“the staff was most accomodating!”

Barclay Hotel Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #121 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 5 November 2010

I was in Atlanta for an exposition and had a non cancellable reservation here. An important matter surfaced which did not allow me to stay overnight. I met with the general manager who understood my predicament and was kind enough to let me out of the committment to stay overnight. The check in staff was very attentive here. Although I didn't stay this night, I will certainly stay here on my next trip to Atlanta simply because of the courtesy shown to me.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Barclay Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

39604mike,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again when you next travel to Atlanta. Since your stay, we have been actively working to improve our services, responsiveness, and the functionality of our products to ensure things are operating as they should. We have been updating and upgrading our rooms and the general appearance of our property. I hope you have safe travels in the future.

Reviewed 26 October 2010

I reserved 5 rooms for myself and staff to attend a national convention at the GWCC for 5 days. I am a Choice Priviledges Platinum Member, and this was the closest hotel I could find with that chain. I was a little concerned that it might be an older hotel in a downtown area that might not come up to expectations. I was pleasently surprized. Not only were the accomodations very nice (I only had one complaint from one of my staff members...there was some mold in his shower-coming from Wyoming he was not used to that). Most of all, the staff at the hotel were outstanding...there was nothing they would not do to make our stay better. Even the Manager greeted us every morning in the breakfast room to make sure we were being taken care of properly. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

billbritz,

Reviewed 22 October 2010

Bill Moore, the GM and his registration staff especially Erica his head Manager treated us like VIP's. Bills attitude is if you're not greated with a smile and a friendly hello then thats not an employee he wants to work there.

Sure, there are nicer and fancier hotels nearby, but if you're looking for a perfect spot in downtown in walking distance to everything including the convention center theres no place like this place.

Complimentary breakfast is included with eggs, bacon etc and for the value, cant be beat.

DGRANDIS,

Reviewed 22 October 2010

We travel a lot of countries for business purpose, never had such feeling like Quality Hotel Downtown Atlanta. Smaller and Quite Hotel located at downtown Atlanta, provided the warmest heart to all traveler, Mr. Bill Moore- General Manager, wonderful helpful and great personality to assist us to find what we want. We really appreciate this Gentleman and recommend this hotel to all traveler, good price and best service. For sure, if we have another business travel to Atlanta, will stay Quality Hotel Downtown Atlanta again !!

Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

GlenLee74,

Reviewed 19 October 2010

Convienent location to central city, great breakfast,economical, great staff.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Wilna11,

Reviewed 12 October 2010

The hotel was clean, nothing too fancy, comfortable bed, decent bathroom. Good selection at breakfast. The staff was nice but I didn't like having to park across the street in the garage.

1  Thank suzer54

suzer54,

Since your stay, we have been actively working to improve our service level, responsiveness, and the functionality of our products to ensure things are operating as they should. We have been updating and upgrading our rooms and the general appearance of our property. I hope you have safe travels in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2010

Stayed for a big trade show the first week in Octoer. Found the hotel to be clean, quiet and had a great breakfast. There was a small problem with one of the room reservations and it was corrected quickly and professionally. Bill and Erica were especially helpful. Easy to get in / out and close to the World Congres Center.

kcovey,