“What a jewel”

Ranked #29 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Palm City, FL
“What a jewel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

I was stranded in Atlanta overnight with no luggage returning home to Florida from a visit to Salt Lake City. I fly standby because my son is a pilot, and there were no seats available.

My son recommended this hotel, as this chain is one that his airline uses for its pilots, and he had very good things to say about it.

I couldn't have been more pleased at the quality of this hotel.

I was greeted warmly by the woman at the front desk who expressed sympathy for my plight and who gave me a toothbrush and toothpaste.

The lobby is open with a huge, eye-catching chandelier. The rooms are modern, beautifully decorated and have a flat panel TV. One thing I really appreciated about the TV is that when you turn it on, it is on the channel you left it on - not defaulting to an annoying hotel channel that tries to sell you services and movies. It might sound small, but it made the experience seem more homey.

I didn't have to fiddle in the shower unwrapping a soap bar. They had three liquid dispensers - shampoo, conditioner, body wash. There was an abundance of towels, and the room was extremely clean.

The only thing I didn't like was that the pillows were unsubstantial and lumpy, but there were more than enough of them.

Probably the very best part of my stay was that I arrived during a time a day when they offer what I think they call a "kickback." This was a full-blown dinner that included three alcoholic beverages. I hadn't eaten all day and was delighted to have some food. The menu included baked chicken, macaroni and cheese, baked potato, green beans and a salad (only lettuce with some carrots on the side to add if you wanted). There were other items, too, like tortilla chips and cheese dip, and potato chips. This meal was made mostly from frozen and/or processed items, nothing you'd want to eat every day - but it was substantial - more than bar hors d'oeuvres, and it was all you can eat. I was very grateful for it.

The next morning they offered an included very generous breakfast of real scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage, yogurt, fruit and other goodies.

The hotel provides lobby computers, too, so that you can check email and print out your boarding pass.

They have a punctual airport shuttle every half hour.

They really take care of their guests. I would definitely stay in a Drury Inn again. I'm just sorry that there is only one of them in Florida where I live.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank GwenTessa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Mount Airy GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

I smoke, and don't care to stand outside to do so.
This hotel has decent smoker friendly rooms (not the crappy rooms smokers usually are stuck with).
And when they say EVERYTHING is included, they mean it. Parking, breakfast, evening cocktails and horsdeourves (hot dogs, chips, wings, nachos, etc.- not just a sack of stale pretzels).
Most hotels in the ATL area add about $20 for parking, which you often find out when you are checking in.
It is a really nice hotel and convenient to the ATL Intl. Conference Center. If you stay at the hotels close to the center, you have to get on I85 to go anywhere. You can walk to several restaurants from the Drury.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Columbus, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

At checkin front desk clerk was not friendly at all. The lady who set up and break down the breakfast area was extremely nasty! I just wont stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Rome, Ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

My husband and I just returned today after slipping away to Atlanta to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary.
We have stayed at this Drury for at least six of our vacations. Normally we stay here before leaving to go to the Caribbean but we will have to postpone that trip until October.
We were checked in on Wednesday by Sheeca. We had a coupon for a free room upgrade that I had downloaded from their facebook page. So instead of a regular room, we were given a 2 room suite. The bed was a king size with plenty(5)of the most incredible pillows. There was a flat screen TV in the bedroom and in the suite there was a full size couch, a recliner, a table, a chair, another flat screen TV and a writing desk. The vanity area had a double sink and the bathroom was lovely. There was shampoo, conditioner and body wash dispenser mounted on the wall. There were plenty of towels as well.
At 530 there is a free "kickback" area that had hot dogs, chicken strips, macaroni and cheese, baked potatoes, nachos, re fried beans, taco meat, potato chips, pretzels, condiments for the hot dogs and 3 free drinks. They have vodka, gin, tequila,rum, whiskey and mixers to make Bloody Marys, screwdrivers, martinis, margaritas and tequila sunrises. They also have Chardonnay and Merlot plus Bud on tap. There is also soft drinks on tap to include Coke and Root Beer and Sprite. There is free popcorn from 3-10pm. On Thursday night, there was also Broccoli and Cheese Soup.
The hot tub was very enjoyable and the indoor/outdoor pool was a little too cool for my taste.
The breakfast served was scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, hot and cold cereals, fresh fruit, bagels, pastries, toast, coffee and tea,waffles and assorted juices.
I would like to give shout out to the bartenders DMario and Amber. They were very pleasant and professional when dealing with the patrons. Tamika was in charge of the breakfast bars in the morning and she was as pleasant and professional. Jackie was the evening supervisor and never let you feel like you were taking any time. She would gladly answer questions with a pleasant attitude. We also dealt with Abu Ali, the assistant manager who was also professional and friendly.
Chanell was also another joy to deal with at the front desk.
If I have forgotten any one's name, I am so sorry. Everyone of the employees there made our stay very pleasant and we will definitely be returning in October.
We used the airport shuttle to go to the airport so we could ride the MARTA. We had never used the MARTA but found it to be very easy to use. We paid for a 24 hour pass which cost $10 per person.
We also visited the Georgia Aquarium which I will write a review as well.

Room Tip: Check the facebook page for a free upgrade before the end of the month!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I like the Drury Chain. They accomodate families well. This hotel meet our expectations. We had a nice two room suite. It was by the elevator and was somewhat noisy, but we were exhausted and slept. The front desk was very friendly. The room was very nice. I felt safe (others seemed not too). I did not see the idle youth or hooligans hanging out like where I live (Near DC), so it seemed safer. Teh hotel was very clean. The rooms were nice. I would stay here again! It was only 10 minutes to downtown.

Just a note, this was an original Drury. Over the years, they have created better and newer hotels. If you had only experienced the newer ones, then this might be a bit more disappointing. Having been familiar with the brand for many years, I remember when this designed seemed posh.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights from Monday thru Thursday. Rooms are clean and comfortable with microwave and refrigerator. Breakfast and dinner are included in the price and are good and filling. The staff is very friendly and the airport shuttle seems reliable. Overall, its a very nice stay when you need something close to the airport.

• Stayed April 2012
Aurora, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

We were originally booked in at the Morrow, GA location with a 1-bedroom suite. When we arrived, they could not honour the reservation, due to a wedding taking place the following day. The Manager, Chris Garcia, was most helpful. He called several other Drury Inns in the area without success and finally reserved two adjorning rooms for us at this hotel. With a dog and a 91 year old mother in a wheelchair, this was music to our ears. It would be a lovely story but it doesn't end there. In trying to locate this hotel at the airport was a nightmare. We got so lost our GPS couldn't help us. We flagged down an off-duty fireman who kindly escorted us to the hotel. We are eternally grateful to him and the hotel staff who were anxiously awaiting our arrival. As soon as we arrived, there was a phone call from Chris Garcia of the Morrow hotel location to see that we had arrived safely. That was a nice personal touch, of which I have not experienced from any other hotel chain and it was most appreciated.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Huggie_Bear_49
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South
Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!