“Overall Nice Experience” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Camden
“Overall Nice Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

My husband and I took our four children (oldest is 9) to Atlanta for spring break -- the location was perfect. You can walk to the Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, CNN Center and Centennial Park. My kids loved Ted's Montana Grill across the street! Room size was a bonus - we had our own space and the kids had theirs. I only gave 3 stars b/c we had a little hiccup - ants in our room. But, the staff was quick to respond and move our room. Once we moved, I could hear our new neighbor through the wall. But didn't hear him the next night. Very friendly staff -- good breakfast. Kids liked the afternoon cookies! Close to MARTA and quick drive to Fernbank Museum, Zoo Atlanta, Decatur, etc. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor so you don't hear traffic below...our original room was on the 8th floor...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear kg4clemson,

Thank you for a few minutes to post a review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

My apologies on the ants in your original room, I’m glad we were able to react to the situation and resolve it to your satisfaction without delay.

Thank you for pointing out our location highlights and our friendly staff.

We hope to see you and your family for a return visit this summer!

Andrew May – General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Turkish first
Cleveland, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

I recently stayed at this location and had a great experience. I was traveling alone to see a show at the nearby Tabernacle and advised check-inn staff of same. Without asking, the staff put me in a room overlooking the venue. The room was clean, comfortable and had the feel of a stylish-boutique hotel for much less of the price. The location was superb, and the area nearby had a lot more to offer in terms of dining and sight-seeing than I expected. It was nice to have the ability to use a computer/printer and also have breakfast to grab on-the-go the next morning. Best of all, when my cabbie decided to stand me up for pick up back to the airport, the lady at the front desk immediately offered to call service which showed up instantaneously, so I didn't miss my flight. Truly great service indicative of Southern hospitality, at a very reasonable price. Next time I'm back in Atlanta, I won't hesitate to re-visit. Thanks for making me feel welcome!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Kris S,

Thank you for taking time to post a review about your recent experience here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

We strive to exceed your expectations so it’s always rewarding to hear the success stories.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Santa Cruz, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Seems like these days with three kids (one a baby) that we're all about location, size and kitchens. This Hampton Inn, like the others that I have stayed in for work (extended stays) and fun has a separate bedroom for the parents, little kitchen area with fridge, sink, microwave and two TV's. And of course, Free Hot Breakfast. A bonus to get your day going, save some cash on food in restaurants and very easy for families. The square footage seemed a bit smaller than in other cities, we were definitely tripping over each others stuff, but it has an EXCELLENT location for downtown Atlanta and we didn't spend a lot of time in the room. If I were going to Atlanta in the summer, I'd stay at their sister property the Embassy Suites - on the other side of Centennial Park - just because it has a pool and summer there is very hot and humid. Our bedroom was very quiet, the kids were in the front room on the pullout sofa and the elevator bell kept them awake. Oddly, though the staff was very nice, they didn't seem to know the area very well. Across the street is the Westin, definitely visit their bar both upstairs (for the view) and down - for the bartender and her travel advice.

Room Tip: Ask to be located away from the elevators.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear lulu63,

Thank you for taking time to comment on your experience here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

We’re glad you enjoyed the Hampton Hot Breakfast and our location convenient to everything downtown.

Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I left my wallet in the room after I had checked out and I was soooo nervouse but when I got back it was at the front desk and rhea had it!!! Everything was in it and they verified the contents with me before handing it over to me. I was soooo happy the ppl at that hotel are wonderful and when I come back I WILL be staying with them!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Corner suites are roomier and no noise at all!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Carmella W, Thank you for sharing your experience about the honesty of our team members at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown. We take pride in providing a guest experience that exceeds your expectations so it’s always rewarding to hear the success stories. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel while on a business trip. I typically stay at one of the larger hotels in Atlanta, but chose this location because it was sold out. I made a great choice. The service was excellent and accommodating. The location is also very convenient. There are many restaurants within walking distance from fast food to fine dining. I will likely be staying here during my next visit to Atlanta.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear Mutineer22, We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your resent stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown. Thank you for pointing out our excellent location and convenience to so many restaurant options. We hope to see again in the near future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

This hotel is in a great location. You can walk to everything. Breakfast was good and the room was well decorated and very clean. Our one complaint was the street noise. Our room was one the 4th floor and the street noise woke us up during the night and early in the morning. Would recommend a higher floor to see if that would help.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Carmen A
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
cnc446dc, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown. We appreciate you pointing out our excellent location and our hot breakfast that’s included in your stay. We look forward to you staying with us again.
Benton, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Walking distance to many downtown attractions like the aquarium and world of coke, which is why we chose it. Good service from staff and the room was updated even though the building is a national historic site holding on to some of it's antique charm, like the windows that offer little resistant to outside city noise.
The breakfast area was awkward and cramped leaving guests walking into one another while getting food, need another waffle maker.
Have an additional 18 dollar a day charge for the parking lot. They are a separate business that will oversell on weekend concerts and events putting your spot in jeopardy. Typical Atlanta crooks.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank TheAppalachainRogue
Hampton-Atlanta, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
TheAppalachainRogue, - Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate your feedback about your stay, our wonderful location, and the level of service you received. We hope to see you in the near future.