“Okay...great location!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Barclay Hotel Atlanta Downtown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Barclay Hotel Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #111 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Tallahassee, Floirda
“Okay...great location!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stopped here for the night, without a reservation. I normally reserve rooms but we weren't sure what we were going to be doing in Atlanta that night so we decided to wing it. Who knew it was Ga. Tech's graduation...as I believe Emory's as well.

However...it's in a great location, close to Olympic Park and Peachtree St...Hard Rock Hotel, all within walking distance. The staff was nice, the lobby was clean, the breakfast was filling and in good quality. The room was okay...a bit dingy, but comfortable. The beds were comfortable but there was no bed skirts and the box spring was exposed on both beds...they were torn and seemed a bit dated. The bathroom was clean but the tub needed to be replaced...rust and rust stains. The shower head was nice. The hallways were not much...you got off the elevator and there were all the doors to the rooms on that floor...that area was more dingy than everything else. I write that because it made me feel like I was in an affordable housing tenement when I stepped off the elevator...but again, once in the room it was okay. For our purposes, just for the night and only sleeping, we were good.

We paid $114/night...anywhere else, I would have scoffed at that but for the area, that was probably one of the cheapest rates. Again, graduation was this weekend at Ga. Tech so not sure if that's normally the rate, or rates in the area. If you're there just for a night or two, you'll be fine...but an extended stay may be unnerving paying that much for really quite little, quality-wise.

Overall...I would recommend it for a very short stay...nice staff, decent lodgings, cleanliness/condition was a bit lacking however. You can tell it's an older building...so if anything out of the ordinary quality-wise...especially with what I mentioned...turns you off...then pay the extra $40-$50/night to stay somewhere nicer.

Room Tip: You want to hit Peachstree St/Hard Rock...Olympic Park...have a friend/relative at Ga. Tech and are...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Barclay Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 25 August 2016
caito34,

Thank you for your review. Since your stay, we have been actively working to improve our service level, responsiveness, and the functionality of our products to ensure things are operating as they should. We have been updating and upgrading our rooms and the general appearance of our property. I hope you have safe travels in the future.

Enoch D.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the inn before and after a music festival. The staff was incredible. They were so nice and gave us many food suggestions. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The TV has many cable channels. However the best part of the quality in is the quality of the staff. This will definitely be my hotel of choice for Atlanta trips. I suggest you stay here if you like nice people and good vibes

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Eric B,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and your interactions with our staff. We hope to see you again when you next travel to Atlanta. We do love our location downtown and I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our proximity to local attractions and felt welcome.

Best Regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Right in Downtown Atlanta. Amazing staff. Handled my eleven elementary and middle school students with no complaints. Baked us chocolate chip cookies, provided free drinks for the kids, handled our every need with grace and charm. Wonderful Southern hospitality. Overall great budget option for Downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Fried_chicken1679,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and your interactions with our staff. We hope to see you again when you next travel to Atlanta. We do love our location downtown and I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our proximity to local attractions and felt welcome and the kids were taken care of and all your needs met.

Bluefield, Virginia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Right in downtown within minutes to walk to the Ferris wheel, Olympic park, the aquarium and World of Coca-Cola. Parking garage across the street from entrance, they will validate come-and-go for $15. This is probably the best deal, it is downtown in a large city...good luck parking really anywhere else cheaper or more convenient. It's only a few blocks from Peachtree Station for the Marta to take to Turner Field. I recommend doing that rather than driving, simply b/c of traffic and it's quicker and cheaper and not hard to figure out...follow the Braves fans! It is a bit run down and the carpet and decor is a bit older, but it's very reasonable for the location. They didn't allow check-in until 2:30 but policy says 3pm. The breakfast isn't bad and the maid service was rushing through rooms so quickly they stopped by to make sure had all the towels and everything was ok. Hey for a baseball or basketball game and to do some touristy stuff, it's not bad.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
RyanM0708,

Best Regards,

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

1. $15.00 daily parking (PARKING IS NOT FREE) I was not told until I got there.
2. Only one elevator to service the entire hotel- no a/c in hallways (very stuffy)
3. Water damage furniture/ curtains are dirty/ rooms are small and smells like mildew.
STAFF WAS VERY NICE (ONLY GOOD THING TO SAY ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE.)
4. A/C in room is regulated by front desk.
If I had to stay in this hotel, I would sleep standing up and take a shower with my shoes on!!!!!! Just Horrible, NO place for children. Families BEWARE

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank letsjustforgetabouti
letsjustforgetabouti,

Aiken, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I cannot believe how rundown the place was/is. This hotel is awful! Looks good on the outside...The photo they show is not like the room i was in. i have been to pay by the hour hotels that are nicer! I expect better in a downtown area. The staff have the nerve to ask if everything is okay with the rooms...."uh, how does YOUR house look?" Should have been my reply. The spreads smelled! They failed to put a new roll of TP in the bathroom. We were using the previous guests' TP! I am so glad that I travel with my own washcloth and towels as well as bleach! This place needs to Be condemned!!!!! I won't go for the better rate next time!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jae-eL D
Jae-eL D,

Regards,

Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I was a bit worried about this hotel reading some of the less complimentary reviews, but I had no cause for concern.

This is an older, urban hotel and is probably the least expensive property in the area. The carpets are bit frayed and some of the furnishings show their age. But everything was clean and fully functional and the staff was very friendly. I had no towels in the room when I arrived, but they were brought within about 2 minutes of my call to the ask.

You can't beat the location for downtown Atlanta sights and I think the hotel represents good value for the price and location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo