“Wonderful W Hotel!”

Ranked #69 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Austin, Texas
“Wonderful W Hotel!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The W Hotel in Buckhead went beyond my expectations. The staff was attentive to my every need and went out of their way to make sure I was well-taken care of. The rooms were clean and inviting, and I was within walking distance to Lenox Mall and other shopping and eating venues. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
RParkes, Guest Experience Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Monique J - We look forward to welcoming you back soon in grand style for another stay that will certainly exceed your expectations once again!

Stay cool,

Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed here in mid-March. Loud place with a hip-hop culture. Lots of gaudy bling. Staff was not customer oriented. My room was not ready when I arrived. Check-in was listed at 4 pm. I got there at 6:30 and was told "we were busy today. Sorry." Sat in lobby until room was ready.

Music booming from high-floor bar until wee hours. Had to put a pillow over my head to get some rest.

Forced to valet park. No other options. The "free shuttle" they describe for local trips is first-come, first serve. Long waits for valet and for shuttle wasted a ton of my weekend. I saw one guy arguing with valet over damage to his car. When I got home, I saw some scratches on my bumper that were not there before my stay.

Driveway is hard to find and I drove by it several times and then had to wait it traffic to turn around. If you are going to put up this this kind of junk, stay at the Ritz or the Mandarin. Or, if you just want room, quiet, and the ability to park your own car so the valets don' t trash it, stay around the corner at the Wingate.

The W stands for "whatever" which his the response they give their customers.

Room Tip: Stay away from the upper floors unless you prefer to go without sleep
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank centrino75
RParkes, Guest Experience Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Hey centrino75, it appears that we unfortunately dropped the ball in exceeding your expectations during your recent visit and hope that you'll afford us another opportunity to make it up to you. We apologize that your room was not immediately ready for check-in and appreciate your patience during this busy weekend in Atlanta. Should your travels bring you back our away, a truly dynamic visit awaits and Whatever you need, Whenever you desire consider it done! Give me a shout directly at Renford.Parkes@whotels.com and I will personally oversee every aspect of your expereince and demonstrate exactly what makes W Atlanta Buckhead the hotel of choice in Buckhead.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed at the W Buckhead while attending a volleyball tournament, thinking we couldn't go wrong with a "W"......we were wrong. Hopefully, the room we were put in was different than other rooms. Ours was smaller than the closet. The shower was enclosed by half glass that would not slid. You had to walk all the way to the end to turn on and the water was freezing, taking some time to warm. The water pressure in the shower and the sink was horrible. I would like to say that the staff was nice and friendly...especially a gentleman named AJ. That said , ask about the bathroom prior to booking at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask about the bathroom prior to booking!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
RParkes, Guest Experience Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Joan T - Thanks for visiting while you were in town for the Big South Tournament. Next year, we will certainly have you pre-blocked in a room with a different bathroom layout that I'm sure you'll find accommodating. It was absolutely our pleasure to be of service and take care!

All the best,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I travel a lot, and stayed at the W Buckhead recently. Incredibly clean and up to date facility - very impressive. The staff may be on e of the most courteous, professional and customer focused I have ever experienced, from check in, to restaurants, to Whickey Blue (highly recommended). I will go back again and again. The hotel was very clean, very up to date, and for the price, was a great value.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Ed_K4 - Thanks for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent experience on Trip Advisor and take it easy....visit anytime! You're always welcome to stop by.

Regards,

Waldwick, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 April 2014

“It was cold in Atlanta, and my visit was very brief. The valet service was extremely nice warming up my rental and offering water.” Unfortunately I was not able to visit the restaurant and bar but other guests recommended it highly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
RParkes, Guest Experience Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Chloe_M38 - It's warming up now in HOTLANTA and our WET Deck will definitely be the place to be this Spring/Summer! Whenever you're ready to sip, savor and mix it up W Atlanta Buckhead is the place to be!

Stay cool,

Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We spent 2 nights at the W and had a wonderful time! The hotel is very nice, comfortable beds, clean with lovely BLISS bath products, and is in a great location for restaurants and shopping. The most striking thing was the front desk staff- especially Henry- they were friendly and ready to help at a moments notice. Henry offered organize the hotel driver to drive us with the Hotel Range Rover to our dinner reservation and pick us up so we would not have to bother with trying to find our restaurant after a day of traveling. It was greatly appreciated. The hotel also puts out delicious fruit infused water in the lobby which was very refreshing. The lobby is lively and chic and has a fun atmosphere. I would stay here again when in Atlanta!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
DBG5 - Thanks for the fabulous review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon in true W style!

Whatever/Whenever,

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed for two nights on business. Was during record cold spell in Atlanta in January 2014, so I didn't go outside more than to get to meetings and dinner. Service is fantastic, rooms quiet and comfortable, layout and decoration unusual but in a good way. Not much to else to say. Great hotel, well managed, enjoyable stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Kent W - We're glad that our team was able to make your trip to Atlanta during the snow storm enjoyable and hey don't be stanger....you're always welcome to stop by!

All the best,