soon as we rode down, we rode straight back up, never even "checked out" the station itself. This is the most uncomfortable we felt the whole trip...the area we felt was safe, as long as we stayed above ground.
All in all, this hotel was great, the staff made it great, and it looks to have been recently remodeled. Would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Pensacola, Fl
Reviewed 9 October 2009

The Residence Inn in downtown Atlanta is exceptional. We stayed there for 4 days during a conference I attended. The terrific customer service started with the valet when you first check in and continued through our departure. All staff were pleasant, professional and truly seemed to care about their jobs and making sure the guest enjoys his or her stay. The rooms were spacious and clean. I enjoyed the evening social hours. There was a history walking tour with the hotel manager one afternoon that was very informative. I would definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank LisaC5075
Mississippi
Reviewed 1 October 2009

I stayed here for 4 days while attending a training class. I picked it because it was near the location of the class, and based on the reviews I saw here. From the moment I arrived, I knew it would be a nice stay. The staff was very friendly, and always greeted me with a smile, no matter how many times they saw me.
The room has everything you need including a microwave, coffee maker, dishwasher, and everything you need to cook a meal. The bed was very comfortable too, plenty of pillows too.
Every day the cleaning staff left a nice note on my pillow, which I thought was a nice touch.
I ate breakfast there and it was more than just bagels and coffee. They had eggs, sausage, biscuits, grits, along with fruit, yogurt, cereal and a variety of baked goods. The light reception with wine and beer was also very nice and lots of people took advantage of it.
I was very pleased with the hotel and the service, and will definintely stay here again when traveling to the Downtown Atlanta area.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 September 2009

We stayed at this hotel to attend a Braves game in Atlanta. I didn't pick this hotel- my friends that we were traveling with did since they had stayed here before. I was impressed with the value- I think it should be 4 stars. It was somewhat historic- lots of marble, travertine, and dark wood. The room decor was more comtemporary, but still very nice. The main thing about our stay that stood out was how hospitable the staff was. They were always willing to give directions or recommendations with a smile.
The thing I liked the least- the "light meal" on Thursday (spaghetti tasted like grade school cafeteria); but the free beer & wine made up for it!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Northern Virginia
Reviewed 19 July 2009

The hotel was in a perfect location in downtown Atlanta. Everything was clean and the continental breakfast was sufficient. My only complaint is that the room, and especially, the bathroom was small. I am 6'3" and the shower head was around 5'

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Toronto
Reviewed 11 June 2009

Stayed at the Residence Inn for about a wk and had probably the best experience ever at a hotel. The staff are very helpful, friendly and polite. The rooms are very spacious, clean and well maintained. The room prices were very reasonable for what they provide. The hotel provides complimentary breakfast every morning. On weekdays it provides a light dinner as well as happy hour. Overall experience at this hotel was AMAZING. Would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends