Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown
US$348
US$126
US$118
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsfront deskdeep southcentennial parkvalet parkingan older buildingrooms are smallwalking distancetwo double bedsfree breakfastworld congress centerferris wheelgeorgia aquariumbreakfast areacoca cola museumyogurtbreakfast staffhot breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

One of the slightly cheaper places downtown,  near Centennial Olympic park, you'll understand if you stay there. The first disappointment is room size. Talk about small, from the foot of the bed to the wall is slightly less than a yard. When I walked in I thought what is this, the Chung King mansion in Hong Kong? The dresser the TV is on is literally less than 1 foot deep and the so called desk with coffe maker the same. There's room enough for one very petite person to walk around......kind of.
    A few other sad things include a bathroom that feels as big as a school locker. The sink and counter top are so small, there's no place to put a shaving kit on it.The bathroom fan is so weak, a hot shower turns the tiny room into a sauna. In my bathroom the toilet seat was loose.
     Beside the insanely small room size, the hotel just felt cheap and cheaply managed. Also be warned, if your thinking family vacation in Atlanta, the cheaper price attracts concert goers, which usually means loud and drunk guests. Someone was banging on a door trying to get in at 2 AM, for an hour then first night I was there.
The place is a bit cheaper than some of the other downtown hotels, but in this case you hardly even get what you paid for.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Alex K
HIEAtlanta, Asst. Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We apologize that our facilities and service did not exceed your expectations. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality again soon.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Generally stay at top hotel chains when visiting Atlanta, for guaranteed comfort, but chose this hotel as it was close to, and walking distance of, Philips Arena and the fact that the Justin Timberlake tickets set us back a pretty penny (but well worth the price, however, I digress). I wasn't sure what to expect from the downtown hotel but was pleasantly surprised at how nice and clean the facility was. We parked in the garage across the street from the hotel for $15/night. Take the parking ticket with you to the hotel desk when you check in, for their rate, otherwise it will cost you $24 to get out of the garage. You can also Valet with the hotel for $25. I don't know about you but I haven't paid anything less than $30/night for ANY downtown parking, anywhere! Breakfast (6:30 - 9:30 a.m.) was included in the price and is located on the Mezzanine level. There was also free internet.

There were three small elevators (limit 5 passengers each). I was afraid that since we were in an old building the elevators would feel like they were being hand cranked up but they were actually pretty fast.

We stayed on the Ninth floor in a King room. The room was small and long at our initial view but arranged nicely and we didn't feel it was too small once we settled in. The room included a microwave & fridge and was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Not a great view out our windows but we planned to attend the concert so weren't planning on staying in the room and staring out the window much anyway.

Peachtree Street was 2 blocks away and there were vast choices for restaurants, bars, and shopping in the area. Downtown Atlanta is currently under construction for putting in place a trolly system that you can hop on and travel all over downtown easily.

We ended up eating at Hard Rock Cafe for dinner before the concert and went to Meehan's and the Metro Cafe Diner for drinks after the concert.

Valet and the front desk were extremely friendly every time we entered or left the building and we will definitely stay here again the next time we attend a concert or plan to stay in downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Taracola
HIEAtlanta, Asst Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown. We sincerely appreciate your recognition and feedback. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I was scared to look at hotel's for Atlanta on the internet due to a bad experience I had years ago and was led to a roach motel. Fortunately, this one was as nice as it showed on the computer. From the moment that we pulled up we were greeted by some very friendly people. Valet service was amazing at $25.00. I figured paying that was worth the peace of mind. Went into the elevator and up to our room, and I was pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious, had a separate sitting room and little kitchen area. The bed was big, and we had two TV's. Since we were in town for a concert, I was happy that I could walk to the venue since it was literally about 2 blocks away. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
HIEAtlanta, Asst. Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the service you were provided. Please allow us to welcome you to our address again very soon.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Thank goodness Holiday Inn bought this hotel from Super 8. I almost croaked when I drove up and realized this was the same building I had stayed in many years ago when Super 8 had it! I vowed to never return--I am still haunted by the filth. Moving on-- pros, Holiday Inn has definitely cleaned this place up. It was clean and the beds were very comfortable. Cons, the rooms are VERY small. Our television wasn't working so I told the man at the front desk and he told me sometimes the t.v.'s go out when it is raining because of the satellite. I then pointed to the t.v. In the main foyer, next to the front desk and asked why that t.v. was working. No explanation. A happy ending was had when the nice maintenance guy came in and reset out t.v. Twice and it worked from that time on. Other than that, things went alright in the efficiency-sized double room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
HIEAtlanta, Asst. Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown! We are glad to hear that your overall experience exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you as our guests again very soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Was recently in Atlanta for the SEC Championship Game and picked this hotel for location and based on reviews. I was not disappointed. We had four adults in a bigger room with two double beds and we had plenty of space. All of the staff (especially Darrin) were amazingly friendly; even putting up with us trying to teach them our college fight song. The location was perfect, easy walking distance to the Georgia Dome, Philips Arena, Centennial Park, CNN Center and lots of restaurants. Yes, parking is $15 per night but the garage is easily accessible and I don't find that unreasonable for a downtown location. Hallways and elevators are a bit dated, but nothing that would prevent me from staying here again. View just depends on your location; ours wasn't spectacular (brick wall) but other people in our group had a nice city view. I'm hoping Mizzou makes it to the SEC Championship again, and if they do, we'll definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
HIEAtlanta, Asst. Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for your kind compliments of our address. We value all of our guests and we are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay. Allow us to welcome you again soon.