“Great Service”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #63 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is kind of old, the rooms kind of small. But, the service is fantastic. My 7.5 month pregnant wife needed to rest on our checkout day and they gave us a very late checkout. They were extremely helpful re: parking. And, when we left our iPad in the room, they found it, placed it in lost & found, and, upon my request, Fedex'ed it to me the next day. They really try to take care of their guests' needs and that goes a long way.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NeinNeinNein
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown! We are glad to hear that your overall experience exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you as our guests again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel itself was your average hotel, room, bathroom flat screen etc. It was the employees that put it over the top. Let's face it, I knew I wasn't staying at The Ritz, but the employees were all so welcoming and warm, and seemed to enjoy their jobs, and helping their guests. That to me is worth so much more than a mint on my pillow. Specifically Flourette at the front desk was smiling the entire time she helped us, along with everyone else she engaged. The ladies at the breakfast buffet were warm and engaging, the valet, etc. We are pretty low key travelers and have both worked in hospitality, and found it refreshing that the employees were not giving "canned" responses to questions.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown. We sincerely appreciate your recognition and feedback.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Well I love new and renovated holiday inns. This was a total let down for me. The hotel staff is good... But this place looks like the 1980s. Aside from that, the breakfast et al are mediocre with not much selection. Internet connection was free but would die every minute or so.
Dunno about the.holiday inn centennial. Perhaps a better choice.
The good thing is you can walk to cnn, coke world and the aquarium. For me stay an ambience are important. Don't like dingy old places like this holiday inn express

Stayed: May 2014
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay with us. We are very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback. We hope that you will consider giving us another chance.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

My husband and I are pretty easy travelers. And this hotel fit our needs just fine. The room was incredibly small for having two double beds it. We were thankful to be traveling with only backpacks because anything bigger would have been a problem. The beds were very comfortable. The HVAC unit was very functional.

The biggest problem, and what gave us quite the giggle, was the size of the bathroom. I have never seen a hotel bathroom this small, except for my one cruise ship trip. We had to hurdle the toilet to get in the shower- we found it funny but I suspect most wouldn't. On the positive side, it was a great shower! Lots of pressure, space and hot water.

Everything seemed clean but I would probably elect to same somewhere else if I return to Atlanta in the future.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jillsousa
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Reviewed 7 May 2014

When we got to our room it was a TINY box with two double beds that you could barely walk around and between. So I called to see if they had a room with one bed that we could both fit into. At first they said 'no', but then he put me on hold and said "bring your stuff down and we will move you." I was happy about that since the beds were so small that our feet hung over the ends (we are 5' 8" and 5' 9" tall, not giants!). However after we dragged our bags back to the front desk a different guy was also there and he rudely said "we have no rooms we can't move you!" So I asked, "Then why did he tell us to bring our bags back down so he could move us?" And he said, "He didn't know!" So I said "fine." I was fine with "we are sold out tonight so I'm sorry we do not have another room available." but don't have us drag our bags down to the front desk and be rude to us!

The next morning I called down to see if we could get another room for the second night since the beds were HORRIBLE and the room WAY TOO SMALL for a normal person and I got the NICEST person ever! She was great and said "Oh we can hook you up tonight. Anything for you, you are a GOLD rewards member." She apologized for the inconvenience and placed us in a beautiful suite for the second night. I wrote up a WONDERFUL review on HER specifically so they would know how great she is.

Unfortunately, SHE was the ONLY saving grace from this hotel because I also wrote up a complaint about the first night and I found that they had placed 2 $20 charges on my VISA which I assumed was for parking, but my reservation said parking is only $15/night so I sent in a request for a $10 refund.

I figured if they would handle and rectify the situation professionally that I would not rip on them on tripadvisor...unfortunately, they did not.

I received a call from a woman from there telling me in a VERY condescending voice that the charges were just for incidentals and they would be refunded shortly. I said "But those were the only charges from your hotel, so does that mean you didn't charge me for parking at all?" And she said my reservation does not show that I parked. "So I said okay great." The weird thing was that she kept arguing with me saying things like "Parking isn't free for any downtown hotel." And I said, "I never complained about paying for parking, I simply wanted to pay the correct amount."

She also brought up my complaint about the first night in a very rude and accusatory way saying, "That is my standard room and that is what your reservation came over for!" And I told her that is fine, that was not what I was complaining about, if you read the complaint it was about having to drag our stuff back to the front desk just to have a manager be rude to us that I complained about. She continued to be very rude and argumentative until I finally just said, "Fine, I will NEVER stay there again so it doesn't matter." And I meant what I said...I will NEVER stay there again!!!

Travelers beware their "standard rooms are HORRIBLE!!!"

Room Tip: Only go for a suite. The Standard rooms have tiny, short double beds and barely enough floor space t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RQ-Traveler12
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

I appreciate the feedback you have provided and apologize that your stay was anything less than exceptional. Your satisfaction and loyalty is a priority to The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality the next time you travel to Atlanta.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

One of the most important thing that you look when you are away from home is a hotel managed with honest, competent, and friendly people. The chain in charge of this franchise should be take care of its brand and supervise closely what kind of employees are in charge of their hotels. The departure day on February 27 the person in charge of the front desk charged the total bill of 5 days in cash, he received 1,026 dollars. However, my credit card had a charge for 254 dollars. I have tried to get a response from the manager, Divya, for about two months without a any success. I claim a dispute in my credit card institution and I received from them the support documents sent by the front desk manager, Mr. Malik Cliette. It included a "copy" of the receipt which was not copy of the original receipt, showing that they not only made a mistake with the charge but they are trying to support their mistake with an altered document that not even have the signature of the client. Shame of them! I travel of the time for work and vacation and I will never go to that chain of hotels again. It is clear that group of employees do not know the concept of customer lifetime value! They took 254 dollars but will lose thousands because you lost not only one customer but many of my employees, family members and friends. They won't go never to that hotel or to a holiday inn express.

Before you book to this hotel, think twice! You don't deserve to experience a situation like this one. Choose another hotel, there are hundreds around.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank Deods
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We apologize that our facilities and service did not exceed your expectations. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We staid at the holiday inn downtown Atlanta after flying in from the UK.
It was a lovely clean and tidy establishment with very good staff throughout; the room we was allocated was on the ninth floor was functional however we found it a little small.

The breakfast area located on the mezzanine level was a nice area to start the day with a good selection of food available.

We did have a problem with the parking. Our car along with several others were broken into overnight, the parking is located in a building along the street and was supposed to be security guarded at night however we were told that the compound was locked and not patrolled that night!

The police was called and the officer along with the hotel valet parking attendant (Gene) dealt with the situation professionally and along with a call or two to the rental company (Alamo) we had a replacement car in just over two hours.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple