“Regular visitor” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #65 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
FL
“Regular visitor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I've stayed here over 10 times now and have never had a bad experience. The staff is always so attentive and they anticipate what I may already want. Superior service!!
I will not hesitate to book a room at this place again. I wish I could actually LIVE in a place like this!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BDP13
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
BDP13 - YES!! We'll help you sign a lease! Thanks so much for the glowing review and we'll see you next time!

All the Best

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Korean first
NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

Stayed at the W Buckhead February 14-18 for the long holiday. We were looking forward to this getaway, but sadly, this W fell short of our expectations. We booked a WINTER Package that included a "Spectacular" room, valet parking, 2 drink coupons, 3 rd night billed @ $49, while the other nights were to be billed at $179. A lot went wrong. Our room location request was not granted, we were billed the full $179 per night at checkout and it took over 10 minutes to correct the bill to the point the $49 was removed entirely. We didnt use the drink coupons as a specific time is printed yet check out, we were told printed time didnt matter. The call ahead valet never once had our car ready and Saturday night was a crowded zoo at the hotel, service levels drop dramatically and they weren't great to begin with. There's not enough room here to further describe all the issues that we experienced. Then rooms are not that nice. The bathroom was small and tight. Though in a good location, I would skip staying here again as better can be had for the price we paid in this economy. How disappointing Starwood.

Room Tip: Don't stay near the roof lounge, very noisy.w
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 15 March 2013
SBFINCT - Thank you for your review of your Valentine's weekend. I'm sorry to learn of the challenges you experienced - from response times to billing mix ups, things obviously didn't go according to plan or live up to our service standards and for that, I am sincerely sorry. I do hope that we will have another opportunity to have you back and if so, please don't hesitate me directly at GMmarylouise.fitzgibbon@whotels.com. Thank you again.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

We arrived at the hotel for a staycation (arrived Friday afternoon and checked out Sunday). I never received the "perks" that were included with my reservation such as vouchers for free drinks, etc. On Saturday, the light in the bathroom/shower went out. I called the front desk to ask for the light to be replaced. I was told that was no issue and it would be replaced. It was never replaced. That meant a dark bathroom AND shower for Saturday afternoon until check out on Sunday.
On Saturday night, when we returned to the hotel after dinner, we noticed a sign on a stand in our hallway on the 9th floor (that was not there Friday night) that said "Shhh....remember we have a zero tolerance for noise in the hallway". Sure enough, around 3:30 a.m that night a large group of girls returned to their room on our floor and continued to be obnoxiously loud until they were kicked out of the hotel by security at 5:30 a.m.
Security was yelling at them and were being just as loud as the girls. When I mentioned this the next day at checkout, the staff and manager knew what I was going to complain about before I could even get anything out of my mouth. The manager was obviously well prepared for this since I'm guessing it is a common occurrence at this property and quickly looked at my account to see what she could comp. The manager was in such a rush to appease me and make me feel like she quickly taking care of the problem, that I was honestly sidetracked by all of the other major issues and concerns I had during my stay. I was assured this was an isolated incident and the hotel is not usually that noisy, etc. but I find that hard to believe since there is a sign indicating they have a "zero tolerance for noise" in the hallways. The hotel is located near lots of nearby, popular bars and it did appear there were several large groups of girls there to party, whether for general fun, birthday parties, or bachelorette parties.

We ordered room service and the food was just barely edible. And for the outrageous prices you pay for room service, you really expect a decent sandwich. I'm not talking the best meal of my life, but this was pretty poor.

There were errors on my bill (which I am waiting to hear back from the hotel once corrected) and I was not awarded the proper amount of points for the stay.

The overall level of service, professionalism and everything about our stay was not up to W standards. I have stayed at other W hotels and truly felt like a preferred guest. However, at this particular property, I felt like I was paying W prices for a stay at Motel 6.

Room Tip: I definitely would not recommend the 9th floor on a Saturday night. If staying on a weekend, it migh...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Leigh Anne S - Thank you for your time and candor. I enjoyed speaking with you earlier this week and am so glad we will be welcoming you back again soon for a more relaxing visit.

You know where to find me if you need me! GMmarylouise.fitzgibbon@whotels.com. Thanks again, Ms. S.

All the Best.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

My husband and I spent our anniversary here and had a VERY special night. They scattered red rose petals around the room amid votives all over the room AND treated us to a bottle of champagne, which we love. We had the most wonderful night going up to Whiskey Blue, the bar on top of the hotel, which has both indoor and outdoor seating, and looking at our own city from an entirely different perspective. The outside pool, several floors up, looked inviting. Dinner at the hotel's restaurant was delicious, and the service everywhere was impeccable. I highly recommend The W in Buckhead.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
donbrown649 - Happy Anniversary and thanks for your review - so glad you enjoyed your special occasion with us and our new restaurant, Cook Hall! See you soon!

UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

Nice hotel. Very clean public areas and spotlessly clean rooms. I've stayed in many hotels mainly 4 star but this was more like a 3 star in my opinion. Comfortable beds and great mini toiletries by Bliss, plenty of them too, shampoo, conditioner, body butter, face wash, shower gel and soap, nice!! No coffee making facilities in room but these could be requested, I presume there would be a charge though. Mini bar was in a fridge which had room to put in a few bottles of water which was useful. The hotel has a scheme by which you sign up as a 'Starwood preferred guest' to earn points and you can choose not to have daily housekeeping and to receive a points credit instead. I was kind of dubious as I thought we may not be able to get extra towels etc however as I like to ' go green' I went with the program and was delighted when on the third morning I rang to request 2 towels and a shower gel, they were brought to my room within a few minutes plus I was given more of all of the mini bath products. The weekend we stayed here was freezing cold, we were to meet friends in a restaurant and asked the concierge for directions, he told us he would take us and they brought along a car to take us right to the door. So that is the positive review, here comes the negative. I asked for a quiet room, we were given 502, away from the elevator but above the hotel entrance, this wasn't too noisy but we could hear cars pulling in. We were next to the pool area which was quiet as its winter however the weather was bad, high winds and the canopy over the pool deck was making so much noise in the wind I didn't sleep for two nights. The A/C heating unit was also very noisy for a 4 star hotel.The other BIG negative is the bathroom. Oh dear!!! It consists of a small shower and toilet, the vanity is separate but equally small, a large person would struggle to sit comfortably on the toilet, it's so small the toilet roll is in front of you on the wall. This isn't the worse thing though, the sliding doors to this room are Perspex and see through, yes you've got it, you can see right through those doors. Now I travelled with my husband and we have been married for over 20 years but we really do not want to see each other sitting on the lavatory. For this reason the hotel gets a thumbs down. In my opinion the rooms are only suitable for a single person. The bathrooms really need to be redesigned. As I use tripadvisor before booking any hotel you may wonder why I chose this place as a number of the reviews mention the bathroom, well I got a good deal on Priceline.I'm extremely glad I did not pay full price. I doubt I would stay here again simply because of the bathroom and would therefore probably choose the midtown area of Atlanta if I use Priceline again. Buckhead area is a nice area, lots of shopping and restaurants etc and the W is in a perfect location for a weekend stay but there are a lot of hotels in the area to choose from.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
aaasis - Thank you for your time and thorough review. I sincerely appreciate your thought, detail, and providing both the good and the not-so-good aspects of your stay which I will share with our staff. As the biggest deterrent for you is our bathroom, I do hope that you will return to enjoy the service, location and other positives, in one of the other bathroom configurations on another visit. Again, I appreciate your time and feedback and we hope to see you again for another Atlanta trip.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

Stayed here on business. Easy access from the 400 in case you want to get around. Surrounded by great places to shop and eat. Del Friscos steakhouse and Magiano's italian is right across the street. Very friendly staff. The rooms are great. Very new hotel with excellent beds and pillows. The bar on the top floor is very nice and has an outdoor section.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marc W - Thanks so much for your time, reservation, and review. And we can't wait to see you again! Thanks!!

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

First time staying at a W hotel. Since I am from New York city, I wanted quality and trust me I got it staying at the W in Buckhead. Everything was near the lenox mall and Phipps plaza mall. I so got the Southern hospitality staying at the W hotel. I was never disappointed staying there and enjoyed myself. My advice is to stay in their Suite, its the best you will never regret it. All the other rooms seem kind of small to my liking.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
MissBKLYN - We love it too! I'm so glad your first W Hotel visit was a hit - we can't wait to welcome you back for more W Atlanta - Buckhead Southern Hospitality!