“First and Last Time”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport
Ranked #97 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
“First and Last Time”
Reviewed 7 May 2011

This is my first time coming to Doubletree after hearing so many great things from my boyfriend and I am HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED. First of all, why do I have to pay $10 a night to park...per car?? Shouldn't that be complimentary for such mediocre accommodations? I asked for a smoking room and got a smoking handicapped room. The rooms were ok besides the fact there was no fridge, I had to walk downstairs to use the microwave and the old model ac unit had broken knobs so I couldn't adjust the settings. Then the breakast was terrible. The variety of foods included powdered eggs and cheap sausage for $13. Then we arent even allowed to eat in the comfort of our own beds. I got this reservation to surprise my boyfriend and I feel my $171 was in vain. Never again.

• Stayed May 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 August 2010

I was put up at the hotel after a flight delay and i must say I was very disappointed. what really made me annoyed was the courtesy shuttle driver told everyone it was $1 a bag.

Checkin
The front desk clerk was very nice at midnight and she worked pretty fast since there would be a big group all show up at once. There must have been a lot of delays that night.

Room
Not bad looked a little run down and not kept that well. OH plus it STUNK! it had a musty damp smell.

Bed
The bed was just fine. The pillows were fine also. Some were a bit soft.

Bathroom
Sort of gross. Discolored ceiling and looked beat up.

AC
The AC did not work well at all. ran most of the night and the room never got really cool. Didn't help with the smell either.

TV
TV was one of the best things. Good selection of channels.

Shuttle
The one to the hotel was fine but the like i said earlier the one in the morning was a disappointment. First off we sat, or stood, in a full bus for 15 minutes while the driver walked inside and made some phone calls. Then when he told people it was $1 a bag I just walked off with my $1 in my hand.

Overall it was a disappointment. I thought I lucked out with the Doubletree but i wish i got something else. Skip this hotel and save your money.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 July 2010

We made res. thru Expedia. We checked the "details" specifically for free wifi and parking. On checking in the fron desk clerk requested $10 for parking. When we showed her our reservation which clearly stated parking was free, she replied "thats Expedia, not Doubletree. Its $10". We requested to see a manager. After several trips back, the clerk handed back the ticket and said he'd comped the parking. We asked if we couldnt speak to him, she said "Its comped so you would be happy." The manager never came out. We called Doubletree and they registered the complain at which time the manager called our room and proceeded to argue. He was more rude than the clerk. Doubletree explained that this hotel was a franchise and there really wasnt anything they could do. Well there is something we came do, not staay with Doubletree again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank kwlax
Atlanta, Ga
Reviewed 8 June 2010

I was bumped off a Delta flight to London a couple of weeks ago and was put up for the night at this hotel. The room was comfortable with a good bed and cooling system, and the hotel was very clean. The staff was also very friendly. My biggest issue with the hotel was the food service. I consider it to have been poor even by airport hotel standards. Doubletree could make more of an effort in this regard. I was also disappointed that I was not offered a signature Doubletree cookie on check-in, but since I wasn't paying for the room, I didn't complain.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 31 May 2010

This Doubletree hotel is a very average property. The hotel is older, but overall in good shape. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient, getting me to my room quickly.

Bathroom:
The only negative about the bathroom is the shower. I’m 6’1” and had to squat down a bit to get under the shower head.

Beds:
The beds are very comfortable and have 4 pillow options per bed.

Tech:
Flat screen TV with usual cable channels; including HBO. Internet access is NOT free and is very slow.

Restaurant:
The restaurant staff could use some additional training. They were not rude, but they definitely were not attentive to the customers. I had to ask for coffee twice from the server, only to see her count the money in her register before bringing me the carafe. I had finished my breakfast at that point, so just got it to go.

General Property:
Free shuttle to/from airport every half hour. $10 a night to park.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Georgia
Reviewed 25 October 2009

stayed at the hotel to attend a banquet. The service was very good from the welcome we got at the front desk to the food that was served at the banquet. The room was very clean. We did not know this hotel was there, but we will stay there again if the opportunity ever comes up.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
fairylova
Reviewed 20 October 2009

I was stranded at the Atlanta airport after missing my flight overseas. I submitted a bid on priceline and was pleasantly surprised at the result. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. The lounge area was dead so I walked about 10 minutes to a strip mall area and ate at Spondivits, a local seafood place. The hotel was nice, quiet and very convenient to the airport. My only complaint was the night I arrived the hotel shuttle was operating about 10 minutes behind schedule.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North
Staybridge Suites Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#85 of 172 in Atlanta

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!