“Excellent for long connections in Atlanta”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport
Ranked #100 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Kadima, Israel
“Excellent for long connections in Atlanta”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I stayed for a whole day during a 12 hours overlay in Atlanta airport.
Excellent airport-hotel shuttle service - for free.
Very nice staff.
Excellent room.
Internet is not very constant though.
Definately go to this hotel if you need to lay down for the overlay hours

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Virgil H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Thank you so much for providing the review of our property. I appreciate the fact that you took the time to post this. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We stayed over for one night before transferring to Mexico. The hotel is conveniently close to the airport and offers a free shuttle to and from the airport. The room was very clean and comfortable. The service was good. We enjoyed a very nice breakfast as well.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
On behalf of the staff we would like to thank you for the kind words in regards to your stay with us. I apologize for the delay in responding to this, but wanted to make sure we acknowledged the fact that you took the time to provide us the feedback.
Indianapolis
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I stayed in here Memorial Weekend. The check-in process was quick and easy. When I asked about switching rooms because the other guests (next door) were loud, it was painless. The housekeeping staff were very helpful. The beds were comfortable. The pool was dirty and hot tub was not working. They shouldn't be charging $10 per day to park, but even with that charge I still paid less than normal. The hotel staff were personable and the cookies were great!! I would stay at this hotel, again, because of the location, cleanliness and exceptional service that I received from them!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marinka_12
Virgil H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We truly appreciate the fact that you enjoyed your stay. I have spoken with the team about making sure they get the pool cleaned in a timely basis and keep it that way. Thank you again
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 May 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Doubletree Hotel Atlanta Airport for a recent weekend when we visited Atlanta because one of her cousins was giving a concert in Fairburn. The room was quiet and comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The location was convenient; we were able to get to our room quickly after our arrival and to settle down for the night. We also liked the bar. And then, of course, theere were the chocolate chip cookies!
This was not our first experience with Doubletree hotels; we had gotten married a couple of months earlier at a Doubletree and spent our wedding night there. I would recommend Doubletree hotels to anyone.
And let me not forget to mention the excellent and friendly service Tarla gave us at the check-in counter.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors have the best view.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Copperas Cove, Texas
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I'm a picky bed person and only love my Tempurpedic...but this bed was incredibly comfortable. We had a 7th floor room and could see the airport slightly in the distance...I thought a great view! I had a great quesadilla in the restaurant and sat out by the pool that my daughter loved. It's a nice big pool. I would say the only thing I didn't like was that it wasn't convenient to walk to a fast food place or anywhere.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Virgil H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. I appreciate the fact that you stayed with us and gave us the opportunity to host you. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the beds and pool. I will be sure to pass on this review to the staff as I know they will feel great.
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 3 May 2012

This hotel was great. The staff was friendly. The room was nice and comfortable. Free parking for status members. I wish that I would have stayed here for the duration of my 4 day trip.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank normalhepkat
Thank you for your feedback. I am grateful for the words. I will share this as well as the others with the staff of the hotel so that we can continue to strive to be the best we can be. I hope you do have the opportunity to stay with us in the future.
Live Oak, Florida
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed at the DoubleTree last night. They do charge $10 for parking, which I think is

unreasonable. Actually, they charge for everything....(internet, etc).

However, I did enjoy using the business center where they provide computers and printers.

The room was nice but the bathroom title had stains and the carpet was ripped in front of the bathroom.

The front desk is slow and not very friendly in the evening. The morning staff seemed more chipper.

They offer free rides to the airport and that was great. They charge $5.00 for parking on the days you do not stay there.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank liveoak_traveler
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I apologize for the behavior of the front desk staff as I will be doing a retraining session with them. I would like to know how you came about the charge for internet, because we offer complimentary internet service throughout the hotel. I would like to address immediately if I can so as not to confuse any future guests.
Thank you again for the feedback and I will take your words to assist my staff on how we can exceed guest expectations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#89 of 174 in Atlanta
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,653 reviews

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!