I was stranded in Atlanta overnight with no luggage returning home to Florida from a visit to Salt Lake City. I fly standby because my son is a pilot, and there were no seats available.
My son recommended this hotel, as this chain is one that his airline uses for its pilots, and he had very good things to say about it.
I couldn't have been more pleased at the quality of this hotel.
I was greeted warmly by the woman at the front desk who expressed sympathy for my plight and who gave me a toothbrush and toothpaste.
The lobby is open with a huge, eye-catching chandelier. The rooms are modern, beautifully decorated and have a flat panel TV. One thing I really appreciated about the TV is that when you turn it on, it is on the channel you left it on - not defaulting to an annoying hotel channel that tries to sell you services and movies. It might sound small, but it made the experience seem more homey.
I didn't have to fiddle in the shower unwrapping a soap bar. They had three liquid dispensers - shampoo, conditioner, body wash. There was an abundance of towels, and the room was extremely clean.
The only thing I didn't like was that the pillows were unsubstantial and lumpy, but there were more than enough of them.
Probably the very best part of my stay was that I arrived during a time a day when they offer what I think they call a "kickback." This was a full-blown dinner that included three alcoholic beverages. I hadn't eaten all day and was delighted to have some food. The menu included baked chicken, macaroni and cheese, baked potato, green beans and a salad (only lettuce with some carrots on the side to add if you wanted). There were other items, too, like tortilla chips and cheese dip, and potato chips. This meal was made mostly from frozen and/or processed items, nothing you'd want to eat every day - but it was substantial - more than bar hors d'oeuvres, and it was all you can eat. I was very grateful for it.
The next morning they offered an included very generous breakfast of real scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage, yogurt, fruit and other goodies.
The hotel provides lobby computers, too, so that you can check email and print out your boarding pass.
They have a punctual airport shuttle every half hour.
They really take care of their guests. I would definitely stay in a Drury Inn again. I'm just sorry that there is only one of them in Florida where I live.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests of the Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport enjoy free hot breakfast and free hot food and cold beverages at our evening 5:30 Kickback(R). Near Hartsfield International Airport, a free airport shuttle is available. Traveling outside Atlanta? Our Stay & Fly Package offers free parking at our hotel up to seven days with minimum one night stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Atlanta Airport
- Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport Hotel Atlanta
- Atlanta Drury Inn
- Drury Atlanta
- Drury Inn Atlanta