“Mother - Daughter Getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Atlanta Buckhead

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #107 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Tyler, Texas
“Mother - Daughter Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Jackie and Nicolle, at the front desk, were absolutely great. They made checking in a breeze. They were also very helpful when we asked for recommendations for places to visits and providing directions. There was also a large church group staying, so it was a big plus not to have a lot of noisy kids running and playing in the hallways.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Huntsville, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I booked a room with two queen beds a week in advance of my planned stay. I got a special price because I chose the deal that was non-refundable, so my total price for a Saturday night was $112 including taxes. Compared to other hotels in the area, that was a great deal, especially considering there was free parking (other hotels in the area charge $20 per DAY for parking). When my friend and I arrived at around 5:45 PM, the person working the desk (who was there alone on a Saturday night) informed us that the cleaning staff had "left early" that day and failed to clean the room with two queen beds, but they could upgrade us to a suite which meant that my friend would be sleeping on a pull-out couch bed. She agreed to it and the desk attendant took my card into another room to check us in, something was wrong with the computers at the front desk apparently. The suite was nice, two rooms separated by a door. There was a toilet, shower, and sink in the master bath, and off of the living area there was another bathroom with a toilet and shower. There was also a sink, microwave, and mini fridge in a little "kitchen" area in the living room. There were plenty of pillows and blankets and the air conditioning worked great. The real bed was comfortable, the pull-out bed was not. There were TVs in the bedroom and the living room, and the living area also had a desk, chair, and coffee table. There was a roomy closet in the bedroom. The internet did not work well AT ALL, could have been because we were on the 6th floor but I got it to work for about 10 minutes before shutting off. It was late and I didn't feel like going down to bother the desk people about it so I just went to bed, but if I had been traveling for business and needed the internet it could have been a problem. There was some shopping and lots of restaurants nearby, and it was only 5 minutes by car to the Buckhead Theatre where we were attending a concert. All in all, it was fairly comfortable, but with a few hiccups, and since the price was so good, I can't complain.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Cumming, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I and another couple got a double room for 4th of July since we were heading to the Brave's game and didn't want to drive all the way home! Very clean room. Tiny bathroom but it was nice to have the sink outside of it for other people to get ready. Great breakfast. Mini fridge and microwave were great. Decent size pool, need more chairs/tables for sure. It was packed when we went over. Looks recently renovated! The only issue we had was with the front desk. A family member booked this hotel for us with her points so it was already paid for and I told the front desk that, but they still needed our credit card and ended up charging it. We did get it all sorted out and ended up getting the room for free in the end. Just wish they would've listened to me beforehand and this would've never happened. All in all, a great hotel if you're staying in the Buckhead/Atlanta area!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Front desker Jackie was super helpful both days of our stay. She even brought extra towels to the pool herself as soon as I mentioned them running low. (Response time here is something I study.)

Double room was a little small, no good for entertaining friends, but is practical for what it was intended.

Shower/toilet situation was odd. Both were in a small closet-like space, with a pocket door and the sink outside in the main room. Weird, but also efficient. (If you want a tub, get a King room.)

We mentioned our destination of Emory Children's Hospital and were recommended calling in to reserve next time at the Hospital Rate. (I did Priceline.)

Outdoor Pool was decently warm from weather, and plenty large.

Breakfast was better than most free ones, but low on meat options. (Had sausage links, but no BACON.) They did have Chobani though, and that's a first on me. All food was fresh, even pastries.

Located close to a ton of high-rated restaurants, and even a Publix.

Would stay here again.
Thanks Jackie!

Stayed July 2014
Corwin B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Aaron, We thank you for staying with us on your most recent trip to Atlanta. I also thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your stay. We are Proud to have Jackie as an employee, and so happy she gave you a wonderful guest experience. We will use your feedback to improve our Product. Thank you for staying with us, and have a wonderful week!
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here last night on our way to Hilton Head.

Our suite was super clean and the pull out bed was made up for our boys. They even had snacks (chips, candy, popcorn) laid out on the table.

Everything was ship-shape in the room.

All of the staff were kind and helpful. The location is great.

They also had a very nice breakfast buffet.

We'll definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it.

1 Thank JBrackett-Nashville
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Staff was very nice and helpful. Room was very nice, everything was clean and like new. Breakfast was very good with a pancake machine that made the pancakes fresh, also fruit,cereal,sausage and eggs. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I must say that I have been to several Holiday Inn's in my life, and quiet frankly I am more favorable to staying in a full service hotel located in the heart of downtown- but this hotel will greatly have my business again! The suite we were complimentary upgraded to was breathtaking! It was beautiful. The staff was very friendly and personable- not "robotic by book procedures". They were funny, sincere, genuine and nice! The breakfast bar was your typical complimentary hot breakfast but that didn't phase me because if I wanted something else I could go out and get something else.

The only downside to this hotel was that because the pool is outdoor's, the pool closes at 10:00pm. Overall, our stay was fantastic! Beautiful suites, wonderful property, and nice staff. I will definitely be staying again and requesting my exact room number on the 5th floor. Also, the complimentary laundry was a huge plus! Seeing how our clothes got wet at Six Flags.

My only suggestion would be to have the warm cookies upon check in! ;-)

Great Hotel!