“Customer Service”

Ranked #69 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Charleston, South Carolina
“Customer Service”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I left one of my favorite necklaces at this hotel and realized it 3 days after my stay. When I spoke to Vernon in Security he was able to tell me they were returned to lost and found. They are mail ing them to me now! Very appreciative of their honesty and customer service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank charlestonarttours
RParkes, Guest Experience Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
charlestonarttours - We're thrilled to hear that your necklace is on it's way back home where it belongs.

It's always our pleasure to take great care of our guests and we hope to see you soon in Atlanta!

Regards,

Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Korean first
Modesto, California
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I do not have a single complaint about this hotel (note: I am not easy to please, and I travel constantly so I have many dozens of hotels to which I can compare). The staff, accommodations, and amenities were all exceptional. I went to the hotel on business, but I am already looking into planning another trip there for pleasure because I had such a great time. The hotel has a unique, urban-chic, eclectic kind of vibe that is über cool. The in-house restaurant, Cooks Hall, is fabulous. I highly recommend the smoked whiskey sour (served in a sealed mason jar filled with smoke…how cool is that?!). I was worried that in a busy area I may not get a good night's sleep, but the black out curtains were awesome, bed was comfortable, and noise was minimal. The concierge was a sweetheart (he even ran down the street for me to go get me a brochure for the Coca Cola factory because he had run out at his desk), the front desk staff treated me like a friend, and every single employee I encountered made me feel as though they were grateful I had chosen their hotel. I cannot rave enough about this hotel and the service I received. 5 stars, two thumbs up, perfect 10!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hey Stefanie B!

Thanks for the FABULOUS review! Reviews such as this encourages and inspires our Talent to continue creating impactful experiences for each guest that visits our hotel and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another dynamic experience.

Insider Tip... Need something. Just ask. We've got you covered! No problem.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The W Hotel in Atlanta-Buckhead has a very nice lobby and the rooms - at least my room - was clean but had an odd collection of wires between the bed plugged into an electrical bar. The bar provided additional outlets for my laptop, iPhone and iPad, but looked like it belonged in a garage, not in a multi-star hotel room.

The big problem was the bathroom which desperately needs an upgrade. The shower curtain hung on a 1980's-style straight bar, rather than the curved bars that provide room for your shoulders in the shower. It felt as if I were showering in a phone booth. The amenities looked like they had been purchased at the same place that a motel in Pompano Beach might have done. There was one, small, bar of soap for the sink and the shower.

Sounds like nit-picking, I know, but I expected better at one of the best brands in the American hotel business.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RichGalen
RParkes, Guest Experience Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
RichGalen - Thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience on Trip Advisor. We take your comments/feedabck very seriously and will use this as a tool for improvement. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

All the best,

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Room was small, clean and quiet. $5 for a bottle of water! Most of the time you stay at a SPG property and are Gold or above you get at least water as a thank you! Staff was polite, not effusively helpful but OK. Ate inhouse once. Not bad for a hotel restaurant. Short rib sandwich was tender but lacked flavor. Au jus dip was almost tasteless. Fries fresh cut and done perfectly. Dessert - carmel pudding was surprisingly excellent - a little touch of salt and a layer of chocolate. Nice surprise.

Stayed March 2014
Fludoc - We love our SPG members here at W Atlanta Buckhead and we definitely have a nice perk for you next time you're in Atlanta! Thanks for dining at Cook Hall, our in-house restaurant. The new menu options are absolutely delicious and a must try!

Insider Tip... ask about our Cocktail Kits!

Kind regards,

Atlanta
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at the W Buckhead two weekends ago to celebrate her 40th birthday. Renford Parkes, Guest Relations Manager, made the stay extra special by going out of his way to ensure the stay was special. He had wine and cupcakes already in the room when we checked in and made sure that the accommodations were top notch. It has been two weeks and my wife still is talking about her stay at the W. We will definitely be back due to the extra efforts put in by the staff, especially those of Renford Parkes.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank atljoe
Hey Joe!

Once again, it was truly our pleasure to ensure that your wife enjoyed her fabulous 40th birthday! Before your arrival, you reviewed our Trip Advisor reviews and reached out to me based on the online testimonials from other guests and we definitely created a memorable experience together for your wife. Trip Advisor connected us and now you're a VIP in our eyes!

Take care,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

As an SPG member I would say the rooms could use an update as there were maintenance issues in my room. However they made up for it with excellent service. Eric at the front desk went out of his way to press my jacket after a late checkin. I will stay there again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Mfelddny - Thanks for the excellent review! We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay and glad that know that Eric was accommodating by personally pressing your jacket for you. Until next time, take care and we'll see you soon.

Regards,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This was my first ever trip to Atlanta. Was in town overnight on business. I always try to stay at W's when I can and was told buckhead was the place to be.

The service was excellent from start to finish. Had lunch in the cook hall restaurant and liked it so much I went back for dinner. Duck tacos are an absolute must.

The staff of the hotel should be recognized for their outstanding service especially Thomas Williams and David-Michael Searcy. Both went out of their way to accommodate me. Above and beyond in my opinion. Hopefully management recognizes them and realizes that customer service goes a long way and these two far exceeded in making this customer happy.

Great hotel. Great restaurant. Great staff. Great location.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Itlnmikey1
Itlnmikey1 - NICE! We're thrilled to hear that your first visit to Atlanta was awesome and our exclusive Buckhead address is definitely the hot spot when in the city! Our team takes great pride in going above and beyond for our guests and look forward to your second visit to Atlanta surpassing this one!

All the best,