“Not a good choice”

Ranked #95 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Darien, United States
“Not a good choice”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I expected better with the name Hilton and Doubletree involved. With the exception of the free shuttle (which generally ran late) my experience was more of what I would expect in a cheap motel. If you go, be sure to have a car available so that you can get somewhere to get food. Don't eat in house.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

rick b, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Sandra B. Thank you for letting us know about your visit. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We strive to offer a superior value in accommodations and hospitality. It is obvious that we failed to deliver the hospitality that we are capable of.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Benque Viejo del Carmen, Belize
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Needed a place to stay overnight for a connecting flight. It was a comfortable, convenient and affordable place. Front desk staff members were attentive. Free shuttle service and free wi-fi at the room were great.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
rick b, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear MartzFarm thanks for the review! Glad you enjoyed your stay! We are look forward to seeing you again real soon!
Charlotte, United States
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This hotel was outstanding. This was the hotel my guess and I choose after being stereotyped by the Omni Hotel in Downtown Atlanta. The clerks was most accommodating to my needs and request. They kept a friendly attitude and also the cookies they givr you upon check in is the best ever. GREAT EXPERIENCE OVERALL. DEFINATELY WILL BE MAKING RESERVATIONS HERE AGAIN SOON

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Massey B, thanks for the post! Glad the the staff exceeded your expectations! Come see us again!
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Was only at the hotel for about 8 hours, had to get up in the middle of the night to catch a flight that had been delayed 12 hours due to weather. Staff was very nice and accommodating, rooms were ok, a little worn, wi-fi was ok, the coffee maker in the room while not good coffee was good for our schedule, didn't eat anything here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
rick b, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear BCPOPO, thank you for your post! Glad to hear that the staff was responsive, we appreciate you taking time to let us know about your stay!
Rick B
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I needed to find a quick hotel to stay near the Atlanta airport because I had to pick up a colleague at the airport the next day. I was driving later due to a storm in NC and I had expected to arrive before dark, however with the traffic it was going to be well after 9pm. I was using my iPhone for directions and the hotel's directions differed from what the Scout app's directions on my phone were stating. I was just about to call the hotel and interestingly enough, the hotel called me! They just wanted to check to see if I was still expected (I am a Gold level Hilton Honors member and had booked it with points) and I really appreciated the call because my phone app was entirely wrong. I arrived there without an issue after 9pm, checked in and parked my car. They don't have valet parking but it is a nice attended lot. With my Hilton standing I received free parking which is nice, and they had the complimentary waters in my room and also had placed foam pillows vs. down feathers (I am allergic). Since I had driven 7 hours I wanted to have dinner and ordered room service. That was also a surprise, the meal was quite excellent, and delivered quickly. The room was very comfortable and clean and I would most definitely stay there again if traveling to the Atlanta area.

Room Tip: I usually like a room close to the elevator for a quick exit in the morning with luggage, but in thi...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear PLC55, thanks for the review of our hotel! Glad you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our in room dining! We appreciate you being in our frequent travel club, We really appreciate our Hilton Honors members. We look forward to seeing you again!
Naperville, IL, United States
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stay one night. Arrived very late - 12:30am. Front desk was very polite and helpful with information about parking and the shuttle to the airport. Room was very clean and pleasant. We only stayed a few hours due to catching flights.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

rick b, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear John W,
Thanks for the post we really appreciate it. Glad you enjoyed your stay! Our shuttle service is a very convenient way to get to and from the airport. We look forward to seeing you again!
RIck
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Hallways were trashed. Food, litter, etc remained for entire 3 day stay. Housekeeping never serviced my room unless I called front desk. Slow decline in the many years I've stayed here. Office manager, though, was great.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear D H , Thank you for your review, I apologize for the situation you encountered, I will certainly address the food tray issue with our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon
Rick b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Staybridge Suites Atlanta Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#91 of 173 in Atlanta
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!