“Outstanding!”

Barclay Hotel Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #115 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Sales manager Greta Berry and hotel manager Brian were absolutely wonderful. Being from Chicago they made me feel right at home and advised me on the best places to visit. The hotel was very clean and the staff as equally friendly. I highly recommend this hotel if you happen to be traveling to this area.

• Stayed August 2014
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Barclay Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 25 August 2016
teamcashdollar,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and your interactions with our staff. We hope to see you again when you next travel to Atlanta. We do love our location downtown and I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our proximity to local attractions and felt welcome.

Enoch D.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Had a great time the managers Brian and Greta berry were very helpful made our stay in Atlanta the best I highly recommend coming here the food was too notch the service a plus if your in atlanta Come here this was the best experience I have ever had here in atlanta

• Stayed August 2014
Corey C,

Far Rockaway, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I attended the ISTE conference in Atlanta in late June and spent five nights at the hotel. Greta Berry, the manage, treated us with real souther hospitality. She also baked delicious cookies for the guests. When she heard that we would not be back in time to enjoy the cookies before they were devoured by other guests, she left several in our room. Her kindness, and the friendliness of the entire staff at the Quality Hotel in Downtown , Atlanta, will always be remembered and appreciated!

Room Tip: Not sure where our room was located, but it was fine!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Louise A,

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Location,location,location for great price!!
Short walking distance: Coca cola, cnn, centennial park, Ferris wheel , great selection of restaurants. Definitely buy a city pass.
Greta and staff provided fabulous customer service. They went above and beyond. Catherine managed free morning breakfast with ease and efficiency and was very friendly. Hard boiled eggs,scrambled eggs,sausage, biscuits and gravy, toast , bagels and cream cheese, real butter, milk juices (savings/convenience time saver)
The rooms meets basic needs, they are older but They were clean, reasonably comfortable beds, all you need to just sleep. You could spend an extra $100+ a night to get pretty newer rooms but WHY! The location is awesome for families. We stayed in 1014 on 10 th floor the second night. Window seals on windows are old so noise from city leaks in and might be an issue for light sleepers. We moved rooms after the first night due to very loud mother next door who yelled at her kids all night and day. The staff understood and accommodated us very easily with great professionalism. They even let me hand pick my next room and check it out before moving all if our stuff. They treated us like our happiness was their first priority. I've paid big money for rooms in the past and gotten way less concern for my happiness from other chains staff. Greta handled every scenario with great ease and professionalism . Warning $15 parking fee each nights stay. Very convenient parking location. You can come and go as you please in 24 hrs for that price and they would even validate it after you had checked out. Parking Felt secure, was reasonable for city parking, saved us money in the long run. You could consider saying you have no vehicle and parking somewhere less convenient and less safe but I don't think you would save any time or money. Make sure when you compare other hotels you ask about parking fees and availability.I will recommend it to friends and family.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank SUSAN M
Susan M,

Harvest
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The customer service was great, but the room was AWFUL and HOT. I checked in the thermostat said it was around 83 degrees. We left around 5:30 returning around 10 finding the room still over 80 degrees. Call the front desk, the attendant said she would call me back in 5 minutes. I never did receive a call. We tried to stay until check out on Sunday morning, but could not it was too HOT! We checked out at 2:30 in the morning. The attendant said she tried to call me several times, but I never receive the call. I told her they needed to check the phone as well as the A/C. She said she would let her supervisor know and they would contact me on Monday. Well, I haven't heard anything from them as of yet. The room apparently had a water leak because the wall paper near the bathroom and entry door was bubbled and coming apart. HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tina W
Tina W,

I am sorry to read about your experience with our property. Since your stay we have been working to ensure that our products and services improve.

Enoch D.

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is a little jewel, not because of fabulous rooms and amenities, but because of an interested and caring staff that exudes Southern hospitality and warmth. It has a great location just off Peachtree St., which makes for an easy walk to just about everything you want to do in the downtown area.....and it is affordable, with nearby parking that is reasonable (parking dowtown can be an expensive nightmare sometimes). The neighborhood is quiet, too. You will be welcomed, appreciated, and invited back (at least I was). There is a good breakfast included, too, with Oatmeal, Yogurt, and fresh fruit if you are healthy minded, plus waffles, eggs, biscuits & gravy, etc.
It is an older hotel, but I always enjoy my stays there.

Room Tip: I think that higher is better here, if only for the view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ron K
Ron K,

I am glad to read that you had a great experience at our hotel while you were visiting Atlanta and that you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully you'll be staying with us again should you visit Atlanta.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Downtown Atlanta can be an expensive place to plan a trip. Given that I am on a budget I choose Quality Hotel. Greta and her staff treat us with uncommon great service. They remember your name, make sure you are comfortable and well taken care of.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business