“Excellent Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #111 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Due to a travel mishap, I was unable to check into the motel I originally wanted. My niece contacted the Quality Inn here, explained the situation, and they allowed her to reserve me a room remotely. Ms. Greta, the Sales Manager, does an excellent job. The rooms are very clean and quiet, and the housekeepers are efficient and friendly. The people at the front desk are very gracious and helpful, and go beyond the call of duty. An example is Racil, who went out of her way to offer me advice and aid due to my emergency. The breakfast here is hearty and filling. It is Atlanta, so of course a traveler, especially a single woman, must use common sense precautions. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Barclay Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 26 August 2016
C C,

Best Regards,

Enoch D.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
WHITE PLAINS
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

There is construction going on in the city of Atlanta, apparently trolleys will be available sometime and the track is being laid. As a result, streets are blocked off making it difficult to find the hotel. No sooner had we finally parked right in front of the hotel to check in, then my husband was approached by a (I assume) homeless man asking him for a beer! The location is terrible, Atlanta is terrible, we were there Christmas day to visit a relative and all the shops were closed, so no workers and no tourists, only the homeless wandering aimlessly or sleeping wherever they could find a spot to lie down, be it under a bridge, in a park, or in the parking garage where we were told to park our vehicle by the hotel staff. We didn't actually see a homeless person sleeping in the garage, but there was a sleeping bag there, rolled up. We were nervous all night about our car being vandalized! The hotel charges $15 for parking, but the sign at the garage says $12 for 24 hour parking, what's up with that? The gal at the front desk ignored us while she chatted with one of the cleaning staff as to her holiday plans. She finally got around to us after several minutes of waiting. I have no complaints about the room itself though, it was clean, the bed was comfortable, it looked like a nice breakfast in the morning, but my husband and I didn't want to eat there, we wanted out ASAP to check on the condition of our car, which was fine, thank goodness. I wouldn't stay again, just due to the location and all the vagrants wandering around. There's a Holiday Inn Express located on the outskirts of the city. If I visit this relative again, that's where I'd stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
WhitePlainsKatie,

The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

We have stayed in this hotel twice now and really like it. The place is very clean and all the people who work there are very, very friendly. It's almost like coming home to family. Everyone there is very helpful and helps with any questions. The location is good too and the price is right. We highly recommend it!

Room Tip: ask for room facing the street
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Mary Lou S,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again when you next travel to Atlanta. Since your stay, we have been actively working to improve our service level, responsiveness, and the functionality of our products to ensure things are operating as they should. We have been updating and upgrading our rooms and the general appearance of our property. I hope you have safe travels in the future.

South Korea
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

I selected this hotel due to the proximity of the Phillips Arena, costs and Trip Advisor reviews.

First, you there is a lot of road construction around the hotel, which made it difficult to finally arrive and check in. Check in was smooth and Chata was very helpful with showing me the parking area. Then we got to our room and it wasn’t cleaned, my wife complained and we were then sent to another room. Rooms are very old and dated and when we turned on the water faucet, the pipes creaked and it took a minute for the water to get to the 9th floor.

The Pros are the women behind the desk and at the breakfast area. The ladies who run this hotel are awesome and as the “People are awesome” review states below, they will help you in directions and helpful hints to see in the city. This is a budget hotel for people on a budget who don’t stay in their hotel all day long watching the local CNN news and would I stay again for one night for $70, YES

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jimb2000,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your interactions with our staff, and were able to take advantage of and enjoyed our breakfast options. We hope to see you again when you next travel to Atlanta. We do love our location downtown and I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our proximity to local attractions. Since your stay, we have been actively working to improve our service level, responsiveness, and the functionality of our products to ensure things are operating as they should. We have been updating and upgrading our rooms and the general appearance of our property. I hope you have safe travels in the future.

Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Chose to stay here due to close proximity to The Tabernacle, for a concert at the end of September.
The front parking area, where guests usually park to check-in, was blocked by employee vehicles and friends of employees visiting in lobby. This hotel is a smoking permitted location, so the smell of cigarettes is very evident when entering the premises. When we finally checked in, the TV was on in our room, there were no pillow cases on the pillows, there was a dirty washcloth & hand towel ONLY in bathroom. Hair in tub, walls, bathroom floor, bedspread had multiple cigarette burn holes in it, the carpet had holes in it. Requested pillow cases and towels, was told that they weren't done cleaning all the rooms yet. Returned 4+ hours later to pillowcases only, went downstairs and asked for towels again and got them, while being told they were short handed that day. When we checked out the following morning, 2 of the vehicles blocking the pull through area were still parked there. It was hard to stomach paying over $100 total (including parking) for the room and having such a poor experience.

I understand that mistakes occur, we're all human, however short staffed or not, the customer shouldn't be the one bearing the brunt of it. Especially since the customer is still paying for their stay regardless of how many people come to work or not and if they weren't done cleaning the rooms, then we shouldn't have been checked in to one that wasn't ready. Not sure if those statements were true or they were trying to make the situation "better" with a reason.
The location is fantastic for activities downtown, however I could pay less money to drive 15 minutes away and stay somewhere that I wasn't afraid of showering at. I did not have a great experience, I did submit a review to the hotel and just heard from them this week with the canned; sorry it wasn't great and we hope you'll give us another chance...which isn't going to happen.

Room Tip: Hotel allows smoking so it all smells of cigarettes, but they do have "non-smoking" floors...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank misheda
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Barclay Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 25 August 2016
misheda,

Thank you for your review. Since your stay, we have been actively working to improve our service level, responsiveness, and the functionality of our products to ensure things are operating as they should. We have been updating and upgrading our rooms and the general appearance of our property. I hope you have safe travels in the future. Maybe one day in the future we'll get the chance to make it right.

Orem, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

The ladies who run this hotel are awesome. They are more than willing to help you throughout both day and night. They are very friendly and offer good advice on where to go if you're new to the area. The location of the hotel is great if you want to explore the city. Simply walking through the streets from place to place is easy at this location. For me the most surprising aspect of this hotel was the continental breakfast. Zindi, one of the ladies over the breakfast, is very kind and welcoming and makes you feel right at home while eating. As for the food, both the variety and quality passed my expectations of the complementary breakfast. This is by far the best free breakfast I have received from any hotel yet. For the price this hotel exceeds in its expectation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
John B,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I've never enjoyed a hotel and it's staff the way I did here. Ms.Greta u and ur staff were great and it was sad to leave. I recommend this hotel 100% and make sure when u stay.. Ask about those fresh baked cookies... But knowing these guys... They will be delivering them to u personally! SUPERB SUPERB SUPERB!

• Stayed October 2013