“Good stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport
Ranked #101 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I recommend, I rate it average because they still have to work in at least two things. First, from my first stay to this one they really improved parking, but it would be much easier for them just to put a gate (since they charge for parking if you are not HHonors Gold/Diamond) and have the valet to just take care of what is supposed to take. A little investment is all they need. Second, breakfast.. I feel like having breakfast in a Hampton Inn.. nothing against it, its ok, its free.. for me was free at this one too, but If I were going to pay for, I would expect more quality, better pastries and qualified people working there. Also, the pool area as well as the hot tub need some cleaning. Overall, great stay, staff really courteous, address a couple issues and will be always my choice when I stop by Atlanta.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Adrianors
rick b, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Adrianors, thanks for the review, glad you liked our new parking arrangement, we are constantly working to improve our level of service. We will to continue to strive for excellence and will work harder to address the issues you mentioned.
Regards

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was very disappointed with the cleanliness of the public spaces in the hotel. For $125/night I expected a lot better quality for this price and because it was a a Doubletree hotel. The front desk and bartender were very good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marilyn L

Dear Marilyn L. thank you for the post, Glad the front desk and our bartender were of service to you. Thanks again

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The staff were very courteous and professional. The room was lacking a refridgerator, but otherwise very nice. They have a restaurant and bar in the hotel. And, the bar has free drinks for guests between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.

3  Thank Dan T

Dear Dan T, thanks for the review, glad you had a good stay!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Hotel is Not of Hilton Standard. Dirty,Smell, Rooms poorly maintained,Carpets stained, Walls dirty, Appears to be mold in bathroom, Dusty,overall poorly maintained. Wheel chair bound mother in law attended family reunion with us, had to wait almost 4 hours because rooms weren't ready. Instead of manager offering to take care of the problem it turned into a she say,he say ordeal. In the end my sister n law was offered a one night room deduction,and a voucher to the restaraunt. On top of that they checked someone else intothe room. Yes the guy came into the room when she alerted the front desk she was told there had been a computer problem,and they were sorry. Geesh. Several family members encountered problems and were not satisfied
with this Hilton hotel disappointment filled our 4 night stay during our family reunio. Their communications skills with each other were poor. Management never told kitchen about the family meal plan price thus causing several members to be charged full price,however that problem was corrected they did refund the difference. Because of all the technicalities our family was offered Free bkfst Sat.morning. We were just very dissapointed with the stay. The kitchen staff during our family dinner did an awesome job.Maintance crew helped us out with some issues as well. Thanks to Carita, Brooklin, and Sarde' for all of your assistance with the planning of our reunion.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank gannysgirls04

Dear Grannysgirls04, Thank you for the post. I am sorry for the delay in getting you checked into a room, typically this is not a problem but on the day of your arrival we had very large volumes of guests arriving early and we did the best we could to get everyone checked in, in a timely manner. I again apologize for the problems.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I was disappointed with this hotel. The pool looks nothing like the picture and the hot tub was only half full. Went to the bakery and they had nothing in there besides bottles of something .. No dessert!!! Stayed on the 6th floor and as soon as we turned corner the carpet was disgusting and all stained up! There are lots of hidden fee's.. Like $10 a day parking or $12 if u want to do it yourself! Ordered breakfast and menu said $10.99 but bill was $17.29. It was good but not that good for pancakes! Get food before hand.. Also had room right next to ice maker so we could hear people filling up their buckets all night.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katie R

Dear Katie R Thank you for the post. I am really sorry that we did not meet you r expectations, Our parking is as you indicate $10.00 to self park or valet service is available for $12.00. I again apologize.
RIck

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My filght was delyed in Dallas and I missed my connecting flight in Atlanta. There were no other flights to Baltimore. Delta sent me to the Double Tree until I could get a flight out. I was very surprised with this hotel. The rooms were not up to Hilton's standards. They need to me cleaned more, especially in the bathroom area. Please take care of the mold issues. The pillows also should be bigger on the bed. The hotel is in desperate need of a make-over! Also, please audit the work of the cleaning crew. The hotel smells bad, every area that I walked into. For the little time that I spent there, my first impression...not impressed at all!

1  Thank Shannon C

Dear Shannon C Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We’re sorry you encountered housekeeping problems. Dirty rooms are not typical at our hotel, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We have discussed this with our staff and will make every effort to be sure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. Please give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future.
Rick Burnette

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was a great stay. Check in and check out were prompt. The shuttle service was prompt coming from and going to the airport. The restaurant prepared my dinner to specification. The maids were all very friendly. The only concern I had was that the room was a little unclean and dated, normal wear and tear.

1  Thank Jason H
rick b, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Jason H, thanks for the post, Really glad that you enjoyed your stay. We will be commencing a major renovation in the very near future.
Regards
Rick

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#90 of 174 in Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!