“Good location. Tired rooms”

Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #83 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed here for one night on a business trip. Tony at the front desk was friendly and helpful but clearly the hotel was understaffed as he tried to help me and three other people. Strange parking deck that I did not necessarily feel safe in as a single female traveler. I would probably stay here again now that I know where it is because it seems to be a decent option but would like the rooms to have an update. I was working in my room for part of my stay and realized that this Courtyard was not as updated as most.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Pleasant experience and located in a safe area. If you are looking for somewhere to eat in the area I recommend the Southern Art & Bourbon Bar for Sunday brunch it is just a few minutes walk from the hotel. Make your reservation for noon, that is when the live Jazz starts and when they can legally serve mimosas with your meal :)

Pro's:
Hotel was clean
Staff was friendly
price
close to Marta station

Con's:
Walls seemed a little thin, could hear the people next door whenever they talked on their phone
Pool was VERY small & no hot tub
Location was farther than I would have liked from downtown, next time I think we will will stay downtown

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SBgirl_13
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week in March 2014 to attend company meetings and then a trade show. The staff at the hotel is very friendly and helpful but the management is very poor. There is only one person working in the café and the lines are always long. The same person who works the register also makes the food which is not the best set up. Also, during the meetings at the hotel, they forgot to order lunch which had already been paid for so we had to contact Jimmy Johns.

The room was small and cluttered with too much furniture for such a small room. The only reason I am giving this three stars is due to how friendly the staff was even though they also understand how poor the management is at the facility.

One of the most positive things is that this hotel is near a variety of great restaurants. It would probably be better to stay across the street at the Hampton Inn since they offer free breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a high floor room and stay away from the café if you are in a hurry.
1  Thank Waltp61
Reviewed 10 April 2014

As background, I am a regular business traveller, spending 4 nights a week away from home.

I stayed here - not thru choice - for about 3 months this year. The hotel reception area is normal Marriott fayre. That's about the only good thing I can say. The rooms are really tired & the walls are pretty thin - I could hear my neighbor sneeze. When I reported an issue with the room, I was told that all the rooms are the same & basically I should live with it. The fitness room was also pretty tired with most of the equipment being old.

When paying my bill, many weeks something would be wrong & it would take 15-30 mins for them to 'fix' it, only for the same problem to occur the following week. I had colleagues who had similar issues with overcharges, sometimes hundreds of dollars that would take the hotel weeks to fix - to the point they would just dispute it with their credit card company to get it fixed.

Finally, it was pretty clear to me that the staff didn't really care. They read the script that Marriott provided - e.g. 'Welcome back, Mr X' but there was no sincerity in their voice. And that feeling was borne out by the fact that they didn't fix issues.

Room Tip: My advice would be to stay at the DoubleTree across the road
Reviewed 8 April 2014

If you like to be treated like a VIP then this Marriott Courtyard is your kind of place! Mr. Fred and Mr. Chris will greet you with a smile and remember your name during your stay. They provide helpful assistant to get you where you are going and help you with managing your luggage, logistics. They demonstrate the attitude that each guest is a VIP. The hotel's amenities and decor is refreshing. This hotel is in an excellent location that serves your vacation getaway needs or business traveler needs. There are lots of quality hotel choices in Buckhead. Choose this Courtyard and you'll be very pleased!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I travel to this area a lot and decided to book this property for a 2 week stay. After riding MARTA to the Buckhead station with a collegue from the Airport and call the hotel shuttle, I will tell you that we were made to feel that we were really inconveniencing the shuttle driver as his comment was to walk as it might be faster. We then spoke with the front desk for directions and he sent us walking in the opposite direction after proper north south and landmarks were established (walk toward Magiano's restaurant) We got as far as the Lenox mall before realinzing this was far in the wrong direction..... enough on this first moments impression.

The room was very small and almost no soundproofing, as I had to make numerous complaints to the front desk about parties next door that were carrying to multiple rooms and the hall.

The room is very dark and depressing due to their choice of wall paper in the room, the window is very small too limiting the amount of light into the room so overall, poor lighting. The small loveseat was so badly worn out that the 2 cushions sank poorly in the center and was very hard. After speaking with 3 people at the front desk over a period of 3 days with little help, I cancelled my second week there and moved to another hotel where I knew I would be very comfortable for the same or less money!

I can tell you that I will not add this hotel to my list of places to stay at again when coming the the Northern Atlanta area.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location. Walking distance to all the Lenox shops and restaurants. Small rooms but very clean. The staff is fantastic! Nice little bar downstairs also and a cafe for breakfast and dinner. Had a meeting there for work and the service was incredible. Breakfast and snacks provided through the day. Great job Marriott!

• Stayed: February 2014