“Fantastic Experience”

Ranked #94 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Cumming, Georgia
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

First and most importantly, every member of the staff was very accommodating and extremely friendly. Every member of the staff that I encountered went above and beyond to make sure my stay was as comfortable as possible. The lobby, restaurant, bar and gift shop were very nice and well maintained. I especially loved seeing the fountain when I walked through the door. My room was very comfortable with plenty of room for what I needed to do. I was there on business and the hotel room coming with a desk and free WiFi was very helpful. Also, the king size bed was so comfortable I slept like a baby, which I rarely do when away from home. I will definitely stay here again if business brings me back to Atlanta as the stay was most enjoyable and hope others will too.

Room Tip: My room on the 2nd floor had a nice view of the city.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
rick b, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Emily W, Thanks for the review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and that your room met your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again real soon
Rick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Saint Louis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Good stay for the price point. I didn't like that you have to pay for the parking nightly but its downtown so it is expected. Also of all the Doubletree Hotels that I have stayed in, this was by far one of the smallest rooms.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Regina S, Thanks for taking the time to post your review. We do offer a superior value. Thanks again!
Mobile, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Excellent excellent excellent! Affordable, Clean, and Comfortable room! Warm tasty cookies! Incredibly friendly and helpful staff! Booking with Double Tree on my next vacation. Had a very smooth check in and check out. Staff was helpful in directing us to downtown Atlanta and how to use the shuttle or MARTA. Overall great experience!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Jessica M, Thanks for the kind words! We really appreciate it. Glad you enjoyed your stay!
Sherman Oaks, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Outstanding level of customer service from the time I checked in. I just wished I had made a note of the check-in-clerk and bartender names. 200 characters is not enough space for my comment but to the clerk who checked us in and the bartender who was working the night of Thanksgiving, I thank you for your great service.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Crtsyal W
Thanks for such a positive review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay!
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Walking in the door , the lobby , main bathrooms , hallways and elevators were so dirty and smokey. Then we were treated extremely rude at the front desk by not one employee, but all 3 working behind the desk. These women must not know how to smile and hate every aspect of their lives. While sitting in the lobby of this hotel waiting on them to fix a reservation issue that took 40 min to do that they screwed up, I could see that they were treating everyone rudely!!
Then we get to our room to find it dirty as well. Stained sheets? Really? God forbid we get room service from the 3 charming ladies at the front desk!

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs!
1 Thank natetaters27
SPRINGFIELD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

I love staying at this chain - anywhere, anytime. The BEST, BEST beds; King, comfortable, and plush.

But the service was definitely lacking. I stayed here during a long layover. My thoughtful friend had brought a wonderful lunch which we wanted to share while relaxing in the room. You know - no shoes, feet up. Well there was only 1 chair in the room. He asked if they would let him borrow another chair so that we could both eat at the table. Front desk response: no. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? It was Thanksgiving day! The hotel had lots of empty rooms. We could have borrowed a chair from one of them. Or we could have borrowed a chair from the restaurant. Really? What - you think I am going to steal your chair? Or is it too much work to wheel it from one empty room for me to use for three hours!.

Very disappointing. This was not a difficult, unusual request. Or one that would have taken much effort.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KateandDiva
Albany, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

The hotel wasn't as trendy but made up for it in cleanliness, great quality of service, and good food. The shuttle driver to airport was excellent. I felt safe walking from the parking lot at night and early morning because of the guard in guard shack. The restaurant service was especially nice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#88 of 173 in Atlanta
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,616 reviews

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!