“Quality Hotel in Perfect Location”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #63 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed here for one night, and the price couldn't be beat for the location. You could walk to so many places from the hotel in downtown ATL. Although parking is $15 a day, if you plan to visit the downtown area, it's worth it since the room rate is priced so well for the area. As far as the room went, it wasn't as small as I expected based on other reviews. Yes, it was small but it was plenty for myself and my husband. There are a few areas I think could be improved in the hotel though. It wasn't exactly quiet in the room. You could hear practically everything said in the room across from us and some construction outside. Also the mattress could have been a little more soft and breakfast could have had more variety. Still it was a great option, especially for one night. If I were staying multiple nights, I might consider one of the many other options in the area depending upon price.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
HIEAtlanta, Asst. Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown. We strive to provide uncompromising service to all our guests. Please allow us to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed one night at this Holiday Inn Express this past weekend. Although the hotel is a little older - it was very clean and comfortable. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. We were greeted warmly by Vira ( I think that was her name) at the front desk and given and upgrade to a king size bed when I mentioned that our trip was a little stressful. The room was spacious with a wet bar area, sitting area as well as a separate bedroom and bathroom.

The doorman/valet already had our car pulled around that morning upon check-out. Vira was there as well and gave us me a big hug as we left I would stay there again specifically because of the staffs pleasant and warm demeanors.

Definitely recommend this location if you are going to a show at the Tabernacle as it was only a few yards away from this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
HIEAtlanta, Asst. Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the service you were provided. I hope you will return to our address again very soon.

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our recent stay! Great recommendations on local pizza place from the front desk, Davincis Pizza!! Good breakfast too with plenty of choices and helpful attendant. Overall we liked everything and will return. Thank you!!

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your kind compliments of our address and choosing to stay with us. I hope to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

One of the nicest and friendliest staff I have ever met during my stays in HiX. Reason for 4 star is simply the inconvenience caused by construction going on during my stay (3 nights). It's really hard to keep track of the location while following the GPS. It will give you the most direct route if you are coming from Hwy but once you see the road closed sign in front of you, you need to make a complete circle around the block to get to the main entrance. Finally I ditched the GPS and just looked up the map and figure out the alternate route, then it was just a breeze.
As for the hotel, simple and close to everything we wanted to visit. Great location for morning breakfast. The smell in the lobby was awesome! The staff here is really amazing and professional. I love the stay and would stay again. I am IHG Platinum hence got a better room than I originally booked.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nadir_ali
HIEAtlanta, Asst. Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

I am pleased to read your recent review of The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown. Our staff strives to provide exceptional service to all of our guests and thank you for being a valued IHG Platinum Rewards Club Member. Allow us to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Just returned from a business trip to Atlanta and stayed here for the first time. The room was very nice, as were the public spaces and the complimentary breakfast. It was the ideal place to stay, especially because the staff were so incredibly friendly and helpful. I felt like I was home with family. A GREAT stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
HIEAtlanta, Asst. Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you for your compliments of The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown. I am pleased to hear your overall experience was excellent and we hope to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here from 11/15-11/18. The staff is the friendliest staff I have interacted with at any Holiday Inn. The room was comfortable and we had free wifi, breakfast, cable, fridge and microwave, but the view was not that great. The only downside is that there was no in-room safe. Also we had a car and did self parking at the garage across the street but it was tricky to get to because of all the construction they are doing on the roads near the hotel. This hotel was close to all the attractions that we wanted to visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
HIEAtlanta, Asst. Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for your outstanding compliments of our address and staff. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again during your next visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I decided at the last minute to celebrate my birthday. The location was great! Everything is just minutes away. The room was very clean & spacious. The front desk attendant was awesome. I think her name was Dana. She was very informative & helpful. They also had security outside at night which was a plus. I'll definitely be back!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your compliments of our address. We value all of our guests and we are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay. I hope to welcome you again very soon.