“Another hotel next time”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport
Ranked #96 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed here for 1 night for early morning flight. Reception and shuttle service was ok but the room had some problems. Alarm Clock in the room was not correct, 2 hours difference, and there was no instruction how to fix it, coffee cream was too old and separted into 2 parts inside, bed sheet looked clean but comfort smell like body odor. There are tons of airport hotel around this area, almost same price, next time I will stay another hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
rick b, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Live_baby_live, thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed our shuttle service to the hotel and our folks at check in. I apologize for the clock not being set correctly and the odor you mentioned. I will discuss this in our housekeeping meeting today!. I do hope if you travels bring you back through ATL you will give us a chance to really show you the kind of hospitality that we are capable of.
Regards

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Great staff, great rooms, great price , great sleep
It was great !
Loved it , I will definitely use this hotel again, the two queen beds enabled us to sleep four adults comfortable , which made the cost even more attractive, though at 80 dollars it was a bargain to begin with
It's close enough to the airport and attractions too!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Ricky P, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thanks for your post! We are glad that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

This hotel has a great location! Very close to ATL yet, unlike so many other airport hotels, I didn't hear any noise! Nice outdoor pool. I had a spacious corner room. The 7th floor appears to be dedicated to HHonors members that have attained some sort of elite status, which was nice. Fridge in my room. Heir shuttle driver Marvin is a true ambassador to this property. Polite, friendly, and most important: Gave great recommendations to local area restaurants. Super fast check in. The only "fail" for us was food and beverage. The white wine I ordered was not very chilled, and neither was my husband's beer. We might have had another drink but for the temperature problem, and that persisted into breakfast with Luke warm eggs. We are not coffee drinkers, so ordered soda. Cans arrived, yippee...but they too were warm, so the ice melted into the drink. It seemed like there was an aversion to proper temperature control. I do not think I would have been happy if I would have paid the stated price. However, this could easily be fixed by management. Do not let its foibles get you down, this is a clean, we'll maintained property, with great amenities and courteous staff that wants to help you, and the price point cannot be beat!

Room Tip: Seek one on the club floor if possible, and those corner rooms are great if you can manage to snag o...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear MHBSoDak
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I am glad that you found your accommodations clean and at a fair price, Marvin as you indicate is a true ambassador for our hotel always making our guests feel like family. I will certainly look into the temperature of the various beverages that you tried. Thanks again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 12 September 2013

This was our second stay at the property when coming into Atlanta to attend a weekend of Braves games. It's a great convenient location, nice clean rooms and great service from the staff. The weekend breakfast buffet was plentiful and the waitstaff was cheerful and helpful. I'd highly recommend this hotel for its great location and great accomodations.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The service of booking and checking in was incredibly easy and the service representatives were courteous and knowledgeable. The front desk staff was very helpful and accommodating. The breakfast could have been better.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night after arriving into Atlanta on evening flight. This was a really disappointing hotel and I am usually a big fan of Doubletrees. The hotel is very dated and is well overdue a facelift. My room however was not very clean - lots of hairs in bath, around toilet, in sink and on the desk. Hotel couldn't change room but came to clean whilst I had dinner - bath was cleaned but the rest of the hairs were still there. I felt uncomfortable and grubby throughout my stay. The only redeeming feature was the meal which was good.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I stayed at this property on consective weekends and was looking for a lower priced property convenient to the Atlanta airport as I was combining personal and business trips on consectutive weeks. I found an AARP rate well less than $100 for both stays, although standard rates were not much higher. I was a little leary due to the price, but had stayed at this property a few years ago. I was expecting the quality to have gone downhill, but was very surprised and pleased at the cleanliness and overall service. In addition, you have the option to leave your vehicle parked at the hotel while you travel by air and the daily price is less than options at the airport with 24 hour security. If you are looking for a lesser priced, good value property, I would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Staybridge Suites Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#91 of 172 in Atlanta

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!