“Average Hotel--Great Location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #88 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Memphis
“Average Hotel--Great Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

Decided to stay the weekend in Atlanta after a work trip further upstate. Ended up getting this hotel for under $60/night on Priceline.

Positives:
Great location. In the heart of Buckhead, about 2 blocks from city train and not too far from Lenox Mall, AMC Fork & Screen, Phipps Plaza and a whole host of other great places.
Check-in and out was very smooth. I arrived before Check-in time and they were able to accomodate me, plus change my room type! Everyone was extremely helpful in the hotel. Its the little things that count, like greeting you everytime you walked in the door, as well as saying 'Have a nice time out' when you leave.
Food in the bar/restaurant area didn't seem too expensive, however I only had a lite breakfast and the price seemed about the same as if I went to Starbucks. The hotel also offered free internet.
The room itself was okay, nothing to write home about. Though it was nicely decorated (the same goes for the lobby of the hotel). However, I did enjoy the separation of the sink and the rest of the bathroom and the small couch included in my King-bed room. The bed was comfortable for the most part. Also, they offered iHome units in the room (however, I couldn't seem to get mine to work).

Negatives:
I had trouble trying to adjust the thermostat. It seems like their wasn't a switch to indicate whether you wanted air or heat, plus the unit was loud. The bathroom was a nice size but it desired a little more cleaning for my taste. The stopper had come unscrewed in the bathtub. The floor also got wet after showering, even though I took the proper precautions to prevent this from happening. The doors to the room slammed extra loud, compared to other hotels I have stayed in. This was evident at 3AM when a door slammed somewhere near me and woke me up out of my sleep because at first I thought something had fell. Though I didn't bring a car, they charge parking.

All in all, not a bad hotel, you get what you pay for. However, their are some other hotels in the area that might be a bit better and not much more in price.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Court18

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I got this hotel from a shot in the dark on Priceline. I paid $45 and booked one night. I got there on a Thursday and to my surprise, they had a free dinner going on weeknights in the area where you eat continental breakfast. It was awesome with free beer/wine and spaghetti dinner with salad and all the trimmings. Just like continental breakfast, but for dinner. A great idea. The staff were friendly and funny. My room was huge. Had a very comfy Queen bed, kitchen, desk, couch and flat screen TV. Also a large bathroom area. It was like a studio apartment. It was in a very nice place, safe, no crime or sketchy people. The area is rich and heading north is a very rich area. I loved the place and I've never stayed in Atlanta before, so that's why I only booked one night. The next morning, I booked a second night. There was no reason to move hotels. Well worth the $45 per night. Try Priceline and bid $45 for it...I got it for half price !! Nice people and a nice pace to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Wetherby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

We were booked in to this hotel for two nights as part of a group. The general reception area was clean and tidy with some easy chairs. Check-in was efficient and staff were very
pleasant. The allocated room accessed by lift was very good. Breakfast was included, and the range and quality of food was very good as was the service. We did take advantage of the bar meals on one occasion. The bar service was good and pleasantly provided. One of the internet computors did experience problems and could not be resolved immediately in spite of quick attention from a member of the hotel management. There were however alternative terminals available.
The location is good for business, although a little distant from the downtown centre of Atlanta.
One slight negative was when enquiring about transfers to the airport. We were offered taxi or private car for between $40-$50. No mention was made of the direct train from a subway station 8/10 minutes walk away costing only $6. We independently chose the latter.
Overall our stay represented a good experience

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

I am a Marriott Platinum member, and stay at a lot of Marriott properties throughout the world. On a recent trip to Atlanta, I needed to stay in the Buckhead area, and came across the Courtyard on Peachtree avenue. Typically, when I stay at Courtyards, it's a bit of a "compromise". I'm trying to save a bit and recognize that i'll be getting less in services. However, this hotel was really not a compromise at all. You can tell it's been recently renovated. The room and lobby were very clean, light, and spacious. The bistro restaurant in the lobby had an excellent breakfast, including healthy options and fresh brewed Starbucks coffee. The fitness center was small, but for a Courtyard it was certainly ample. The staff was delightful and very helpful. I would highly recommend this property for those business travelers going to Buckhead.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

Nothing major to say about the property. Front desk staff was nice, the lobby and fireplace were pretty, and the fruit-flavored water was yummy. Did not eat at the restaurant. I enjoyed the decor, the room was a good size and modern (but a bit tight for my suitcase), nice desk for working. Got a good price for $98.

A few quibbles though: elevators were very slow and I think one was out of service; Wall Street Journals were all gone by 8 am Friday morning, which is kind of a big deal for me; housekeeping came around 9 on a weekend morning, walls were thin which meant a lot of noise from neighboring rooms and people walking by, and I couldn't figure out how to print from the computers in the lobby.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Joseph T
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

It wasnt great and it wasnt bad. The valet and front desk were very friendly. I was there for my bday weekend. I had cash and my bank is not in Georgia. They waived the need for a credit card which was very appreciated. They gave me some hints for me and my girlfriend to do around the area. Only thing I can say was bad was the restaurant. I wish it had a better selection of food and was open later. But with all the restaurants in the area that stay open all night i couldnt really complain. Dont stay if your looking for the ultimate luxury. If your looking for a nice clean hotel this might be the place for you. Also the dates I stayed were in June so there was no construction at that time.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tnfuturedr
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

Stayed here for a work meeting, the whole place is under construction. Smell of paint everywhere and banging and sawing can be heard throughout the day. Staff are not terribly friendly. No restaurant or proper bar or roomservice. Once the renovations are done, I am sure this place will be lovely, but check to see if construction is ongoing before staying here.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business