“Average at best”

Ranked #70 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Chicago, Illinois
“Average at best”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I am an SPG Platinum... no upgrade. My room was so small the bathroom was almost like a closet. Very loud rooms, you can hear every door shut. Great location but it really is an overpriced Sheraton.

One good point was the front desk staff. Very nice and personable.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RSKI213
WBuckheadManager, Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Thanks for your review about your experience. Stay cool!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 January 2012

You can't beat the location for easy access to local shopping, excellent dining and downtown via Marta, but if you pay $300+ per night, as we did, it is really over priced for a renovated Sheraton. The design is fun yet no outstanding. The front desk service was very good.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
CO - We sincerely appreciate your review and for sharing your thoughts on W Atlanta-Buckhead. You highlight several of our strengths, including: location, dining options, design and great service. We are constantly looking for ways to add value to our property and the guest experience and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Thanks again!
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 23 January 2012

My husband and I were up in Atlanta for a party and some holiday shopping. The convenience of of the W to Lenox is perfect....and great restaurants as well. But, even better than that was the well-trained staff at the W....this was lead by Scott Ragland who must have invented customer service. We were treated like family AND royalty. I can't imagine how anyone could give a rating less than excellent. And, of course we'd return

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
Virginia J - Thank you so much for your sharing your experience with TripAdvisor readers. I am so glad to know that you and your husband had a great time while in Atlanta and that Scott made it extra special (I'll be sure to share this with him and our staff). We look forward to your royal return, any time! Thanks again and see you soon!
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We met the most accomodating, customer friendly staff headed up by Scott....have never before been treated more like royalty and family. The entire staff was there to handle everything and Scott was right there calling the shots the entire weekend. This entire staff was excited about working there and even more excited about having us as their guest, Plus, they were even more sincere about wanting us to return in the near future. I'm not sure where you could go in Atlanta to get better service, a better location and fabulous accomodations.
Jennings/Savannah

Room Tip: there are no bad rooms....truly classey
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Thanks for posting a review about your experience. All the best!
Kennesaw
Reviewed 20 January 2012

After a very long day I checked in at 12:30 am Saturday night only to be brought to a dirty occupied room. In attempt to make this up to us the front desk says they will provide breakfast complimentary. I thought this was fair. Well when we went to have breakfast I realized the voucher the front desk gave me didn't even cover ONE persons breakfast and coffee. The service was very disappointing in the restaurant given that there was only like 4 tables there on a Sunday morning... I guess the locals are hip to the $14 and up, breakfasts there. very lazy UN knowledgeable waiter. Which leave a lot to be desired. Was good but even toast was expensive.....Basket of bread Something like $4.95?? Not to mention the $30 extra they tried to charge me for valet when I was there not two overnights. Thank god we found free parking for 2nd night... Who likes to pay $30 parking for over night hotel stay that is already pricey. I guess I should have expected this when I realized that the " advertised movie special" was NOT $8.99 but $16.99 to see planet of the apes in our room and coffee is complimentary downstairs in the morning but TEA costs $3.95!!!! Just weird.
The place is nice, ROOMS ARE SMALL BUT PRETTY, people are friendly but the food was JUST ALRIGHT and if you don't mind being nickel and dimed for every little thing then it's great.!!

• Stayed December 2011
Exwaitress-foodie - First, thank you for providing your feedback. Whether good, bad, or indifferent we want to know what's good about our hotel and where we can improve. I have shared your review with the hotel and restaurant staffs to ensure they are aware of your comments and take action to ensure every experience is a fantastic one. Please feel free to contact me directly at GMmarylouise.fitzgibbon@whotels and I'll be happy to look into your reservation further and discuss with you. Thank you again for your time and we hope that we will welcome you back again for a true W experience.

Boca Raton, Florida, United States
Reviewed 18 January 2012

This hotel was in a great location! Clean, trendy and friendly. The service was outstanding! The concierge, David Michael, was absolutely fabulous! He knew exactly where to sent me and my husband for a fun filled night out on the town and where to go for a romantic evening! Never having been to Atlanta we did not know where to go and what to do, but because of this hotel and it's awesome staff we will be back real soon! Thumbs up!!,

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Denise H - What a great review - THANK YOU! You've really highlighted some of our best attributes, especially our service. I can't wait to spread the news and recognize David-Michael for his "absolutely fabulous" contribution to your experience. We're looking forward to seeing you two again to show you more of what Atlanta and W Atlanta-Buckhead has in store!!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Nice Hotel in Buckhead but not the W I expected... I agree with other writers... the housekeepers are loud with their knocking and the doors at the hotel seem to slam all the time. The bathroom in the room has very little privacy since the door is not sound proof(it like a very thin sliding door)... The actual bathroom is very small... so if you are tall good luck. I found the room to be pretty but for some strange reason I felt like I was staying in an office not a hotel room. I do find this to be a kind of weird W Hotel... I can not place my finger on it but it does not have the same vibe of other W Hotels I have stayed at. The heater is VERY loud but they have some sort of noise machine that I guess is suppose to be used so that you don't hear the heater... does not sound VERY W to me! But then again this is the most inexpensive W I have stayed at so maybe I should not be comparing it to other W Hotels?! Parking is overpriced like all hotels in Buckhead.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review. Take care!