“Great Weekend!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #81 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Saint Matthews, South Carolina
“Great Weekend!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

Spent the weekend here and it was great. The checkin was smooth and Christian (I think that was his name) was super nice. So was the everyone else. The Bistro was good as well. A little expensive but the food was good. Stayed on the 6th floor with a great view. Nice area for shopping and eating!!! The only thing I could say bad is the parking was $20 a day. Other than that it was a wonderful stay!!!

Room Tip: High Floors are the best!!! The view is excellent.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Trissta G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

I have visited this property for approximately 10+ yrs at least once a year, and I am sad to say it is losing its appeal. Initially, it housed an excellent retaurant (unique to Courtyards in general) which served breakfast and dinner, and the chef was very competent. That has since disappeared. On this last visit I was informed that the valet parking is now no longer available due to cost factors...hmmm, and all this time I thought I was paying for it! If you are a fitness buff you will fined the fitness area small, which one can easily adapt to, BUT, there are no wipes available (cost?) with which to clean the equipment, and the overall impression/appearnce is that this area has not had a deep cleaning for some time from floor, to equipment, etc. And finally, the overall appearance of the property is not the usual crisp and clean impression that this property once projected. It once had a vibrant feel but that is gone! Oh, and I forgot to mention that when I took my shower I noticed that whomever ordered the shower curtains, did so but misssed the measurement by 4-6 inches...too long! Hence, you are standing on the end of the shower curtain while bathing! I don't know about you, but that creeps me out! I would hope the tub is cleaned by housekeeping, but the curtains? I think not. It's just plain creepy to be standing on something that a prior guest did similarly. CREEPY! On that issue I spoke to the general manager and shared my 'creepy' sense, hoping that by my return later that evening I would find the matter addressed...not so...nothing was done!
As to the isssue of valet parking, this is a business centered hotel property and I always reserve a suite to facilitate meetings and interviews, etc. Now I am faced with helping my guests find parking? Not exactly the appearance I am accustomed to at all! All this said I must express my satisfaction overall with the front desk staff who are personable, attentive, and friendly...but the jury is out as to my whether my future plans to Atlanta will include this property. As a Marriott Platinum Rewards member I sad to see a propety with so much potential languishing in mediocrity.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

This is a good business option if you need to stay in Buckhead. The rooms were clean and the staff helpful. You should be careful with the on-site parking as it is often filled beyond capacity. It is also difficult to locate if you are not familiar with the area.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank demetgolf
Henstedt-Ulzburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

I stayed two nights in this hotel. The rooms are big and nice, only the curtain needs a wash. The rooms are quite. Mine was on the ninth floor.

Urprisingly breakfast is not included in the weekend rate.

There is one wish. I used a GPS to find the location. There is just a little sign with the hotel. Since there are a couple its not easy to see. The hotel is located in a side street and not visible from the main street. Advantage is that there is no noise coming from the traffic.

Room Tip: Take a room up since there is more light.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Keule1965
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

I was here for a weekend and it was very nice. There isn't either valet or room service, but I managed to get by! The room was immaculate and the view was perfect! When I reserved the room I was asked for my preference of room(high/low floor, feather or regular pillows, extra pillows, crib, rollaway, early check-in. etc.) I liked how they wanted to accommodate each guest. I have a mini living room and the sofa was also a bed. What really made me happy was the entire hotel is smoke free and the best thing at all......*drum roll please* FREE INTERNET! It was a really nice stay! Only down side is there is $20/day for parking :( which I would have preferred to keep that in my pocket!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Yonyr06
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

This place has a lot going for it but some how still preforms poorly. Its right in the middle of everything which is great, the building looks new or at least recently remodeled. The staff are friendly but again they still manage to get it wrong.
1.Nice big flat screen, thats good I thought, now I can hook up my sons Wii and buy some quite time for the wife and I. WRONG. The TV has all the connections needed to hook up a lap top or video game, but in an attempt to make sure you use their over priced pay movie service, they have the TVs set not to pick up the AV channels needed to play a game or use the screen for your laptop. They took a TV chopped out all the parts that make it a big nice TV and leave you with just a screen.
2. We take our son for a night time swim in the nice heated pool only to get suck without towels, no big deal just ask the front desk right? The lady at the desk was very nice and said she would have some sent out to the pool. She was very nice the next three times we asked for towels again over the next 45 min. Come to find out whoever is in charge of the towels doesnt speak English and no one spoke Spanish. So this stupid place pretty much extended my sons bed time by half an hour just because they couldnt do their job and keep the pool area stocked and didnt think it was important to hire someone who could talk to coworkers or guest.
Just stay away from this place. Even with a discount this place is an epic fail. Do yourself a favor spend the little extra and stay at the Double tree right across the street. I could not be more happy that tonight is the last night of our stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank James I
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012 via mobile

Nice place if your in for a quick business trip or just traveling through. Has a gym and a cafe on premises. Very nice staff. The place looks pretty new and is located in a business park surrounded by office towers. It is pretty central to downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed December 2012