“If you're an IHG member don't stay here”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #64 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Milton, Florida
“If you're an IHG member don't stay here”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The staff was pleasant however they weren't very accommodating. Check-in process went fine however I was staying for 2 nights and the front desk rep DID NOT tell me that parking was $20.00 PER night. I was under the impression that parking was going to be $20.00 for my entire stay and he never told me any different. Had I known this I would have just paid for the 4$ a day parking right across the street instead of $40.00 for 2 nights. THEN I call the front desk the morning I got my bill under the door and ask them why I was not told about it being 20$ per night and she didn't have anything to say so I asked to speak to a manager and she said she was transferring me. Well I got the managers voice mail and left her a VM of my concern and how I am a employee for IHG and she STILL did not call me back. I just find that very unprofessional. I work for IHG and a manager should ALWAYS return a guest phone call. On top of all that I am a IHG member as well of course and really needed a late checkout and I was only given one for an extra hour because they couldn't accommodate me which I found odd considering they had plenty of rooms left for that day so they didn't need to get mine ready for an arrival. Overall you can tell this hotel isn't concerned about their guest being happy. Not to mention the king room I had was soooo small and there was literally no room for me to move around in because everything was so tightly squeezed. The location of the hotel Is GREAT but other then that I was not impressed at all. The manager really should take more time out to train its staff to help with guests needs and the manager should always call a guest back if they have a complaint. There was absolutely no excuse for this. I will never stay at this hotel again I will choose the full service Holiday Inn next time. I would have rated this hotel somewhat higher but their manager really needs to take responsibility and act like a manager or I would suggest the owners to replace him/her.

Room Tip: King room was VERY small and crowded, get a suite
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Taylor T
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
I appreciate the feedback you have provided and apologize that your stay was anything less than exceptional. Your satisfaction and loyalty is a priority to The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality the next time you travel to Atlanta.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Arabic first
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Very clean, updated rooms. We used the gym, which had just enough equipment for three people and one treadmill was not working. The free hot breakfast was good. Parking is in a parking garage two blocks away and is old and hard to navigate, that was not so great. The service was good and location awesome, we were able to walk to Centennial Park, Georgia Aquarium and Max's Pizza! Would stay again!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown. We appreciate your comments on the service you enjoyed as our guest. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back soon. It was a joy to read your kind comments on your recent stay at our address.
Gravesend, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel the first 2 nights of our touring holiday, very central, very clean and the staff were really lovely and so helpful with everything ie maps, forwarding hotels, absolutely everything the breakfast was such a great touch, thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed June 2014
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is kind of old, the rooms kind of small. But, the service is fantastic. My 7.5 month pregnant wife needed to rest on our checkout day and they gave us a very late checkout. They were extremely helpful re: parking. And, when we left our iPad in the room, they found it, placed it in lost & found, and, upon my request, Fedex'ed it to me the next day. They really try to take care of their guests' needs and that goes a long way.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NeinNeinNein
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown! We are glad to hear that your overall experience exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you as our guests again very soon.
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel itself was your average hotel, room, bathroom flat screen etc. It was the employees that put it over the top. Let's face it, I knew I wasn't staying at The Ritz, but the employees were all so welcoming and warm, and seemed to enjoy their jobs, and helping their guests. That to me is worth so much more than a mint on my pillow. Specifically Flourette at the front desk was smiling the entire time she helped us, along with everyone else she engaged. The ladies at the breakfast buffet were warm and engaging, the valet, etc. We are pretty low key travelers and have both worked in hospitality, and found it refreshing that the employees were not giving "canned" responses to questions.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown. We sincerely appreciate your recognition and feedback.
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Well I love new and renovated holiday inns. This was a total let down for me. The hotel staff is good... But this place looks like the 1980s. Aside from that, the breakfast et al are mediocre with not much selection. Internet connection was free but would die every minute or so.
Dunno about the.holiday inn centennial. Perhaps a better choice.
The good thing is you can walk to cnn, coke world and the aquarium. For me stay an ambience are important. Don't like dingy old places like this holiday inn express

Stayed May 2014
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay with us. We are very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback. We hope that you will consider giving us another chance.
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are pretty easy travelers. And this hotel fit our needs just fine. The room was incredibly small for having two double beds it. We were thankful to be traveling with only backpacks because anything bigger would have been a problem. The beds were very comfortable. The HVAC unit was very functional.

The biggest problem, and what gave us quite the giggle, was the size of the bathroom. I have never seen a hotel bathroom this small, except for my one cruise ship trip. We had to hurdle the toilet to get in the shower- we found it funny but I suspect most wouldn't. On the positive side, it was a great shower! Lots of pressure, space and hot water.

Everything seemed clean but I would probably elect to same somewhere else if I return to Atlanta in the future.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jillsousa
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 11 May 2014