“Pefect choice if you want to stay near the airport”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport
Ranked #92 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We stayed here the night before leaving Atlanta so we could catch an early flight. It was a great choice. The hotel is really quite elegant, especially for the AAA price. People on the staff go out of their way to be friendly and helpful. They provide van rides to the terminal every half hour, no reservations necessary. They offer free wi-fi. And just up the street is a fun place to eat a bucket of crab legs and down a few beers. What more does life offer? I'll definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We got upgraded to a corner room, which was very large and comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Virgil H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Thank you so much, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I really appreciate you telling me how the staff treated you, I will be sure to share them this information, so that we can keep it up and continue to do our best. Spondivits is the place for the crab legs and beer and yes on a nice evening is a great way to unwind. Thank you again, we look forward to hosting you again

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here on a Saturday evening. Had an unbelievably low rate, and as a Diamond member got free breakfast and parking. Staff was very nice and helpful. The room was large and spotless. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Virgil H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us with feedback on your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Airport. I see that you were able to take advantage of our special weekend rates. I am glad that you enjoyed it. Please continue to look for these discounted stays as we do them from time to time. I look forward to you staying with us and i will share your feedback with the staff.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Nice hotel (but did not have a suite). Clean and close to the airport. Food was OK. Can't beat the price. Good for business and short stays.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Virgil H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay with us. I am very happy to see that we were able to take care of you while here. It is our pleasure to host you and all of our guest and pleased that you are able to provide us with the kind words. I have spoken with our food team and adivsed them that the food is just OK, and so we are going to strive to have it GREAT! We will be implementing a new fresh menu with better consistency in the near future. We look forward to having you stay with us again and letting us know if we have improved it.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Clean enough, nice staff. But if you have a 3pm check in, do not expect to get in at that time if the hotel was full the night before. We did not get in till 4pm.
We did get a breakfast coupon for the next morning.
The breakfast is horrible! So sad...I did not know that eggs could be over salted and not great, but that was the case.

I like the location and again, the staff is very very nice.

I have stayed there before and probably will again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Virgil H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Thank you so much for giving us the feedback. I do apologize for the inconvenience of not having your room ready by the check in time. It was not acceptable by me to have that happen. I will most definitely look into that situation as we want to ensure we can meet our guest expectations. As for the breakfast, I will have that situation fixed immediately. I agree there is no reason for salty eggs. I have shared your review with my staff to show how not paying attention to the details will affect how our guest such as you perceive us. Thank you again for staying with us, the feedback and the great words on the staff.
I look forward to having you stay again and letting us know if we have improved.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Lively hotel with full service bar and restaruant. Very friendly staff and great warm chocolate chip cookie at check in. Spondivits restaruant and easy walk and worth every step.
Only con is the bathroom only had hair conditioner but no shampoo! I'm sure it was just a one time oversight.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rlamond
Virgil H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Thank you so much for the kind words. We truly appreciate each and every person that stays with us. Without you all we would not be employed. Thank you for the feed back, I will definitely share your words with the staff and I will make sure we take care of the shampoo oversight, Thank you for the feedback. We look forward to you staying with us again if you are back in the area.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

My family and I recently spent the weekend in atlanta airport location. The evening and night staff was extreamly nice. They made the stay one to remember. Thanks to the front desk manager, and clerk. O yea if you ask for a cookie after Midnight it cost $10.00. (she was just joking lol)

WOULD STAY AGAIN SO SHOULD YOU.

ONLY BAD THING WAS THE ROOMS KINDA SMELLED LIKE URINE....

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Virgil H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel. I am very grateful to you for staying with us and providing the feedback. It is good to have this information so I can share with the staff that their efforts are truly paying off.
Thank you again.
Virgil H

Reviewed 30 January 2012

We recently had an overnight layover in Atlanta. We stayed at the DoubleTree. I found this hotel to be an excellent value. It is literally five minutes from the airport. The room was very nice. Our bed was especially comfortable and we enjoyed a very restful night.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Charles L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property on TripAdvisor. I am very grateful that you did so. It is our intent to exceed all guest expectation and we truly strive to do so. Thank you, I will make sure I pass on your review to the staff. We look forward to hosting you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Staybridge Suites Atlanta Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#90 of 172 in Atlanta
Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!