“Great,Great Hotel & Customer Service”

W Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #64 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Mobile, Alabama
“Great,Great Hotel & Customer Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

We came to Atlanta on 7/15/2011 to attend the Charlie Wilson concert at Chastain Park and stayed at the "W" Hotel in Buckhead.Our check-in was fast,efficient and courteous!! The valet attendants were fast and polite.The hotel itself was clean and modern.The room was on the small side but very nicely appointed and comfortable.The bedding was clean and slept great!!!The bathroom was small and the design was disappointing and confusing to say the least!There isn't any privacy while using the bathroom,only a glass door that was not opaque.When taking a shower,water would be literally everywhere;due to the fact it only had one stationary glass door instead of two sliding doors;therefore you had no real containment of the shower over spray!!! In my opinion,if the things that were here-to-fore mentioned about the bathroom were improved upon;this truly would become a 4 to 5 star rated hotel! Overall,our stay at the "W" in Buckhead,Ga was great!! Oh,and one other thing for concert goers;Chastain Park is only a short distance from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 20 July 2011
Elijahdrumdog

Thanks so much for your review from your experience last week. I really appreciate your comments on the decor, cleanliness, and especially the staff (they'll be thrilled when they, too read your thoughts!). While I know our bathroom layouts aren't for everyone (we like to say, they're "avant-garde") we do have other options the next time you're in town, either for another Chastain concert or just an in-town escape. Hope to see you soon! Thanks again!

Warm Wishes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

I was only there for the weekend but it's a great hotel with great service and lovely ambiance. The room was very cool and relaxing. To top it up I left my camera at the hotel on my way back to London and the the wonderful concierge David-Michael Searcy drove all the way to the airport to make sure I got my camera. Wikid :)

Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 28 July 2011
T007OSH - Thank you so much for your review - although you stayed with us briefly I'm glad to know it was long enough to cement our relationship as your Atlanta hotel. And I LOVE your story about David-Michael rescuing your camera and rushing it down to the airport - awesome!! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Atlanta! Warm Wishes
tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

I traveled on a mix of business and family. My wife and two young children came along. Many of you probably know the W Hotel was not created to accommodate kids. But we didn't have many alternatives as a convention had booked the other similarly classed Buckhead hotels. We stayed 5 days.

The first night we had trouble with the room -- toilet water ran, shower didn't drain, phone dead. The W folks quickly remedies this and we began to see a pattern of outstanding service. Each time we summoned the desk for supplies, somebody arrive at our door within minutes. Downstairs in the lobby everyone know our name. A gentleman named Scott R., whose title is "w insider", was particularly helpful. He listened to our gripes from our first night and accommodated us with everything from a few supplementary meal tickets for the kids, to a an option to transfer next door to the Westin on day 3.

By day 3 we felt so accommodated by the staff at the W that we decided to stay. By day 5, we wouldn't have stayed anywhere else in Buckhead.

We also thought the breakfast was notable. As a business traveller I stay at lots of hotels, but the breakfast was particularly delicious and well presented. Everything was very fresh - from a variety of fruits to the steel cut oatmeal.

Room Tip: Construction on Peachtree Road. Stay in rooms with larger numbers (e.g. room 930, not 901)
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 19 July 2011
JDSchentr,

Thank you so much for your review and recommendation of the property. I'm glad to hear that despite some troubles, the staff (particularly Scott) and the "remarkable breakfast" were able to make you and your family comfortable, during your convention visit. I appreciate your comments and look forward to sharing them with the staff, as well as welcoming your family back again soon, now that you've found your new Buckhead home. See you soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

We arrived today for our 3pm check in to be told the room wasn't ready. We were given two drink tickets and asked to wait an hour. Felicia was so apologetic. After 1.5 hours we checked in though and No room yet. The front desk manager took complete ownership of the issue and personally went upstairs to get our room ready. She came back and we were given 4 more drink tickets as well as two free breakfasts at Market. Our room was amazing once we got in it. I love a room that you can set the ac to cold and it STAYS COLD. We had not been in the room fifteen minutes until e phone rang and we were asked if we would like a beer to help us relax after the stress. We said yes and made our selections. We were greeted by the amazing Hazel once again with a tray of beers water and snacks. Hazel even gave us restaurant and parking suggestions! We were then informed that we were being given a late checkout (6pm) so we could shop tomorrow and relax! All in all the beginning check in experience was concerning but thanks to the amazing Hazel and Felicia this will be the first place I look for on or next stay in Atlanta. Definitely go to Whiskey Blue just for one drink with your friends. The view is amazing!

• Stayed July 2011
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 18 July 2011
Foodbabyknox,

Thank you so much for your review and compliments of the staff - especially Felicia and Hazel! I'm so glad to hear that they made your stay comfortable and made up for where things didn't go exactly as planned (and as you can imagine, which is bound to happen from time to time). I look forward to sharing this review with the staff as a great example of being sincere and honest with our guests and as stated, "owning" the issue. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back for the total W experience! Warm Wishes
Lake Jackson, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

Great location. Beautiful pool. Unique rooms. Friendly service. I would definitely consider staying there again.

Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
MaryMIt!

You're right! We are THE place for girls weekends and we're so glad you had fun! We can't wait to welcome you and your girlfriends back again!!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

I was so excited to stay at the W. I feel like I might have expected too much for Buckhead. The room decor was beautiful. However the shower gets water all over bathroom floor and even outside of the bathroom. Pretty but not functional. Service was okay. Ive stayed at less and more expensive hotels and have had better service. Valet service was excellent, front desk was not as friendly or explanatory as I expected. Whiskey Blue and the rooftop pool were nice. The hotel isn't with in walking distance of much besides the mall (which is great). All in all it was a decent stay. Wouldn't probably stay there again unfortunately.

• Stayed June 2011
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 5 July 2011
hollywood5922,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you found many aspects of your stay inviting, from room decor to valet and Whiskey Blue service. I sincerely appreciate your additional comments and will review them with our teams, as we continually want to exceed expectations and build a loyal fanbase. I do hope that the next time you're in Atlanta you'll provide us with the opportunity to welcome you back again as our guest, so that we may provide you with a true W experience. Thanks again and have a great summer! Warm Wishes
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

We love the W. My daughter and I have stayed here often, and it gets better every time. We were with friends celebrating a birthday, and the entire staff went above and beyond. From our Ambassadors, Carlos and Zach, who provided room and pool service, to Jessica at Whiskey Blue, who made sure the bouncers kept the "lurker's" away. The main event of the trip was to see Chelsea Handler, who cancelled the show at the last minute. But, thanks to the staff and our W experience, the trip/birthday was absolutely fabulous!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 17 June 2011
travelux,

Thank you so much for your review! I'm so thrilled to hear that while one star didn't make it to Atlanta - you and your daughter made your celebrity VIP arrival! And our staff, with special thanks to Zach, Carlos, and Jessica really made your birthday weekend one to remember! Thanks again and we look forward to many more visits from you and your family! See you soon!