“Nice Hotel! Great Price!!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport
Ranked #95 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Indianapolis
“Nice Hotel! Great Price!!”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I stayed in here Memorial Weekend. The check-in process was quick and easy. When I asked about switching rooms because the other guests (next door) were loud, it was painless. The housekeeping staff were very helpful. The beds were comfortable. The pool was dirty and hot tub was not working. They shouldn't be charging $10 per day to park, but even with that charge I still paid less than normal. The hotel staff were personable and the cookies were great!! I would stay at this hotel, again, because of the location, cleanliness and exceptional service that I received from them!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marinka_12
Virgil H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We truly appreciate the fact that you enjoyed your stay. I have spoken with the team about making sure they get the pool cleaned in a timely basis and keep it that way. Thank you again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 May 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Doubletree Hotel Atlanta Airport for a recent weekend when we visited Atlanta because one of her cousins was giving a concert in Fairburn. The room was quiet and comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The location was convenient; we were able to get to our room quickly after our arrival and to settle down for the night. We also liked the bar. And then, of course, theere were the chocolate chip cookies!
This was not our first experience with Doubletree hotels; we had gotten married a couple of months earlier at a Doubletree and spent our wedding night there. I would recommend Doubletree hotels to anyone.
And let me not forget to mention the excellent and friendly service Tarla gave us at the check-in counter.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors have the best view.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Copperas Cove, Texas
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I'm a picky bed person and only love my Tempurpedic...but this bed was incredibly comfortable. We had a 7th floor room and could see the airport slightly in the distance...I thought a great view! I had a great quesadilla in the restaurant and sat out by the pool that my daughter loved. It's a nice big pool. I would say the only thing I didn't like was that it wasn't convenient to walk to a fast food place or anywhere.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Virgil H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. I appreciate the fact that you stayed with us and gave us the opportunity to host you. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the beds and pool. I will be sure to pass on this review to the staff as I know they will feel great.
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 3 May 2012

This hotel was great. The staff was friendly. The room was nice and comfortable. Free parking for status members. I wish that I would have stayed here for the duration of my 4 day trip.

1 Thank normalhepkat
Thank you for your feedback. I am grateful for the words. I will share this as well as the others with the staff of the hotel so that we can continue to strive to be the best we can be. I hope you do have the opportunity to stay with us in the future.
Live Oak, Florida
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed at the DoubleTree last night. They do charge $10 for parking, which I think is

unreasonable. Actually, they charge for everything....(internet, etc).

However, I did enjoy using the business center where they provide computers and printers.

The room was nice but the bathroom title had stains and the carpet was ripped in front of the bathroom.

The front desk is slow and not very friendly in the evening. The morning staff seemed more chipper.

They offer free rides to the airport and that was great. They charge $5.00 for parking on the days you do not stay there.

2 Thank liveoak_traveler
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I apologize for the behavior of the front desk staff as I will be doing a retraining session with them. I would like to know how you came about the charge for internet, because we offer complimentary internet service throughout the hotel. I would like to address immediately if I can so as not to confuse any future guests.
Thank you again for the feedback and I will take your words to assist my staff on how we can exceed guest expectations.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We were there simply as a layover to fly out of the Atlanta airport at 8am the next morning. Didn't arrive until 9pm, but the front desk was lack-luster in attitude, the decor and surroundings were worn and nothing special.

Did book this hotel on Priceline for $49/night, so wasn't expecting much - the room was clean and spacious, as most Doubletree hotels are expected to be. Hot water took about 5 minutes to get to our shower in a 6th floor room. Was unaware that there is no free parking at this hotel, so expect to pay $10 minimum for self overnight parking, even though there doesn't seem a reason to charge for this parking lot.

Guess this is a decent hotel with a 5min drive back to the rental car area of the airport, but wasn't that impressed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I apologize for the delay in responding. I am not happy with the effort put forth by my front desk staff and am sorry that you encountered that. I will be reviewing this with the staff so that they can see how they impacted your stay. Thank you for letting me know what transpired and I will definitely be improving on those issues.
Lincoln City, Oregon
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We stayed here the night before leaving Atlanta so we could catch an early flight. It was a great choice. The hotel is really quite elegant, especially for the AAA price. People on the staff go out of their way to be friendly and helpful. They provide van rides to the terminal every half hour, no reservations necessary. They offer free wi-fi. And just up the street is a fun place to eat a bucket of crab legs and down a few beers. What more does life offer? I'll definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We got upgraded to a corner room, which was very large and comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Virgil H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you so much, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I really appreciate you telling me how the staff treated you, I will be sure to share them this information, so that we can keep it up and continue to do our best. Spondivits is the place for the crab legs and beer and yes on a nice evening is a great way to unwind. Thank you again, we look forward to hosting you again
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Staybridge Suites Atlanta Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#91 of 173 in Atlanta
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!