“Great Southern Hospitality”

Ranked #114 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Monterey, Tennessee
“Great Southern Hospitality”
Reviewed 23 November 2010

I was met at the entrance by Bill Moore, the manager, who helped me park my vehicle in a safe place. Two employees moved their vehicles to accomodate a safe place for me to park. Everyone was very nice and friendly. Atlanta still has the southern charm that is missing in most larger cities and the manager and staff at the Quality Hotel are great ambassadors for the City Of Atlanta. Thanks Bill and your staff!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Barclay Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 26 August 2016
Kenevil,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again when you next travel to Atlanta. Since your stay, we have been actively working to improve our services, responsiveness, and the functionality of our products to ensure things are operating as they should. We have been updating and upgrading our rooms and the general appearance of our property. I hope you have safe travels in the future.

Enoch D.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Jacksonville FL
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Stayed at the Quality Inn on Luckie St in down town Atlanta this weekend. Met some friends there for the Miami/Ga Tech Game. We had such a great time the hotel was convenient enough to the stadium so that we could walk. We felt safe and loved the area it was in. Everything was so convenient and the Staff was fantastic from Check-in to Housekeeping. Management was there to greet us also! Our room was comfortable and clean and we were located right next to the ice and vending machines (we liked that). We were given the room we asked for which is always great! They are going through some changes and we understand they will be remodeling soon. This was just a really great place to stay and we will definitely stay here again. Oh and for those who have pets we understand they are pet friendly, a big plus in my book!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
general15,

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 November 2010

I was in Atlanta for an exposition and had a non cancellable reservation here. An important matter surfaced which did not allow me to stay overnight. I met with the general manager who understood my predicament and was kind enough to let me out of the committment to stay overnight. The check in staff was very attentive here. Although I didn't stay this night, I will certainly stay here on my next trip to Atlanta simply because of the courtesy shown to me.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
39604mike,

Wheatland, Wyoming
Reviewed 26 October 2010

I reserved 5 rooms for myself and staff to attend a national convention at the GWCC for 5 days. I am a Choice Priviledges Platinum Member, and this was the closest hotel I could find with that chain. I was a little concerned that it might be an older hotel in a downtown area that might not come up to expectations. I was pleasently surprized. Not only were the accomodations very nice (I only had one complaint from one of my staff members...there was some mold in his shower-coming from Wyoming he was not used to that). Most of all, the staff at the hotel were outstanding...there was nothing they would not do to make our stay better. Even the Manager greeted us every morning in the breakfast room to make sure we were being taken care of properly. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
billbritz,

Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 22 October 2010

Bill Moore, the GM and his registration staff especially Erica his head Manager treated us like VIP's. Bills attitude is if you're not greated with a smile and a friendly hello then thats not an employee he wants to work there.

Sure, there are nicer and fancier hotels nearby, but if you're looking for a perfect spot in downtown in walking distance to everything including the convention center theres no place like this place.

Complimentary breakfast is included with eggs, bacon etc and for the value, cant be beat.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
DGRANDIS,

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 22 October 2010

We travel a lot of countries for business purpose, never had such feeling like Quality Hotel Downtown Atlanta. Smaller and Quite Hotel located at downtown Atlanta, provided the warmest heart to all traveler, Mr. Bill Moore- General Manager, wonderful helpful and great personality to assist us to find what we want. We really appreciate this Gentleman and recommend this hotel to all traveler, good price and best service. For sure, if we have another business travel to Atlanta, will stay Quality Hotel Downtown Atlanta again !!

Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
GlenLee74,

Phillips ranch,CA
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Convienent location to central city, great breakfast,economical, great staff.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple